Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think in getting better with my willpower. I have an enormous sweet tooth I literally could have lived off of birthday cake before surgery. But today I was walking around the store and saw the Voortmans sugar free Cookies. A whole rack of them. They were calling to me. I checked out the nutritional info and picked up the oatmeal cookies. I took two steps away from the rack and turned around and put them right back. I knew if I got them it would only lead to bad things. Same thing happen when I found hummus chips. They aren't as bad as the cookies and they actually have some Protein but I CANNOT have them. I am an addict but my willpower is stronger.

You Rock!!!! thanks for the post, its tough beating down old habits.

I carry a club to beat down my urges to cheat.... my "old" habits are big nasty hungry creatures.

I think in getting better with my willpower. I have an enormous sweet tooth I literally could have lived off of birthday cake before surgery. But today I was walking around the store and saw the Voortmans sugar free Cookies. A whole rack of them. They were calling to me. I checked out the nutritional info and picked up the oatmeal cookies. I took two steps away from the rack and turned around and put them right back. I knew if I got them it would only lead to bad things. Same thing happen when I found hummus chips. They aren't as bad as the cookies and they actually have some Protein but I CANNOT have them. I am an addict but my willpower is stronger.

Also i will miss Birthday Cake the most!

My bill was 65,000 if they billed my insurance! Crazy I had to pay cash because my insurance doesn't cover bariatric treatment of any kind. I still had to pay $17k. But it's totally worth it!

One last thought for this morning. some of you have posted you hate protien shakes because of the texture. i have found if you add a raw egg to the mix and blend it the egg gives the shake a smooth silky texture. kinda of like an egg cream ( this may be a north east coast thing ? ) but it does help! and it adds protien.

have a great day

RJ

I'm off for my morning walk, who's with me? :wub:

**managed 4.1 miles today! boy am I beat!**

Edited by LavndrMyst

My bill was 65,000 if they billed my insurance! Crazy I had to pay cash because my insurance doesn't cover bariatric treatment of any kind. I still had to pay $17k. But it's totally worth it!

It was the same for me. Insurance would not cover any weight loss surgery. They will pay for diabetes meds and knee replacement and 100 different other things caused by obesity. I had to pay 19,500 up front. Now I'm starting to get bills for pathology etc. I'm pissed! I was told it was $19,500 for EVERYTHING. I'm calling my doctor's office tomorrow to vent.

I have a big sweet tooth too ... But the sugar free fat free cheese cake Jello makes my days happier ones lol! It is really good and I make it with far free milk ! It's not bad at all for you ! :) eat it it's delicious lol

I know this is kinda gross but it gave me an idea for a shake. I brushed my teeth this morning in the middle of drinking a chocolate Protein Shake. Afterwards it tasted just like mint choco chip and was actually really good. I think I'm going to pick up some mint extract to add to them. I'm getting bored with chocolate and I'm not a big fan of the other flavors.

I know this has been discussed at some point, maybe even several times. But I need Protein Shake help. I am 4 weeks out and still on the pureed stage. I am sooo beyond tired of Protein Shakes. I've been buying premade ones because they seem smoother and not so foamy, But I am to the point where when I take drink I gag! I can't stand the flavor anymore and when I make them myself, it's even worse. They come out very foamy. . I have several powders at home including chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and unflavored. Any recommendations or tips? Unfortunately, I am only getting about 30 g of Protein in a day because of this problem I'm having. I just wish they made a protein pill. LOL. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

I know this has been discussed at some point' date=' maybe even several times. But I need Protein Shake help. I am 4 weeks out and still on the pureed stage. I am sooo beyond tired of Protein Shakes. I've been buying premade ones because they seem smoother and not so foamy, But I am to the point where when I take drink I gag! I can't stand the flavor anymore and when I make them myself, it's even worse. They come out very foamy. . I have several powders at home including chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and unflavored. Any recommendations or tips? Unfortunately, I am only getting about 30 g of Protein in a day because of this problem I'm having. I just wish they made a protein pill. LOL. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.[/quote']

I use whey PROTEIN &use 3scoops in a shaker bottle w/1% milk but I only drink a fews ounces then keep it in frig even overnight just shake before next drink &no foam.

I know this has been discussed at some point' date=' maybe even several times. But I need Protein Shake help. I am 4 weeks out and still on the pureed stage. I am sooo beyond tired of Protein Shakes. I've been buying premade ones because they seem smoother and not so foamy, But I am to the point where when I take drink I gag! I can't stand the flavor anymore and when I make them myself, it's even worse. They come out very foamy. . I have several powders at home including chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and unflavored. Any recommendations or tips? Unfortunately, I am only getting about 30 g of Protein in a day because of this problem I'm having. I just wish they made a protein pill. LOL. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.[/quote']

I find if you have to do protein shakes make sure u get the one where you get the most protein per oz. I am also still on puree stage but i use GNC protein it 1 scoop/6oz and gives you 25 grams of protein so if you use milk thats like 30 grams per serving. The flavors are good but they can be sweet try banana cream its great.

I like to dilute the Unjury unflavored Protein Powder in a small amount of motts for tots Apple juice then add to motts green apple applesauce.

WHEY PROTEIN is 30of protein per scoop

That's good! I get released tomorrow' date=' Clear Liquids for a week.... Ugh[/quote']

how long did u have to stay? my surgery is tomorrow. my nurse said two days doctor said over night

I went to the gym but they were about to close...I could have easily gone to my house and relaxed but I stopped at the walking trail and walked 3 miles. I feel GREAT!