Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

Me too! scale hasn't moved in 4 days. It will move soon enough! It happens to everyone. :)

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 247 GW: 135

Me three

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Hi guys! New here, 4 days post-op.

I'm not getting enough Water so my goal today is to make sure I consume all the water I need to today.

I can sit up so much easier today. Every day is getting better. And I was able to sleep most of the night last night. I woke up twice to re-up my pain meds and went right back to sleep. Progress!

Hi guys! New here' date=' 4 days post-op.

I'm not getting enough Water so my goal today is to make sure I consume all the water I need to today.

I can sit up so much easier today. Every day is getting better. And I was able to sleep most of the night last night. I woke up twice to re-up my pain meds and went right back to sleep. Progress![/quote']

Congratulations. Glad to hear you are feeling well. I am 2 weeks and 2 days out...just started to feel human the last two days.thank god..keep up that water

I finally came off my 4 day stall. I think it was my mo. Friend! Lol TMI' date=' I know. Finally down 2 more pounds. Now 28 lbs down since pre op, which 13 lbs is since surgery!! :)

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 245 GW: 135[/quote']

Me to. I lost 2 1/2 lbs so I was excited to see that. I was suppose to start puree foods today but I find it hard not to drink 30 min before and during so I chose to drink instead of eat. I'm always thirsty. I met with my nut next week so I guess I will see what she says. I'm glad your scale moved as well. We had similar staying waits and surgery same day so I am keeping up with your success as well.

surgery date: May 14

Hey all just thought I would share with you. I have just realised that if I drink Water too fast " I dump it" just rapid pulse and sweaty and got to run to the toilet.

Anyone else found this.

Is anyone else in this funk mood that they seem they can not get out of. I have no desire to do anything or go anywhere. I just want to feel normal. I am tired of liquids (not hungry just want something more that liquid) and tired of feeling out of place. I should be going back to work soon and really don't think I am mental ready. Is anyone else going thru this.

I am having the same feeling. Went back to work last week & still don't feel normal. I just want to stay home. Scaled back my hours for this week and next. I think my depression is in full swing as well as my anxiety. They say its normal and will get better. My surgery was May 7th so it's only been a few weeks. I know how you feel.

Hey all just thought I would share with you. I have just realised that if I drink Water too fast " I dump it" just rapid pulse and sweaty and got to run to the toilet.

Anyone else found this.

Had my surgery in April and have had this happen numerous times. I always carried a water Bottle with me before surgery and would chug water often. It has been a hard habit to break. It's what I do naturally but now when I do I get super sick and throw it all up so I'm constantly having to remind myself:)

I am having the same feeling. Went back to work last week & still don't feel normal. I just want to stay home. Scaled back my hours for this week and next. I think my depression is in full swing as well as my anxiety. They say its normal and will get better. My surgery was May 7th so it's only been a few weeks. I know how you feel.

Hmm yep food was our drug of choice and our comfort, even a pass time.. There would be a period of mourning...you have lost a friend. FOOD. I had my surgery on the 13 th and its so wierd two days ago i still felt like crap..was starting to think what the hell did I do to myself..two days later I feel so much different .

You whole world has been turned up side down...nothing is familiar..

Also don't forget that if you were on anti anxiety or depression medication before surgery it may not be as effective, due to malabsorption.

Give yourself a break

Hi guys! New here' date=' 4 days post-op.

I can sit up so much easier today. Every day is getting better. And I was able to sleep most of the night last night. I woke up twice to re-up my pain meds and went right back to sleep. Progress![/quote']

So happy that you are recuperating nicely! Drink those fluids, your body really needs them! Are you walking around yet? If so, get moving (at the pace your doc told you) it will help clear those cobwebs out.

Keep posting!

Anyone else found this.

Me too! I found that out pretty early. My latest upset was when I added lactose-free, fat-free milk to my shake. I didn't let the bubbles dissipate for long enough. Milk makes stronger bubbles. I nearly went to the ER. Not fun.

