Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

Ok guys I didnt make it in Nov but just to give u guys an update I got my approval from insurance today soo now hoping for a december surgery.. :)

Ok guys I didnt make it in Nov but just to give u guys an update I got my approval from insurance today soo now hoping for a december surgery.. :)

Good luck! Congrats on finally getting approved! Ease keep us posted!

I was banded November 22nd, surgery went great. Now I'm struggling to realize when I'm full, and really I'm not eating much but I hurt after I eat. So I really don't know if its eating to much or if its normal. This part has been pretty tough.

<br>

I had to do two days Clear Liquids, days three to seven, full liquids and I can start mushies tomorrow. Every doc is different, they progress their patients their own way. Just do what your doc says. :)

That's the same diet but I was on post op , but now I'm on all that from day 1- 7 and now eggs and cottage cheese but Friday I can start incorporating fish and tuna.< /p>

I was banded November 22nd, surgery went great. Now I'm struggling to realize when I'm full, and really I'm not eating much but I hurt after I eat. So I really don't know if its eating to much or if its normal. This part has been pretty tough.

Hi there -- maybe you are eating too fast? I agree learning to listen to the body's signals is difficult. What is hunger vs. what is habit, and for me slowing way, way down. Also the food has to be absolute mush when it is swallowed so that's a lot of chewing!

I went to my surgeon one week post surgery yesterday. I am told to eat "chunky foods". So, there really hasn't been a mushy foods reitroduction. However, I am not eating a whole lot of course, which he said is the goal....lol.....

Hi All,

Just checking in. So I didn't make it into the November bandsters. Would you believe my insurance company still has my case pending and the doctor submitted the paperwork at the end of October? I am losing hope! If they approve me I am looking at a December 30th date. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi All,

Just checking in. So I didn't make it into the November bandsters. Would you believe my insurance company still has my case pending and the doctor submitted the paperwork at the end of October? I am losing hope! If they approve me I am looking at a December 30th date. Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh man! Totally unfair! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

Just checking in. It's been a rough couple of weeks. Had to put my oldest cat down-she was 18. Then we lost a good friend suddenly to a heart attack. All this with the Thanksgiving holiday! It has been hard on me emotionally and I've been just drained. I go in for my first fill on Dec. 17th. I will go in every 6 weeks thereafter. Basically, I will be on liquids for 2 weeks after the fill, then mushies for 2 weeks, then solids for 2 weeks before the fill. My weight has remained much the same since my initial loss from pre-surgery prep, but I haven't gotten in any exercise until yesterday. Yesterday I felt good for the first time since surgery. The holiday dinners were a little rough, I did eat too much I know, but I know for sure I didn't eat as much as I would have before surgery! I have also been using the app called "Eat Slower". You take a bite, then start the clock and let it time down until a minute has passed, then time for another bite. That has been a big help. My plan is to get more exercise in...I have a "walk in home" DVD that is very low impact and can be done no matter what the weather is. Hope everyone is doing well who had the surgery, and good luck to everyone with upcoming surgery!

Just checking in. It's been a rough couple of weeks. Had to put my oldest cat down-she was 18. Then we lost a good friend suddenly to a heart attack. All this with the Thanksgiving holiday! It has been hard on me emotionally and I've been just drained. I go in for my first fill on Dec. 17th. I will go in every 6 weeks thereafter. Basically, I will be on liquids for 2 weeks after the fill, then mushies for 2 weeks, then solids for 2 weeks before the fill. My weight has remained much the same since my initial loss from pre-surgery prep, but I haven't gotten in any exercise until yesterday. Yesterday I felt good for the first time since surgery. The holiday dinners were a little rough, I did eat too much I know, but I know for sure I didn't eat as much as I would have before surgery! I have also been using the app called "Eat Slower". You take a bite, then start the clock and let it time down until a minute has passed, then time for another bite. That has been a big help. My plan is to get more exercise in...I have a "walk in home" DVD that is very low impact and can be done no matter what the weather is. Hope everyone is doing well who had the surgery, and good luck to everyone with upcoming surgery!

Hi BrownEyes, so sorry about this difficult time. What a trifecta -- your friend dying suddenly, having to put a pet down and Thanksgiving on top of it all. Sending best wishes as you recover from all that and start your process with fills. Good for you to be getting some exercise in and noticing already that you're feeling better. I can't believe what a difference it makes to my mood and energy levels, plus I know it will help with the weight loss. Take care and keep us posted!

Aww... BrownEyes. Sending you a hug. I am so sorry that you have had such a rough time of it.

I find a little timer to be invaluable in pacing my eating, too. I received a little goodie bag from True Results and one of the things in it is a little one minute hourglass. I use it to time between bites. It is such a great tool and it really slows me down. :)

I finally got my approval and will be a Dec bandster! The approval process was a fiasco, but it's done. Getting banded Dec 18th. The dietician was freaking out today because I just got approved last night and haven't started my pre-op diet yet. I'm sure a few days won't matter. Haven't had time to get nervous as I'm having to get into the mindset of going on the pre-op diet right away. But happy to be starting the new year in a good spot.

Hope all you November bandsters are doing well!

I finally got my approval and will be a Dec bandster! The approval process was a fiasco, but it's done. Getting banded Dec 18th. The dietician was freaking out today because I just got approved last night and haven't started my pre-op diet yet. I'm sure a few days won't matter. Haven't had time to get nervous as I'm having to get into the mindset of going on the pre-op diet right away. But happy to be starting the new year in a good spot.

Hope all you November bandsters are doing well!

Congratulations -- so happy for you!

Finally got my staples out, today. Such a relief! I hated those freaky things! And I am so much more comfortable, now. When my surgeon had me lift my shirt to look at my incisions his eyes got big and he said, "You've lost weight!" And smiled. That made me feel good.

I am looking forward to my first aftercare appointment on the 19th. I'll get weighed, see how I'm doing numbers - wise and see if I am ready for an adjustment. Should be an interesting day. :D

I like my band. :D

Hi All - haven't been on in a while and wanted to check in and see how all of my Nov buddies are doing. I'm almost 3 weeks out and feeling pretty good. It's been pretty cold outside so i'm not getting to walk as much as I would like but trying as much as possible.

I'm curious to see what stages people are at with eating and weight loss. I think I have been doing ok, but i'm not sure where to go with eating from here. The weight was dropping pretty quick from the pre-op diet and until about a week after surgery but since then I have been at a stand still for 2 weeks now. I know its a little early to get frustrated but it's pretty hard not to.

Wishing everyone good luck and happy banding thoughts. :)