Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Does anyone know about how much Dr.Machado charges for the whole lapband surgery? My insurance pays 70% so im trying to figure out how much i am looking at. Thank you!!!

Just saying hello from another Sacramentan, if you would like to know more about me, check out my post in Introductions, titled losing 400 lbs

Wow, it's been awhile since i have posted to this group. It has grown so much.

I never did have the Lap Band, but i have a good friend who may have this done. I'm still thinking about this, I work at UCD Med Center and i have Health Net HMO. My primary Dr does not believe in having ANY WLS, so if i did have this i would have to 1st find a new Dr to refer me.

Just recently i had a good friend die of Gastric Bypass, she left behind 6 kids and a 3rd husband. She was only 38yrs.

I too am interested in the Sacramento Lap Band group.

Nicole

Hi all... I am from Sac and in preparation to be banded in South San Francisco in the next 2-3 months at Kaiser. I look forward to chatting with people from my area that are in similar situations.

I am from Penryn, 25 east of Sacramento. I'm in the process of going through the program that Kaiser has. I, too, will be going to South San Francisco for the proceedure. I probably won't get the band until December. My bariactric director said that they are about 3 months out after you meet with the surgeon. They are very frustrated because they can't get enough OR time. But they seem pretty pro lap band.

I am from Penryn, 25 east of Sacramento. I'm in the process of going through the program that Kaiser has. I, too, will be going to South San Francisco for the proceedure. I probably won't get the band until December. My bariactric director said that they are about 3 months out after you meet with the surgeon. They are very frustrated because they can't get enough OR time. But they seem pretty pro lap band.

Where do you go for your meetings...currently I am taking them in Sacramento but I went to much of them in SSF. I saw the surgeon origionally on March 23rd this year. He told me to come back when I get within 10-15 lbs of 360 lbs. Right now I am 391 so I have 16 lbs to go but since they are scheduling so far in advance I scheduled mine a couple of weeks ago, they had me scheduled on Sept. 27th but I found a cancellation for Sept. 4th so I took it in hopes to be more motivated to lose the last 16 lbs before I see him. Who do you have? I have Dr.Alami in SSF. I like him a lot but we will see how much I still like him on Sept. 4th haha!

I haven't started my meetings up here yet. I go to my lifestyles class this Friday so I will start them next month. I will be going to the ones here in Sacramento since I'm only about 25 minutes away from there. I also go to my psych evaluation on Friday. So hopefully they will get me my surgeon's appointment right after that. How long did you have to wait to find out when your surgeon's appointment was? Then, from what I hear it's 3 months after that for the actual surgery to happen. <Pout>

I don't have to loose any more weight because I have been really lucky with the pre-op meal plan fitting my current lifestyle. I've been on the run a lot and having the small meals has fit right in. I'm down 35 pounds and that's 9 over what I needed. I'm sure that you'll do fine with the extra motivation. I mean you have a great future staring you in the face. Skinny is doable! Everytime you start to do the wrong thing just remind yourself that it's only for a couple of weeks. And walk, walk, walk. You're walking for your gold ring. Ok, it's not gold but you get the picture. :car: You can also email me if you need someone to give you encouragement. I'm so happy for people who are finally getting the chance to unload the other person they've been carrying around for years. Girl the world is going to be ours!

Thank you soooo much.... I needed to hear that! I am not loosing as fast as I want to right now but I will take it. Well I will be at the meeting every 4th Saturday of the month at Point West so when you start going we can meet there. I think you will be put through really fast for the surgery. I am going to ask to be on the waiting list so I can try to get in if there are any cancellations. Hopefully I can have mine done by November/December. Have a great day! Talk to you later.

April

Hey 25 pounds is a good start. Don't knock it. I think that they will probably start me at the meetings in September. Hopefully, I'll get to have my appointment with the surgeon sometime in early September. It would be fantastic if they got it done next week but that's highly doubtful. Once I see him it will be the long wait without any word until they get me a date. So I figure sometime in October I'll get a call saying they have a date in late November or early December. Who knows. I hate those periods when you don't hear anything. That's when I get discouraged.

Ok I went to my monthly pre-op class and I am sooo dissappointed! I only lost 4 lbs this month. I am down to 387 lbs. I need to lose at least 7 more lbs within 10 days. Otherwise I won't be where I need to be when I have my follow up with my surgeon. I am so stressed out I don't know what to do...Any suggesstions????

I live in sacramento and will be having this done by Doctor Patching in sacramento, as anyone had this surgery by him? I have heard wonderful things about him and like to know. i have not meet him yet I just got approval with the insurance my appt is 09/20/07

I would love to join your group! I am being banded in Mexico on Monday and really need some support. Please email me: dmcalhoun27@yahoo.com

Thanks!

dana

Dana congrats on the surgery... I hope all went well for you. I hope you check back in soon.