Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG October 2013 Post-ops

I should stop stalking and check in.. 9wks down and i am down 60lbs total. I have the hardest time with chicken turkey and shrimp. One bite and im puking it up. sometimes 2 hours later. beef seems to be the easiest for me. I cant seem to find the right balance of protein/food or fluids. its always one or the other. I cant take any of the good multi vites because they make me throw up after chewing. Im currently taking vitamelts multi and trying to suppliment with Biotin and foods rich in b1. its been a struggle for me. I am a foodie. I cook and plan meals then after 1 bite i cant eat it. its kinda depressing. But.. then i look at the 60lb loss and i am happy about it. I can barely eat 2 oz of any solids. up to 6 if its a slider like yogurt or liquidy Soups.

I am craving chicken wings soo bad so i have to try to find an alternate meat for them.. I will try rabbit and frog legs next weekend.

Protein shakes have been hard.. i can still only tolerate Ohyeah ready to drinks and nectar fuzzy navel and twisted cherry.. no other flavors ..

hope to get some more check ins.

Had a doctors appointment today and had my A1C level checked (among other things).

The results are that all of my test results were great, and my A1C was a 5.5 (the last time I had it checked before surgery is was around 10.8).

Had my surgery Oct. 1st. SW 300, CW 248. Went fast at the beginning, has slowed down some now. Gonna start Cross Fit in a week to see if I can't speed it back up.

I'm two months post-op today and 42 pounds down!! But last night I had my first food stuck/puking experience. WOW!!! That shit hurts!!!! I've been pretty lucky that I haven't had that or the dumping yet. But I don't ever want to go through that again!!!! We had steak last week and I was fine but last night I must not have chewed it well enough. It took me 3.5 hours to get it all up!! I still feel like crap today. Chest hurts. I'm afraid to eat so I have been doing the liquid/puréed diet all day. I feel so bad for any of you that go through that all the time!! Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Can't believe how quiet this blog got lol

I'm two months post-op today and 42 pounds down!! But last night I had my first food stuck/puking experience. WOW!!! That **** hurts!!!! I've been pretty lucky that I haven't had that or the dumping yet. But I don't ever want to go through that again!!!! We had steak last week and I was fine but last night I must not have chewed it well enough. It took me 3.5 hours to get it all up!! I still feel like crap today. Chest hurts. I'm afraid to eat so I have been doing the liquid/puréed diet all day. I feel so bad for any of you that go through that all the time!! Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Can't believe how quiet this blog got lol

I hope you feel better soon, Angie. A few weeks ago, I had a similar experience with seared tuna. It was awful! I actually moaned for hours until I puked twice. I had seared tuna before with no problem. It was the first time I regretted surgery since day 2.

I almost feel guilty that I have had a fairly smooth recovery. I've settled into routines that seem to be working. There was a scheduling mixup and I had my 3 month follow- up at 2 months. The PA and Nut said it was no big deal, so I've already had my 3 month labs. As expected, Iron was low so I've stared taking Iron at night. Protein was also low, so even though I was getting at least 60g per day, I was told to add more. I was also told to start adding more variety and more quantity 1/2-3/4 c per meal. The best news is So far 60lbs (30 pre-op, 30 post-op) are gone forever!

I hope we get some more Oct updates. How are you handling the holiday parties and food festivities?

Molly

I'm two months post-op today and 42 pounds down!! But last night I had my first food stuck/puking experience. WOW!!! That **** hurts!!!! I've been pretty lucky that I haven't had that or the dumping yet. But I don't ever want to go through that again!!!! We had steak last week and I was fine but last night I must not have chewed it well enough. It took me 3.5 hours to get it all up!! I still feel like crap today. Chest hurts. I'm afraid to eat so I have been doing the liquid/puréed diet all day. I feel so bad for any of you that go through that all the time!! Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Can't believe how quiet this blog got lol

This is how i get anytime i eat chicken or turkey in anyform.. sausage,canned,in Soup with a spoonful of broth, chili.. so far its only chicken turkey shrimp and muchrooms that do that to me. I try every week or 2 again with some sort of poultry. the funny thing is, someone told me to try soy "chicken" it did the same thing. Been like that since pureed stage at 2 weeks out.. Today is 11 weeks out. I can eat just about everything else.

10 weeks out...52 pounds down. All is going ok. Hard to eat sometimes because I am not ever hungry. My friend said you used to live to eat and now you eat to live. Had the stuck feeling just a couple of times, best thing for me to do is walk it off. It lasts for about 15 minutes. I learned my lesson though...chew chew chew. I never threw up but really wanted to.

I miss vegetables and salads. In due time I suppose. No dumping, but I haven't really done anything to tempt fate. :) No good bread, but I will have an occasional rye krisp or half of a Natures Own thin round, toasted pretty much til its dry and crumbly. I put tuna or egg salad on them. Still supplement with Protein shakes. Keeping up with the Vitamins and Nexium although Calcium is a struggle. I just wish we could take everything twice a day instead of having to space it out. Fluids are a struggle somethimes especially when I get involved at work I lose track of time. To be honest I am not doing much exercise yet except for walking. I do have more energy and don't get winded. NSV...I can cross my legs when I am sitting and the waistband of my jeans just not roll down anymore...lol. I have lost a bra cup size. I'm kinda sad about that...lol. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care and Happy Holidays! Respect the pouch! Respect it!! :) Lisa

I'm 10 weeks post op. I've lost about 28 lbs plus several inches. My doctor's office told me I may lose slow because I was a revision (from the band). I'm ok with that as long as I'm losing. My energy level is great. I've recently started working out so maybe this will kick in more weight loss. I still need to increase my Protein & Water but its getting better. I hope everyone else is doing well!

