Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone so I'm new to this app, I am having lapband on November 11th so today is my 3rd day of a two week liquid diet and I'm having a lot harder time then I thought I would ;/ I haven't cheated at all (nor do I plan to) but how did every one make it? I feel like this is going to be the longest two weeks ever!!!!!

Hey everyone so I'm new to this app' date=' I am having lapband on November 11th so today is my 3rd day of a two week liquid diet and I'm having a lot harder time then I thought I would ;/ I haven't cheated at all (nor do I plan to) but how did every one make it? I feel like this is going to be the longest two weeks ever!!!!![/quote']

Hi there this is my 9 day with the liquid diet, very hard still is specially right now seen my daugther eating smelling that food , a little head ache but keeping strong with it , I know is not easy but just think is good to have a good surgery and a speed recovery if you followed the diet good luck and just be strong!!:)) just think" if everybody with the lapband dit it why not me"

First couple of days are tough but it gets much easier......that reminds me, time for another shake! Five more days to surgery........

Hang in there!! It will get easier. :)

You get used to it after awhile. Going from solids to total liquids is hard but think of the reward waiting. Best of luck to you!

Hey everyone so I'm new to this app, I am having lapband on November 11th so today is my 3rd day of a two week liquid diet and I'm having a lot harder time then I thought I would ;/ I haven't cheated at all (nor do I plan to) but how did every one make it? I feel like this is going to be the longest two weeks ever!!!!!

I am on day 6 of a 3 week liquid pre-op diet. Day 3 was the hardest for me so hopefully things start to get easier for you over the next few days.

I am really scared because I could not even finish one day on liquids! If I cannot do one day- how am I going to do this? I will try again tomorrow-

Just drink, drink, drink!!! You will get full. I drank alot of the Crystal Lite and broth from Soup. sugar free Jello. It is so worth it!!

Popsicles really helped me those first few days. Haven't even had one for a week now.....guess I'd better pick up a few boxes for post-op. Getting to be that time!

I'm on a liquid diet and i'm struggling. I have 5 more days to surgery, and I haven't been able to be successful for one whole day. What's going to happen? Will I still get banded? If I could stick to a liquid diet, I wouldn't need surgery. I'm just saying!

I'm on a liquid diet and i'm struggling. I have 5 more days to surgery, and I haven't been able to be successful for one whole day. What's going to happen? Will I still get banded? If I could stick to a liquid diet, I wouldn't need surgery. I'm just saying!

You probably need to call your surgeon's office and ask them. I know my surgeon won't do it if you don't stick to the liquid pre-op diet. In fact, that was one of the first things they told me on my first visit with him. I'm a little worried about mine being delayed too because I have a skin yeast infection that's giving me heck. If I can't get it cleared up before surgery day, my surgery will be postponed. Here I am doing this liquid diet(today was day 10 for me) and I haven't cheated at all so I'm going to be upset if I can't get my surgery. I don't know if I can do this liquid diet again if my surgery date gets changed :(

Thank you Country Sweet! I'm going to tape my mouth shut for the next few days, or just go to sleep for the whole week. LOL

I am about to 3 weeks on full liquids, two weeks pre-op, and tomorrow will be my one week anniversary from being banded. For me, the key has been to have variety, just drinking chocolate Protein shakes would drive me up the wall. I have never been much of a sweets person, but especially since starting this, I seem to like chocolate more than I did before ... seems a bit strange, but I will take it! I have mix for chocolate and strawberry Meal Replacement shakes, which I mix with milk and have a couple times a day. For the balance of getting in the Protein I need, I either have an Isopure Protein Drink ... not exactly like drinking Kool Aid as to me they have an aftertaste, but it is a different way to get in protein with a different taste and feel to it. I have also had a wide variety of cream or broth Soups ... the premade ones in a box from Pacific I got from Target include creamy portobello mushroom, butternut squash, and french onion. If I still need more protein for the day, I will mix in an unflavored unjury protein packet, but getting in enough protein (I am supposed to have 80 grams a day) is never a problem, getting in 1000 calories without going way over on protein is proving to be more of a challenge.

One thing I do try to do is have Soup when the rest of the family is eating. I find me having something that has some substance to it when they are eating good smelling stuff is a big help, and it also helps me feel more a part of the family, sitting at the table eating while they are eating, rather than them having dinner while 'Dad is not eating'. To me, a wide variety of options has helped a great deal.

Great information! Thank you for the encouragement and keep up the good work! I'm really trying to stick to this liquid diet successfully until surgery. Surgery is Friday, and just saying it seems like it's so close, but not to eat anything til Friday is hard, but gotta do what you gotta do right?

Yes, here's to variety! I have five different tubs of Protein powder/meal replacement shakes to choose from. I know the ones I like pre-op may not work post-op but at least I'll have choices. Also I have a Popsicle once in a while. Using Outshine brand, no icky chemicals.