Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG October 2013 Post-ops

Waking up in the hospital today after surgery yesterday. All is going well. Definitely some pain and my neck is stiff. Wasn't able to sleep more than and hour or two at a time but all and all it went well.

Good morning ladies! Surgery was yesterday, went perfectly, RNY and cholecystectomy. I walked twice yesterday, passed the blue ice test an pain was minimal after the first two hours. I'm on a morphine pump and getting Tylenol 3 via IV every 4-6 hours. I have found the Tylenol help snore than the morphine. Day 2 and feeling amazing!!! Glad to be on losers bench with you all.

My hospital is amazing and the nursing staff is super responsive and attentive, this could not be going any better!

For all of you in the hospital, hang in there! For me, I didn't get any rest until I was back at home and missed my husband helping me out. Good luck and hope you are all feeling better quickly.

Had my RNY at around 10 am on Monday and was up walking by 6. I got up every few hours to walk. I came home yesterday and have continued to get up and walk every few hours. The more I walk the better I seem to feel. I had other patients tell me how much walking helped and it really does. Though I have a steady amount of discomfort I have not had to much pain. I think that walking has played a big part in it. I also notice that every time I walk I start to release those gas bubbles. I hope everyone else starts to feel better soon.

Ok ladies. I need some suggestions on how to calm my nerves about this step. Surgery is on Monday. I'm not really worried about the surgery part ( have full faith in my dr) and am leaving the rest to god. What I am having a real problem w is life after. Healing, pain worries. Mourning food? Idk it is scaring the hell out of me. That's it. I'm scared shitless. Sorry for the curse word. Please help lol.

Ok ladies. I need some suggestions on how to calm my nerves about this step. Surgery is on Monday. I'm not really worried about the surgery part ( have full faith in my dr) and am leaving the rest to god. What I am having a real problem w is life after. Healing' date=' pain worries. Mourning food? Idk it is scaring the hell out of me. That's it. I'm scared shitless. Sorry for the curse word. Please help lol.[/quote']

I feel the same way!!! The after is more terrifying to me!!

Im 2 days post op, and the pain is nothing to joke about. I've had many surgeries including 2 c sections & this one takes the cake. It is very very painful. But it does get better with walking and passing gas. I dont feel hungry at all but I am forcing myself to take in the liquid diet I was told to follow. It gets better everyday.

Im 2 days post op' date=' and the pain is nothing to joke about. I've had many surgeries including 2 c sections & this one takes the cake. It is very very painful. But it does get better with walking and passing gas. I dont feel hungry at all but I am forcing myself to take in the liquid diet I was told to follow. It gets better everyday.[/quote']

I agree - I found it alot worse than my c-section too. I actually woke up from anesthesia crying out in pain. Im 5 days out from surgery and feel so much better physically. I don't feel the need for any pain relief at all now.

For the ladies that are nervous about "life after "....this is a huge step for you. You are beginning a new journey and it's normal to be unsure. You may be in pain...it's treatable. You may have days you mourn your old favorite food, but you will not mourn the shedding of the weight that has held you back for so long. Celebrate your courage and know you are beautiful. God bless and good luck!.......Katie

For the ladies that are nervous about "life after "....this is a huge step for you. You are beginning a new journey and it's normal to be unsure. You may be in pain...it's treatable. You may have days you mourn your old favorite food' date=' but you will not mourn the shedding of the weight that has held you back for so long. Celebrate your courage and know you are beautiful. God bless and good luck!.......Katie[/quote']

Thank you for your kind words Katie. I needed that.

What's feeling terrible? Can you elaborate? Also, I gained 6 lbs in surgery and recovery (all of the fluids they push through you) but lost it plus ten in a week.

I was having a really hard time controlling the pain. My doc said it was because I also had my ovaries removed, and they did some exploratory down around them with a ton of scar tissue. Today, I actually think I might live. :)

Just to add a different story, I've been very lucky and sailed through my surgery and two weeks post-op so far. I hope it continues the same way. I had very little pain and no meds since the day after I came home. A but of wind but nothing Gas-X couldn't help with :-). I was sleeping on my side on about night 6, took one week off and have been back at work this week with no problems. My nurse said some people just breeze it :-) So don't worry. For me, it was nowhere near as bad as I'd been expecting and I had a band removed at the same time.

Thank you for your kind words Katie. I needed that.

You're very welcome :)

I was post of by 4 pm on Monday, October 21st. Not sure where to,go from there. I still have so much Fluid from surgery. So that's real disappointing. Otherwise, every drink is painful. Every one!