I am almost 7 weeks out and I have lost a total of 46 pounds since I started my pre op diet. I don't have any real food problems except artificial sweeteners turn my stomach. Super sweet things make me feel sick to my stomach too but I am fine with that since I am trying to avoid all those things. I try and get at least 30 minutes of walking in a day and it is so nice to not sweat to death doing so lol. I was talking to a friend and I felt like 46 pounds wasn't enough and he told me I lost a 5th grader haha that really made me feel better.

Pre preop diet weight

SW 356

CW 330

Total inches lost 9.75

This is how i get anytime i eat chicken or turkey in anyform.. sausage,canned,in Soup with a spoonful of broth, chili.. so far its only chicken turkey shrimp and muchrooms that do that to me. I try every week or 2 again with some sort of poultry. the funny thing is, someone told me to try soy "chicken" it did the same thing. Been like that since pureed stage at 2 weeks out.. Today is 11 weeks out. I can eat just about everything else.

Wow I'm so sorry u r having so much trouble!! So how do u get all your Protein in??

I hope you feel better soon, Angie. A few weeks ago, I had a similar experience with seared tuna. It was awful! I actually moaned for hours until I puked twice. I had seared tuna before with no problem. It was the first time I regretted surgery since day 2. I almost feel guilty that I have had a fairly smooth recovery. I've settled into routines that seem to be working. There was a scheduling mixup and I had my 3 month follow- up at 2 months. The PA and Nut said it was no big deal, so I've already had my 3 month labs. As expected, Iron was low so I've stared taking Iron at night. Protein was also low, so even though I was getting at least 60g per day, I was told to add more. I was also told to start adding more variety and more quantity 1/2-3/4 c per meal. The best news is So far 60lbs (30 pre-op, 30 post-op) are gone forever! I hope we get some more Oct updates. How are you handling the holiday parties and food festivities? Molly

Dang 60?? Great job Molly!!! It's so hard to get the Protein and fluids in don't u think?!!! And I agree with the other gal who said it's hard to do when u r so busy at work! I'm constantly busy so I forget to drink sometimes! Holidays aren't too bad. I prob had more cheese than I should have at thanksgiving and I had a few glasses of wine so I did cheat. But I didn't eat dinner that night. We will see how Christmas goes! On Christmas at my boyfriends family we do appetizers and it's my fav so I might struggle with that. :( I don't miss soda but I miss fast food, potatoes, Bagels, rice. It's gonna be a long life lol!!

But I have had a lot of NSV's so I know this will all be worth it. So how are u gonna increase your protein?? They want us to have lots of fruits and veggies but they have no protein! So today I had veggies for lunch and dinner but then I only got 59 grams of protein in. And I even had a shake. Ugh

I am almost 7 weeks out and I have lost a total of 46 pounds since I started my pre op diet. I don't have any real food problems except artificial sweeteners turn my stomach. Super sweet things make me feel sick to my stomach too but I am fine with that since I am trying to avoid all those things. I try and get at least 30 minutes of walking in a day and it is so nice to not sweat to death doing so lol. I was talking to a friend and I felt like 46 pounds wasn't enough and he told me I lost a 5th grader haha that really made me feel better. Pre preop diet weight 376 SW 356 CW 330 Total inches lost 9.75

Omg I don't miss sweating at all!!!!! I'm actually cold all the time now as have to wear long sleeves under my scrubs lol! I like how your friend put that...congrats on losing a 5th grader lmao!!! :)

Hi all....I appreciate you all checking in! I will post mine. My surgery date was 10/21- I am down 46lbs. However- I have been at this weight for about 3 weeks now, in fact I gained a couple of pounds in that time. I honestly don't know how that happened. I have been terrible about both my Protein and my Water, and perhaps that is why I haven't been losing. The last couple of days I have been trying to do better in those areas.

I can eat pretty much anything- the only thing I have found that was awful is Indian food and popcorn. I haven't tried any sugary sweets or anything yet...which is a good thing. I have found that I LOVE the Baja salads at Wendy's lol. Its funny because I can eat quite a bit more than in the beginning- I can probably eat 1/2 cup of Soup now. Solid meat- much less. I am trying not to be discouraged about the stall, and I think if I keep with the program I will continue to lose.

Hello all it's been a while since I have posted. I hope everyone is doing OK. I have lost a total of 45 lbs since my surgery in October.. but I have been having slot of problems since. I had to go back to surgery 3 weeks post op to take out the stitches that was in my left side. Now 3 weeks from that I am having more trouble. My liver enzymes are high, I have a hematoma and a tissue hurina (sorry for the spelling). I am glad I am losing but dang this other crap can go away.

Wow I'm so sorry u r having so much trouble!! So how do u get all your Protein in??

I can eat beef and pork. Ham and bacon especially. I have become the master at making dinners with ground beef and ham :)

If i remember to make it the night before, i will have nectar fuzzy navel drinks.

I just cant eat chicken or turkey at all.

Almost into the 230s. That will be so exciting. I think I was last in the 230s in Jr. High School. Also, had my first Cross Fit workout this morning. I have muscles hurting that I didn't know I had.