Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

I just swallowed a piece of gum' date=' i'm 4 day post op, Im really scare[/quote']

Call your doctor in the a.m. if I feel so k go to the e.r. no gum chewing anymore!! :)

I was a huge gum chewer before surgery, literally 2+ packs a day. I was told no chewing and scared of the consequences so I bought sugar free mints for when I really feel a need for something. I don't eat them like I chewed gum but it comforts me to have them on hand. No more gum!!

I just swallowed a piece of gum' date=' i'm 4 day post op, Im really scare[/quote']

If you have any vomitting or can't hold fluids down see your surgeon ASAP. The join (anastomoses) between the pouch and intestine can get blocked. You should know fairly quickly if it is going to be a problem..

Since 1.5 weeks out' date=' I get hungry. Not head hunger either, legit need to eat. No cravings though which helps.[/quote']

I get hungry..actually more kind of empty and sicky..kinda.. Then I know I have to eat..cold Water makes me cramp..I often wake up with a morning sickness feeling..what I will say tho is that if I don't drink enough I feel more hungry..the hunger is funny tho...not a rip your head off I have to eat hunger...just mild.

Renamed a group for our post op patients! Hold onto the losers bench. I will be here on May 14 to join you! Hope your all doing well on your new journey.

Surgery date: May 14' date=' 2013[/quote']

I am new :) My surgery was May 20, 2013! Excited to be healthy and watch my transformation!

I get hungry..actually more kind of empty and sicky..kinda.. Then I know I have to eat..cold Water makes me cramp..I often wake up with a morning sickness feeling..what I will say tho is that if I don't drink enough I feel more hungry..the hunger is funny tho...not a rip your head off I have to eat hunger...just mild.

I have the same feelings... I know I am not drinking enough! Note to self.... Drink more! Thank you for sharing:)

I'm ten days post op and I don't get hungry nor do I feel full. So weird to me!! Sometimes I feel a little pressure in my chest. I think that will be my stop eating sign.

Anyone one else on a weight stall. I'm exactly 2 weeks post opt and haven't lost weight in about 4 days. I also am not having a bm so maybe that's why? I am suppose to start phase 2 tomorrow.

surgery date: May 14

Anyone one else on a weight stall. I'm exactly 2 weeks post opt and haven't lost weight in about 4 days. I also am not having a bm so maybe that's why? I am suppose to start phase 2 tomorrow.

Is or were anyone else hungry at times within the 1st 2 wks post op? Just wanted to see if the hungry feeling I get sometimes normal.

I wasn't ever hungry. Just made noises due to the intestines being cranky & making lots of movements.

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 247 GW: 135

Me too! scale hasn't moved in 4 days. It will move soon enough! It happens to everyone. :)

I am new :) My surgery was May 20' date=' 2013! Excited to be healthy and watch my transformation![/quote']

Welcome to our May post op group! Congrats! :) glad to have you.

Is anyone else in this funk mood that they seem they can not get out of. I have no desire to do anything or go anywhere. I just want to feel normal. I am tired of liquids (not hungry just want something more that liquid) and tired of feeling out of place. I should be going back to work soon and really don't think I am mental ready. Is anyone else going thru this.

Yea I'm the samw way. Thanks that makes me feel better.

I wondered that too. I am 3 weeks out and had hunger, so added some of the things my nutritionists had okayed within the next week. I would try two spoonfuls and see how it sat in my pouch. Cream of potato Soup puréed with chicken stock did the trick for me.

I finally came off my 4 day stall. I think it was my mo. Friend! Lol TMI, I know. Finally down 2 more pounds. Now 28 lbs down since pre op, which 13 lbs is since surgery!! :)

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 245 GW: 135