Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotions setting in :-(

I get banded 10-22-13 i couldn't be more happy about my decision. It took me a year to get approved with many disappointing road block but I fought back and I've won my trophy!!! Now, I didn't want to tell a soul about my band because my gamy are very competitive and critical. I posted a lapband hashtags well, I'm caught red handed. So people know. Some are supportive and have thousands of questions and some are critical with millions of insults. One being my big sister. :-(( u

Sadden because she is suppose to be the one with me the day of surgery. My mom had to work and I refuse to change the date. She has become very hateful she won't look me in the face and she even gives me bad looks. What's going to happen after the surgery I fear? I need a buddy. I will be there for anyone the same. I don't care where ya stay. I'm in need of a friend.

i know EXACTLY how you feel. my surgery is 10-25-2013 so im right behnd you. it took a few weeks after setting my surgery date to open up about it family and friends. when i finally did it was over dinner (big mistake) my grandma, who is a very important person in my life and i use to talk to daily, was telling me how she thinks im going to fail at it and stadrted pointing out my plate i was eating at the moment.... :( it broke my heart but made me more motivated to do this right and be healthy.

if i were you i would seriously consider finding someone else to be there for you after surgery.... you do not need to deal with that kind of negativity when you are trying to heal.

Hang in there ! I was banded on 9/25/13...I only told some family and closest friends...thankfully they were all supportive...I think my best friend may be slightly jealous but this is the first time I've done something for ME ! My dad innocently asked for prayer for me at church before I had my surgery and didn't say what kind of surgery I was having but later someone asked him and he told them...she just so happens to be to biggest gossip of the church (I will pray for her) lol....but he didn't realize how personal and private I wanted it to be...but I cried for two days and then got over it ! My biggest fear is that people will be watching me and expecting me to lose weight and I didn't want to feel that pressure but I'm now hoping it will help hold me accountable...I know that one day I will share my weight loss journey with many more and feel ok with it...right now the biggest challenge is in my head ! So heads up and keep smiling and thinking positive things...this journey is yours and you are taking back control of your life !!! Congrats and best wishes :-)

My surgery date is next Tuesday, October 15th. I can honestly say that I am embarrassed to tell people that I am having "Fat Girl" surgery. People just don't understand. I only told my mom, two sisters, and my sons. I mentioned the possibility of having the surgery to a few friends and the looks in their faces were priceless. They questioned the need for the surgery and told me I didn't need to have it. "Just work out and eat healthy. Uggghhhh so needless to say they will not be told about my surgery and that I went thru with it. Now my husband, although he is supportive told me he didn't agree with me making the decision (about my body) without his input. Lol what a laugh. But he will be right there by my side.

But I am here to support as well. I agree with the previous comment...find someone else to go with you. Good luck!

What I would suggest is have some money set aside for a cab... And if you're in NYC, I'm willing to come and keep you company and take the drive home with you since I'm home a lot because I'm out of work. Your sister can SUX it!!

If not, find a friend you can confide in PREFERABLY A MALE because women have loose lips. Keep your head up HIGH and just focus on the finish line. You're already pretty, you're gonna be a freakin' knockOUT!!

What I would suggest is have some money set aside for a cab... And if you're in NYC' date=' I'm willing to come and keep you company and take the drive home with you since I'm home a lot because I'm out of work. Your sister can SUX it!! If not, find a friend you can confide in PREFERABLY A MALE because women have loose lips. Keep your head up HIGH and just focus on the finish line. You're already pretty, you're gonna be a freakin' knockOUT!![/quote']

I just think you are awesome ! I love your post...they make me laugh..and your personality shines through ! you remind me a lot of myself and my sisters :-)

I'm sorry you're going through this at a time when you really need support. I told everyone...I'm just an open book about things anyway and don't really care what people have to say. I had plenty of people say "you don't need that" "oh, that's dangerous" "I hate surgeries" blah, blah, blah! The fact of th matter is, they are not in my body and don't know what I've gone through to try to lose weight and keep it off. I took the plunge and I'm so happy I did.

Much of what you are experiencing is pure jealousy, please see through their negative comments and judgemental behavior as just that. They know what this is going to do for you and they are afraid to see you get further in life than they are. Because honestly, once you start losing weight so much about your life is going to change! I am a witness, so many things have changed for me in a very short amount of time - the same will happen for you. Being overweight holds you back and now much of that won't be an issue for you. You think they are upset now? Baby, please prepare yourself for the haters once you start dropping pounds left and right.

I hope someone comes around and can help get you home and settled in. You won't need anyone after the first day or so, just get all of your things together and make sure you won't have to go out of the house for the first couple of days. You just need a ride home and someone to get your prescriptions, which can be done with a cab ride; just have your doctor call the prescriptions in before you leave the hospital, then go to a drive-through pharmacy. Good luck and keep us posted!

I just think you are awesome ! I love your post...they make me laugh..and your personality shines through ! you remind me a lot of myself and my sisters :-)
Aweeee, thank you, LaneyB! Kisses & huggz. I'm glad my personality shines through because you never know how people "read" the things we write. You & your sisters must be THE BOMB!! LoL ;)

PrettyThick pretty much said gospel in her post above. Everything she said is 100% correct!!

What I would suggest is have some money set aside for a cab... And if you're in NYC' date=' I'm willing to come and keep you company and take the drive home with you since I'm home a lot because I'm out of work. Your sister can SUX it!! If not, find a friend you can confide in PREFERABLY A MALE because women have loose lips. Keep your head up HIGH and just focus on the finish line. You're already pretty, you're gonna be a freakin' knockOUT!![/quote']

Wow thanks hotbutterfly You really lifted me up. I wish I did stay in NY because I could use someone. I told my mom this morning that I wish my sister didn't know because I would find a total stranger before I would want her there. I do t stay in NY but I would mind a friend from there. Please! Lol I'm not a competitive and I'm very sane.

Wow thanks hotbutterfly You really lifted me up. I wish I did stay in NY because I could use someone. I told my mom this morning that I wish my sister didn't know because I would find a total stranger before I would want her there. I do t stay in NY but I would mind a friend from there. Please! Lol I'm not a competitive and I'm very sane.

what state do you live in?

I'm sorry you're going through this at a time when you really need support. I told everyone...I'm just an open book about things anyway and don't really care what people have to say. I had plenty of people say "you don't need that" "oh' date=' that's dangerous" "I hate surgeries" blah, blah, blah! The fact of th matter is, they are not in my body and don't know what I've gone through to try to lose weight and keep it off. I took the plunge and I'm so happy I did. Much of what you are experiencing is pure jealousy, please see through their negative comments and judgemental behavior as just that. They know what this is going to do for you and they are afraid to see you get further in life than they are. Because honestly, once you start losing weight so much about your life is going to change! I am a witness, so many things have changed for me in a very short amount of time - the same will happen for you. Being overweight holds you back and now much of that won't be an issue for you. You think they are upset now? Baby, please prepare yourself for the haters once you start dropping pounds left and right. I hope someone comes around and can help get you home and settled in. You won't need anyone after the first day or so, just get all of your things together and make sure you won't have to go out of the house for the first couple of days. You just need a ride home and someone to get your prescriptions, which can be done with a cab ride; just have your doctor call the prescriptions in before you leave the hospital, then go to a drive-through pharmacy. Good luck and keep us posted![/quote']

Thank you so much and yes!! Good advise. I feel more confident now. So I'm going to get all my stuff together.

You're from Hammond??? Hey!!! I'm originally from Gary. Heyyyy!