Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG October 2013 Post-ops

I am 2 weeks out and feeling ok. I don't think I am losing like I should. Idk ....starting to feel down became of it. What can I do....help. well to make matters worse I have come down with a severe cold. I am just miserable at this point. My first Dr appt is this Wednesday I hope att goes well....

I am 2 weeks out and feeling ok. I don't think I am losing like I should. Idk ....starting to feel down became of it. What can I do....help. well to make matters worse I have come down with a severe cold. I am just miserable at this point. My first Dr appt is this Wednesday I hope att goes well....

I'm also two weeks out! At this stage you're probably on liquids. Relax. People lose at different rates. N Tylenol has liquid cold meds. I think they even have a severe child one. A little tip tho. Drink it slow. I know it tastes gross (I use liquid Tylenol extra strength for headaches) n it burns the crap outa my stomach if I drink it fast.

I got my drained pulled out today. Very happy about that. I can breathe better. The drain didn't hurt coming out just felt weird having something pulled out of my body. It will still be awhile before the soreness is gone due to the hernia. They said it was pretty big. Hope everyone is else is doing good.

Just take it easy, having a cold on top of having surgery is a lot.. Don't focus on the scale right now.. I lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks, and I haven't lost a pound in 5 days.. My aunt had the surgery a week after me and only lost 8 pounds in two weeks.. Everyone is different.. Try not to compare yourself, and just wait a week until you check again.. and feel better!

Im about 10 minutes from being wheeled into theatre.....so I'm soon gonna officially be a post-op!! excited!

Hope you are doing okay! Hang in there! It gets so much better after the hospital - especially about a week out.

I got my drained pulled out today. Very happy about that. I can breathe better. The drain didn't hurt coming out just felt weird having something pulled out of my body. It will still be awhile before the soreness is gone due to the hernia. They said it was pretty big. Hope everyone is else is doing good.

I got my drain out today too! I'm so glad it's gone. Hope your soreness goes away soon.

Hello all, i got my surgery on Oct 9th, I am doing great, other than some pain when I get in or out of bed I am feeling great. I had some Constipation issues but now I am trying to avoid what can make me constipated. According to my scale i have lost 15 pounds already... I have my post op appt. On Wednesday 24th. Wish me luck.

Everyone out there, what would you say the typical time on hospital is. I have been advised of 5 days.

I got mine on wednesday 9th at 9 am and got discharged on Friday afternoon. I dont know but 5 days seems to be a lot to me

Thanks Sandy! I hope it is 2 nights for me too!

Everyone out there' date=' what would you say the typical time on hospital is. I have been advised of 5 days.[/quote']

I went in @ 10 am Oct 10 and was discharged on the 11th late that afternoon.

I went in @ 10 am Oct 10 and was discharged on the 11th late that afternoon.

Geez, there is hope! My surgeon is very particular and think he is being cautious.

Geez' date=' there is hope! My surgeon is very particular and think he is being cautious.[/quote']

I probably could have stayed another day if needed but I was doing good and was ready to just be at home.

I probably could have stayed another day if needed but I was doing good and was ready to just be at home.

Goof for you pumpkin They had me stay one more day because I wasnt eating anything and didnt had a BM. How are you doing? I go very constipated and I am scare to eat now... tomorrow will be 2 weeks but I am not sure if I am eating right since I am doing Protein shakes (2) i put more powder and less Water so I can have down easily. chicken broth, mashed potatoes and or carrots, i eat pureed Beans and I tried pureed eggs too. I dont have any nausea or stomach pain, I eat very slow and very little portions.

Goof for you pumpkin They had me stay one more day because I wasnt eating anything and didnt had a BM. How are you doing? I go very constipated and I am scare to eat now... tomorrow will be 2 weeks but I am not sure if I am eating right since I am doing Protein shakes (2) i put more powder and less Water so I can have down easily. chicken broth' date=' mashed potatoes and or carrots, i eat pureed Beans and I tried pureed eggs too. I dont have any nausea or stomach pain, I eat very slow and very little portions.[/quote']

I'm ok. Still dealing with a lil pain. I am having trouble with Protein. I had an issue last week with a Protein shake made with fat free milk. I guess my system wasn't ready yet. I was put back on Clear liquids for another week. I did have a BM (several times). The dr office had to drink some citrate stuff. I will be glad when I can have pureed food so I can have some energy. I ate some applesauce today & so far it was been good to me. Hopefully I'm getting back on track.