It is totally not surprising to feel that way. Eating was my everything. My emotional coping tool that I have had my entire life is not there right now, and it is hard. Have you talked about it with your doc? If not, you might want to let him or her know, since it could be an indicator that your Vitamins are off.

I have been giving myself little tasks to do when I start feeling out of sorts. I never really developed healthy boredom skills, I always just went to the pantry. What I am doing right now, is to try to get my mind off it. I made a list of things to do that take about a half hour, wrote them on small slips of paper, and put them in a jar. When I start that restless feeling, I go pick a slip and do it. Examples are: take pictures in the yard or house like I am laying out a story in a magazine; de-clutter two drawers in a room; purge kids' clothes and prep them for donation; organize a page in one of my scrapbooks, etc.

It's not much work, and it helps break that mood. I try not to do huge tasks that can't get done within about 30 minutes, because that left me feeling defeated.

We are people who have made this huge, life-changing alteration to how we usually do stuff. It is going to get uncomfortable, there's no shame in that. If you feel it is overwhelming you, though, you might want to seek some counseling or go to a post-op support group.

I hope that helps....(((((hug)))))

Hello everyone! Surgery was the 20th and I got to go home on the 22nd. While I'm the hospital I was well taken care of. Needles went in and fine. The catheter ( which really scared me a little) went in fine ( I think, though I was sleep). However the doc did say they would also take it out while I was sleep. They did not, they took it out while I was waking up from the anaesthesia. I remember it but not really so I was pleased with that as well. The first night I woke every 2 hours ( literally) to use the bathroom. I think that kept me from gaining extra weight. Now on post op day 9 I've lost 12lbs ( but won't make it official until my post op appointment next week). Fluids are starting to get in pretty good now and Ive been walking everyday! (Proud of my own self about that). The only thing I absolutely hate are the chewable vitamins ( man they are nasty) I have to mentally prepare myself before putting them in my mouth. Other than that God has truly been good and I'm so glad I did this. And I pray daily that this surgery will continue to be a great tool that I take advantage of daily. Hope everyone else is doing well and good luck to those still to come.

Hello everyone! Surgery was the 20th and I got to go home on the 22nd. While I'm the hospital I was well taken care of. Needles went in and fine. The catheter ( which really scared me a little) went in fine ( I think' date=' though I was sleep). However the doc did say they would also take it out while I was sleep. They did not, they took it out while I was waking up from the anaesthesia. I remember it but not really so I was pleased with that as well. The first night I woke every 2 hours ( literally) to use the bathroom. I think that kept me from gaining extra weight. Now on post op day 9 I've lost 12lbs ( but won't make it official until my post op appointment next week). Fluids are starting to get in pretty good now and Ive been walking everyday! (Proud of my own self about that). The only thing I absolutely hate are the chewable vitamins ( man they are nasty) I have to mentally prepare myself before putting them in my mouth. Other than that God has truly been good and I'm so glad I did this. And I pray daily that this surgery will continue to be a great tool that I take advantage of daily. Hope everyone else is doing well and good luck to those still to come.[/quote']

My surgery was the 20th as well! I feel great the last two days. Ready to go back to work, so bored at home. I have lost 13lbs! I don't really feel like I had surgery nine days ago:) I don't know if this is a bad thing???

My surgery was the 20th as well! I feel great the last two days. Ready to go back to work' date=' so bored at home. I have lost 13lbs! I don't really feel like I had surgery nine days ago:) I don't know if this is a bad thing???[/quote']

That's great! What have you been doing exercise wise and what have you been eating?

Two days post op and still in hospital. Hopefully allowed home tomorrow. Had drain and drip removed today, can't believe the length of the drain! Can see why that hurt more than the incisions for the bypass!!

Have got a slight temperature and blood pressure is lower than normal, normally have low blood pressure but this is a tad to low for their liking so need to try and get it up......

Had a shower today and feeling much better in myself. Only allowed dispersible pain meds now as cannula has been removed but they taste horrid!!!