Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Not yet...ACTUALLY!!! I just got the phone call this morning and they scheduled me for NOVEMBER 7th!!!! How exciting! I have been all out of sorts since I found out. I was still under the thought that it would be in December, that was the last I heard at least.

Well needless to say I am exstatic about it and now I have to bust my butt to lose 10 lbs or so before then since I think I gained 5 being all stressed out the last 2 weeks.

Congratulations! From what I have heard they are so backed up that those of us who went to orientation in June won't be banded until February or March. You'll do great! I'm so excited for you!

Congrats! You'll love the band. I am almost two months post op now, and have not had a fill. I can feel like I need one, but this thing still works for me even without the fill! I would do it again in a second!

Thanks... I just went to my Pre-Op Class in South San Fran yesterday...man it was terrible weather to be driving out there in. Oh well I made it safely that's all that counts! I have to go back there on November 1st to meet with the anestesioligist and the surgeon for the final time before surgery day on the 7th. They also recommended that we go out there and stay the night before in a Hotel since we will not get the admitting time until after 1 pm the day before surgery. And seeing as how the only admitting times are 6:30, 8:30, and 10:00 am I will want to be there ahead of time anyway. This way I won't have to leave Sac at 3:30 in the morning...haha!

Well, it sounds like you're on your way. It must be getting pretty exciting.

I met with Dr. Le today (surgeon) and I'm now officially on the list for surgery. I'm pretty happy about that. I told him that I am required to take a week off at Christmas time and if they could find any way to get the surgery done then that I would be really grateful. So they put that on a note next to my name on the list but made sure to tell me they were making no promises. Worst case senerio is late February. At least I got that much.

I have to go to one of the classes that we must attend after meeting with the surgeon in November in SSF. I couldn't make the one up here on the 27th but Dr. Stiles said that that was ok.

It took us 3 hours to get there today and I arrived 8 minutes before my appointment. I was sure sweating it.

I asked him how strict they were about weight and he gave me this really funny look because I have lost so much. I had to explain to him that some of the women are concerned about that time of the month (LOL) which was not the truth. Some of the people I have been talking to are having a hard time with the weight loss and they asked me to ask. He said that they have 250 per WEEK joining and that they are not going to give surgery to those who don't want to follow the plan. He did say that they wouldn't worry about 5 pounds or so that women might gain but that they must show that they are following the program. In other words, they are going to be strict.

He assured me that we cannot loose too much weight because they go by our start weights as to whether or not we qualify for the program. So, I'll just keep going.

Glad to hear you're on your way. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

Well, it sounds like you're on your way. It must be getting pretty exciting.

I met with Dr. Le today (surgeon) and I'm now officially on the list for surgery. I'm pretty happy about that. I told him that I am required to take a week off at Christmas time and if they could find any way to get the surgery done then that I would be really grateful. So they put that on a note next to my name on the list but made sure to tell me they were making no promises. Worst case senerio is late February. At least I got that much.

I have to go to one of the classes that we must attend after meeting with the surgeon in November in SSF. I couldn't make the one up here on the 27th but Dr. Stiles said that that was ok.

It took us 3 hours to get there today and I arrived 8 minutes before my appointment. I was sure sweating it.

I asked him how strict they were about weight and he gave me this really funny look because I have lost so much. I had to explain to him that some of the women are concerned about that time of the month (LOL) which was not the truth. Some of the people I have been talking to are having a hard time with the weight loss and they asked me to ask. He said that they have 250 per WEEK joining and that they are not going to give surgery to those who don't want to follow the plan. He did say that they wouldn't worry about 5 pounds or so that women might gain but that they must show that they are following the program. In other words, they are going to be strict.

He assured me that we cannot loose too much weight because they go by our start weights as to whether or not we qualify for the program. So, I'll just keep going.

Glad to hear you're on your way. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

I don't think that was very nice what you did to the women that asked you to ask the doctor about their periods & weight gain. You went and told the doctor the real reason was because they were having trouble with weight loss. That SUCKS what you did... those woman trusted you and you also ruined it for others.

You know what THANKS ALOT.... I just came home from S.F to Sacramento very upset because Dr. Le whom I had an appt with just denied my surgery. I lost 21 lb but at my appt today I was up about 6lb and I told him it was from my period (WHICH WAS THE TRUTH) and he went and told me that he hears that all day long.... like I was some kind of LIAR... well now I know why, when people like you go in and make it harder for the rest of us by telling him that some woman were not losing weight and blaming their periods....

I have taken all the required classes, I never missed or rescheduled. I reached the goal weight set by Dr. Stiles.... only to have that Jerk(DR. Le)... treat me like I was a liar.

Some of us have bent over backwards to make all the scheduled appt's, driving back and forth from Sac to S.F and doing everything to a T... only to get denied.

I am so upset.... especially since the last time I saw Dr. Stiles... she said I would probably have my surgery before the New Year.... I am also SICK of having to drive to S.F. it is quite ridiculous that they have hundreds and hundreds of Sac, Yuba, Folsom, and surrounding area patients that are having to drive hundreds of miles to do this.... how wonderful it is for the enviroment as well as being horrrrrible for the patients driving all that way.... only for KAISER to save a buck!!! When this is all over I am going to write a NASTY letter to Kaiser and demand gas money, bridge money and other expenses for having to drive to S.F. Maybe then will they get a surgery team here in Sac or Roseville!!!!

Sorry RANT over.... it has been a CRAPPY night!

I am so sorry that you were told by him that you couldn't be scheduled for surgery. I know that would have been the point of melting for me. I have had my share of emotional wrecks through this and yes they should know that we are putting our hearts and souls as well as a lot of time and money into this. I had to take the whole day off of work to drive from Rocklin to SSF for a half hour appt. I totally agree that they need to get this stuff happening up here.

As for what I asked, I was requested by another woman to ask how strick they were going to be as far as weight goes. She too is going to see Dr. Le and is having trouble loosing the weight required. Having lost more than the required weight put me in a position of trying to ask without making him suspicious. So in trying to get the information for someone who asked me to, I decided to find out if they would cancel someone's appt for that time of the month. I mean when I even broched the subject I got a really funny look because I have lost twice their required weight loss. The look said "What do you plan on gaining a bunch back?" Having opened the subject I HAD to go somewhere. His response was that they have people banging down the doors and they don't have to give surgery to people who don't want to follow the program. He also said that they would NOT stop surgery because of Water weight gain for that time of the month. He said "we're not concerned with 5 pounds."

I am sorry that he told me one thing and then denied you because of that reason. I truly don't think my question caused that and I would do it again because someone who was having trouble loosing the weight asked me too. If it were me, I would call and ask him (or email) if I could prove it was my time of the month Water weight gain by weighing in at the class on the 27th would he schedule me? By the way, they are scheduling for late February.

Again, I am so sorry that you got denied but I didn't break anyone's trust. I only did what was requested of me.

My problem is why did you tell him the truth about the ladies. Why did you not just say that you were worried about Water weight gain yourself..... or say that the ladies were worried about Water weight....not that the women were worried about not losing or having a difficult time losing.... that just makes it harder on the rest of us... I am lucky I have lots of support at home but some others might not be as fortunate as you and the weight might be coming off very slowly. Some women that have diabetes or other health issues might be having a difficult time.... BUT it just sucks for me.... to walk in with my period being 6lb heavier and when I told him I had my period he gave me a weird look and after reading your post.... it clicked.

Has anyone ever had experience with the other surgeons at SSF and what are they like.... My experience with DR. Le was not good, he was rude, rushed and a bit unprofessional. Please post your thought if you have seen any of the other SSF surgeons. Thanks!

Ok. I didn't ask about me because if I have lost 55 pounds and therefore they are not worried about me. If I came in with a 5 pound gain they would be workable. I also have had a hystorectomy and gone through menopause (all of this is in my chart) and don't have that problem anymore.

I asked that way because I have a daughter and friends who are going through this program and I would never want to throw any red flags for them.

I did re-read my post and I didn't tell him that it was not the truth. I meant that comment in the post to be a note to you guys that I was not using the real reason. I never told him that women were saying that and it was not the truth. I merely asked him if someone had a weight gain because of their time of month would they be delayed in getting their surgery. That was not the real reason for why I was asked to ask the question. That's what "which was not the truth" meant.

I understand you are VERY upset about being told you would be delayed in getting your surgery. HELLO...WE ALL ARE. We were all told that it would be before the end of the year when we started this in spring or early summer. We all have had the disappointment that we will now have more than a four month wait until surgery AFTER the surgeon clears us. We are ALL frustrated with this system. The alternative is to self-pay or not get the surgery. I too have been delayed and delayed due to psychs cancelling their appointments due to jury duty. My surgeon's appointment was scheduled 6 weeks out because of that something that was not my fault. I too have followed the program to a T.

BUT - you are delayed NOT denied! I also understand your frustration about having to go to SSF. I traveled from 25 miles east of Sacramento yesterday through all of that traffic. I also lost a full day's work/sick leave for a half hour appointment. I feel like you're looking for someone to take your frustrations out on and I landed in front of you. I was merely trying to pass on information to other people that are going through the program. Trust me I understand your pain. Been there done that. BUT I went to the people who caused it and didn't look for someone on a message board to kick. I didn't create your problem. It's funny that I cut/copied the post I put on this board to the person who asked me to ask and she said thank you.

Maybe should make it clear in the first place that you did not tell the doctor what you posted. In your post it looks like you told the doctor the real reason for the question was that woman were having a difficult time losing weight not due to periods.

I was not taking anything out on you. I was trying to defend the woman that it looked like you betrayed and future women with menstrual issues.

AND DR. Le is lying to you that they don't cancel surgery due to Water gain.... I was only up 6lb's and I am a very tall girl so that is not that bad for a period.

AND another thing.... no NOT everyone has it the same... some have it much harder than you and me. I have a friend that has went in 2 times reaching GOAL weight, only to be told to lose more weight.... that is very unfair!

Please don't have attitude with me because you made a mistake in how you worded your post!

I am also mentioning the drive to S.F not for your benefit but for everyone on here that has to drive that.... maybe if there are enough of us that complain something would be done.... Kaiser acts like they are doing us a favor.... SORRY but Kaiser makes quite a bit of money off all of us with premiums, co-pays and such.... WE PAY for this service and they should not being calling this ELECTIVE... they are using that term so they can cut a bunch of people out of the program to save MONEY!

I appologize for my lack of ability to word things so that there are no misunderstandings.

I will no longer give opinions or information so that I will not make this mistake again. People can rely on you.

By the way...that's attitude.