Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Guest zsflower

I'm from the Sacramento area. We have a group here that meets once a month and you're welcome to join us. Send me an email and I'll give you all the details. Most of us had our surgery in Mexico, but we've had a few banded in the US. One of our "regulars" was banded in Sacto.

I was banded in Sacramento, by Dr. Bruce Wolfe at UCD Medical Center, December 10, 2002. He is no longer at UCD, he left this month, either retired or moved to another hospital in private practice, I have heard both versions. Were you banded in Sacramento, or are you planning to be?

Mary in Sacramento

12/10/02

262/222/170

We will be visiting our son in October in Sacramento (I lived there many many years ago), and would like to know when and where the support group is...

Thanks

Dee

Guest seaotter

Hi, I'm from Sacramento area. I would love to join a support group, post info time, local. I am going to be banded in Sept. 23 by Dr. Rumbout, so I need alot of positive people around me. Thanks

Hi Seaotter and Dee:

Our group is organized under Sacramento Bandsters @ Yahoogroups.com. You might want to join to get information about when and where we meet, as it varies from month to month. We meet once a month, usually on a Sunday afternoon, sometimes on a Saturday, the place varies. We welcome any new members!

Mary

Hi All,

My apologies... I really don't know how to post to this site. I was trying to post a response to this thread and ended up creating yet ANOTHER thread on Sacramento. I recently posted a message about other pre-banders and banders in the Sacramento area... unfortunately I didn't see this posting before I created mine! -- Sorry

I tried to check out the Yahoo group: Sacramento Bandsters @ Yahoogroups.com... But I couldn't locate it. Is it still active? If you still have monthly meetings, how can I find out more?

I recently attended an informational seminar for Sacramento Bariatric Medical Association and Dr. Bruce Wolf is now working there and still doing Obesity research at UC Davis. He was not very positive about the Lap-Band. When I asked him how many Lap-Band procedures he has done, he said about 50 and then went on to say how he doesn't really feel that it is very effective and it works for some, but not for others, blah, blah, blah. I kind of tuned him out because he wasn't present for the beginning of the session and the other doctor (Machado) who is the director at this facility was very positive when she presented Lap-Band as one of the options.

I met with my primary care doctor today and he is putting in the referral to have me seen by Sac Bariatric... said it might take 3-4 weeks. I have Cigna HMO and am a bit scared that they will not cover the surgery. I have a current BMI of 41.3, but no real co-morbidities except some joint pain and back pain. We will see... I am determined to get the Lap-Band and will go to Mexico if I have to.

Thanks,

Anne

:D

Guest Lynette Bailey

Hi,

I live here in Sacramento, my name is Lynette and I was banded by Dr. Kuri on Dec 14, 2004. I would love to join the support meetings. Please send info on where and when the meetings are and how to join.

Thanks,

Lynette

I was just recently banded on February 9, 2005 by Dr. Waldrep. The procedure was done at Sutter Roseville. Their practice (Dr. Waldrep and Dr. Lublin) are still fairly new at placing bands. Dr. Lublin feels very strongly against the band and tried to get me to switch procedures. Healthnet HMO covered the entire process. I just paid my co-payments.

Mercy

Guest lmfranco

I just joined this group. I was banded in Mexico in October 2004 and noted on this thread that there is a Sacramento Bandsters group. I can't find it when I did a search on yahoo. Is it still active? Thanks.

Guest Jenn

Hi! I'm from Sacto. Which doctor did you choose?

I was banded by Dr. Waldrep in Roseville on 2/9/05. Here is the link to the Yahoo Sacramento bandsters group:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SactoLapBanders/

Dr. Cirangle, from Lap SF has opened an office in Sacramento. They have been offering a monthly support meeting. Whether it's strictly lap band, I don't know, I haven't been yet. The next meeting is Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 7pm, located at the Sutter Cancer Center, 7th floor, at 29th and L Streets in Sacramento. Here is the information for their Northern California support groups:

http://www.lapsf.com/seminars-support-groups.php

Mercy

2/9/05

431/408/400/200

Guest traceyll

I'm new to this site, but saw the Sac thread. I am from Folsom and was banded on 1/10/05 by Dr. Laura Machado w/ Sacramento Bariatric. Dr. Bruce Wolfe is also with this practice. As Anne said, he's not a big advocate of the band, mostly b/c of the unknown and he's been doing bypass for YEARS! Dr Machado, on the other hand, is wonderful!! She's an advocate of getting healthy... band or bypass! I found her absolutely wonderful and would highly recommend her to anyone. The office staff is awesome too. I'd be happy to answer any questions on the practice.

Tracey

Banded 1/10/05

Guest lmfranco

Thanks for the Sac site. I was banded by Dr. Kuri in Tijuana. I called lapsf about a fill but they don't fill other doctors' patients anymore. All the same, I prefer to go back to TJ because as a self pay, the plane ticket usually costs less than the fee to a local doctor.

Guest lmfranco

I was banded by Dr. Kury in Tijuana. Thanks for the Sacramento site, I am going to check it out right now. I called lapsf about doing a fill but they don't do fills on other doctors' patient. I don't mind going to TJ though. The plane ticket costs less than the self pay price of a fill here.