Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tonight, i break up with my long term relationship with food

i dont start my pe-op liquid diet for two days but i dont want to eat crap food the night before because i feel like it will make my first day of liquid only alot harder. so tonight im considering my last night. also i am a big holiday person and since i will still be recovering from surgery when thanksgiving comes around and im kinda upset for the fact i just moved into my first house with my fiance and it would have been our first thanksgiving where i cook. i am having thanksgiving dinner tonight! lol followed by a little candy for holloween lol!!! did anyone else have a "last dinner" before they got lapband?

16day untill i get the lapband :D :wub: :ph34r: :wub: :unsure:^_^ < what my emotions have been like that past week leading up to this lol

I went out with a bang. My 2-week pre-op liquid diet began the day after I came home from a big family wedding in Vegas! I had my fill of beer and other bubbly drinks while there, along with some foods that I knew would be difficult later. Funny thing is that I no longer even crave those things that were so important to me that week.

I definitely did. I ate a giant Reuben sandwich, fries, an entire pie (not even kidding), a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and pretty much anything else in the house that wasn't nailed down. (gee, it's little wonder I got over 400 pounds!)

But being honest? In retrospect, I wish I hadn't. Like so many others I had "last meal syndrome" thinking the band would be the end of food I loved. Not so!! The band is about moderation not deprivation. I can still have a Reuben if I really want one, but now I eat maybe a 1/3 of one and I'm done. Same goes for deserts- I still have pie but I have a very small piece. The biggest difference is, the small amounts are now just as satisfying as the huge amounts were prior to surgery.

I completely understand your desire for a Thanksgiving before surgery- enjoy! But, don't think of it as your "last meal". You'll have all the Thanksgiving goodies again just in band sized portions. Think of it as your last meal in unhealthy portions :)

I didn't do the last supper thing. I was already so fooded out, there wasn't one single thing I felt that I would miss. I was disgusted with food and eating all together, and I've had so MANY "last suppers", this time around, I just didn't care.

Now, that's not to say that I don't totally get it :P

I've been trying to get ready for the pre-op diet and invented a few weeks of punishment and struggle for myself in the name of getting off a chunk of weight prior to the liquid diet and surgery (one month from today). This has brought up issues of self-defeat -- working too hard for no result, deprivation v. reward and all the things that brought me to Lapband Land in the first place. So I'm going easier. Getting a shake in every day and loving it. Will nelp me move into shake world if i have some now. Exercising a LOT. Mild detoxing -- no wheat, dairy, sugar, low caffeine. But now trying to be gentle with myself these couple of weeks. Went out to a favorite restaurant last night and had a good meal. No rice but yummy entre. Wine. Don't need dessert but don't need to. Be starving myself either.

16day untill i get the lapband :D :wub: :ph34r: :wub: :unsure:^_^ < what my emotions have been like that past week leading up to this lol

Courtney - this cracked me up. I have to tell you, most all of us took the emotional roller coaster prior to surgery. Completely normal! I was getting ready to change my name to Sybil - LOL!

i had a last dinner/beer but no way did i break off my relationship with food..it has deepened....made me appreciate the taste..the smell...the texture and realized it never solved my (problems) when i turned to it for comfort...i now eat to live/feed my body and not just live to eat

congrats on your upcoming surgery :)

Before my pre-surgery diet, I ate all my favorite foods, got my favorite things from my fav restaurant, drank my last diet cokes. Im glad I did it!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I had a two week bucket list of places to eat and foods to consume. Enjoyed my "last meal" of filet with a garlic whiskey sauce, loaded potato and 3" thick key lime pie. Followed it up with a chocolate martini and a hearty cigar. Loved every morsel and favored every minute of the last time I would ever eat these things or at certain places. I have since figured out you don't miss out just make better choices. I think everyone should have a last meal but not cause they are getting banded. Have it because that fat person stuffing their face at that last meal is dying and a new person, skinny person, better choice making person will wake in their place the next day.

Who are we kidding?? I had SEVERAL last meals....my last Chinese buffet, my last frozen pizza, my last Big Mac....little did I know I didn't have to go through all the trouble because I still have those things, just much less and much less often. There is no harm in a last minute gorge as long as you are committed to your new lifestyle....GOOD LUCK =)

thank you EVERYONE for your response! i didnt even eat alot and i was not even happy i did it. like someone else wrote, im just over it. and yes you are right the fat person is dyeing and the new me is being born! also like someone else wrote i kinda have started my pre-op diet 2 weeks ago, becasue i HATE

PROTIEN shakes and i knew it would be hard going from my normal eating to shakes only so i think i already feel the new me taking over even before the lapband... my body might not have changed yet, and my stomach isnt banded but my mind is ... or at least starting.

You are gonna be ok ;)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk