Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Love u 2 needs to mellow out. It is pretty messed up though that Vicki J did say that to the doc. I went in later in the day to see Dr. Lee and he seemed irritated. He has no bedside manner with patients. He seems normal but just very rushed and when he went to look at my stomach he made a comment that I thought was very rude--like whoooaaa, yeah you carry all your fat in your stomach --don't you? I thought this was very weird, rude, and hurtful. But back to the period thing. That was so wrong of you to do Vicki J. Let those people ask themselves. Dr. Le might have thought you were talking to woman in the waiting area and that's who you were implying confessed didn't lose their weight and they were going to try to get by saying it was that time of the month. YOU SUCK! Every single person after you might have been refused because you made that sneaky comment. I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE! I read your comment last night and went to bed very upset thinking about it. Only to see someone else felt like i did. I'm thinking was it possible your comment maybe stuck with Dr. Le? And great you lost weight, and had a hysterectomy--YOU HAVE NO PERIOD WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT! That is probably why he looked at you funny.

Oh, i sorry love u2--it sucks that we didn't get in but don't give up--just do exactly what they say and you will get thru. One idiots comment is not going to stop them from doing your surgery.

So KEEP GOING--

Be positive and don't sabotage other people to get ahead--do what you are suppose to and they will take you. Good luck --got to go my walking buddy is here with her dog. Now I can talk to her about not getting scheduled--chat later.

Love u 2 needs to mellow out. It is pretty messed up though that Vicki J did say that to the doc. I went in later in the day to see Dr. Lee and he seemed irritated. He has no bedside manner with patients. He seems normal but just very rushed and when he went to look at my stomach he made a comment that I thought was very rude--like whoooaaa, yeah you carry all your fat in your stomach --don't you? I thought this was very weird, rude, and hurtful. But back to the period thing. That was so wrong of you to do Vicki J. Let those people ask themselves. Dr. Le might have thought you were talking to woman in the waiting area and that's who you were implying confessed didn't lose their weight and they were going to try to get by saying it was that time of the month. YOU SUCK! Every single person after you might have been refused because you made that sneaky comment. I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE! I read your comment last night and went to bed very upset thinking about it. Only to see someone else felt like i did. I'm thinking was it possible your comment maybe stuck with Dr. Le? And great you lost weight, and had a hysterectomy--YOU HAVE NO PERIOD WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT! That is probably why he looked at you funny.

Yeah I am mellow now.... I figure I will just go in after my period to prove I was not lying!

How strange we have all had appointments the same day.... they must just cram everyone a ton of people on the same day(no pun intended on the ton).

What made you come to this site rotbaby.... I will tell you why I did... I was upset last night and could not sleep so I started looking for info on lap band and if anyone had experience with Kaiser and I found this site. It is actually the best site I have ever found on Lapband.

April if you are scheduled for November do you think you will find it difficult to stay within your weight range--or are you so motivated now that it is easy to stay focused and keep to healthier eating?

Quick reply and I have to go--I just punched in lapband forums on yahoo search and this was one of the first ones that came up--then it said under cali --anyone from sac? most are usually southern cal or San Diego people chatting--oh well--yeah, I'll be on tonite --chat later. bye

I am a little worried about the holidays and all the functions with food.... Parties...family, friends, work and such. Everywhere you turn food, food, food!

I wasn't going to reply BUT if you re-read my posts I admitted I worded my POST wrong. It seems that letting it go is not just MY problem.

For the record, I could have been asking for my daughter.

Sorry if I did someone a favor and if my post brought you two distress. BUT - I'M NOT THE ONE THAT CREATED HIS ATTITUDE OR YOUR PROBLEMS.

I have a rottweiler:dog:. Ahhh, that was a hard walk up and down hills...i feel like i sweated ten pounds off. I was telling my walking partner about everything going on with this experience and she motivated me again. Just keep going.... you may get far enough a long losing weight that you won't need the surgery. I have never had trouble with my weight until I suffered a back injury so if I can continue after losing the weight I may not need the surgery. How much weight did Dr. Le say you have to lose? I'm kind of getting a feel of myself--if I can get through the holidays without a real pull toward cheating then I know I don't need the surgery. I guess i have it ingrained in my head about being weak. I just feel like I'm taking the lazy way out instead of being in control of my mind and body. I mean, let's face it --I'm the one that got this way so I'm the one who can get me out. Once I lose the rest of the weight I'm going to talk to Dr. Le about it. Oh, just ignore that "V" lady:eek:--she's a nut going on and on:crazy: --she knows what she said :speechleswas evil, she didn't miswrite anything--she went in their knowing if the doctor was going to choose anyone to move forward it was going to be with her so she made sure by screwing everyone else in the waiting area and just happening to innocently mention what she did. There was nothing innocent about it. But let us move on. Where are you in Sacramento Love? Maybe we can walk? Or meet up for a Decaf COFFEE--LOL. Remember no regular. Are you going to the meeting on the 27th? You should go they are very motivating!!! And you can ask questions about the lap band. I want to ask how many people have lost the weight themselves and not gone thru with the surgery? Anyway, got homework to do. I'll check back tomorrow afternoon to see if you're on.:clap2::mad:

It looks like I missed a lot of action today! I hate when there is tension we all are in a similar situation and we should be working together to get where we need to be.:biggrin1: I hope over time we can all look back on this and laugh!

So on to a new subject... How is everyone doing this evening, great I hope! I am doing good! Besides all my back pain of course. It has gotten worse over the last few days since I stopped taking the 800mg Motrin. I have to stop it before surgery but they said I can still take my Morphine and Percocet for pain. The problem is that the Motrin helps with the arthritis pain in my back and the pain pills only work on the sciatica pain. :mad:

I am doing ok with my weight loss and I am going to do everything I can to maintain if not lose some more weight before surgery. My surgeon is Dr.Alami and I really like him. He has been awesome never rushes me or anything. He was really busy when I saw him last month but he spent 35 minuts with me still, he did take a couple of calls while he was in there but he was very attentive! I hope all works out for the better for all of you on here. If you have any questions let me know... my surgery is scheduled for November 7th and things seem to be moving right along pretty fast. :clap2::bounce::whoo:

I wonder if they would let me choose another surgeon. Dr. Le just rubs me the wrong way. I feel that he should not be rushing the appt... after all I did drive a couple of hours to see him. He did take a call while in the appt but that is okay, I understand that. I just don't understand the rudeness and attitude like I was bothering him. He was also not at all supportive, his focus was on the few pounds gained and not the over-all weight loss.... after all it was no cake walk losing all that weight.... to focus on a small increase.

Apple, I wish you the best on your Nov surgery..... I am curious when did you have your orientation?

Do you really want to know???? I have a had a looonng journey... I had orientation on November 14th 2006 and I am having surgery November 7th...almost ONE YEAR later!!! :Banane20:

I was soooo discouraged so many times and it took me all that time, up and down, to lose any weight. My starting weight on Nov 14th was 416 lbs., in January I was 406 or so. Then in March I was 402 then I shot back up in April :eek:then since May it has been decreasing each time I weigh in but very slowly. I have struggled tremendously with the diet but I am have been on a pretty steady streak since July.

Dr. Stiles originally told me (In January) to shoot for 350-360 lbs and I thought she was crazy!!! :)

Dr. Alami kind of agreed with her but decided to wait and see how I was losing. He told me to come back to see him when I get closer to my goal. After I lost 30+ lbs :clap2: I scheduled an appt. to see him and he I guess decided I have lost enough and that it wasn't going to change my stomach too much more prior to surgery to lose anymore weight. So last month when he saw me he told me I have lost enough (I was at 386 at that time) and he said to maintain and try to lose some more and that is when he put me on the list to approve surgery.

Needless to say I have done it ...5 more lbs gone woo hew!!! :whoo:

I am going to try and lose 5 more by the surgery...we'll see?!?!

Just keep your head up! I have been on this journey and NEVER thought I would see the end and here I am, so...

If I CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU ALL CAN!!!

Here's a big hug for encouragement...:mad:

April

Hi there. I'm Dana. New to this Thread. Who is Dr. Lee? I haven't heard of him/her. I was banded in TJ, Mexico by Dr. Juan Lopez-Corvala. Love my doc, but so far away. I am in need of a fill (I'm about 7 weeks post op), and just made an appointment to see Dr. Lopez in Mexico for Oct 30th. I have had a hell of a time finding a doctor in the Sacramento area. I live in Cameron Park and am willing to drive to Sacramento, Roseville, South Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Yuba City, Modesto, etc. The doctors I have researched either charge $1200 for the first visit or they aren't taking pt's right now. I was desperate enough to make the apt for Mexico. So, the day b4 Halloween, I will be driving to Mexico. A good 7 hour drive. I would love to find a doc up here to fill me up, but have had no success. If somebody could please tell me who this Dr. Lee is, I'd be greatful. Or any other names in the NorCal region. Thanks a bunch!

PS - To the girl who finally got her Surgery Date on Nov 7th... Congratulations!

Dana

GOOD FOR YOU APPLE!!!! That is work and you did it... BE PROUD!!!

Dana, Dr. Le is part of Kaiser.

Dana, have you checked if Kaiser is willing to do fills for non-members?

To bad you could not get Kaiser insurance.... than they would have to give you fills.

I believe I have seen some other posts about fills... in the search box at the top of the forum... you should maybe search for fills or Sacramento fills.... I wish you the best of luck in your search and I hope that Kaiser fills non-members that way you don't have to drive to Mexico.