Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

So' date=' I can officially say I'm starting to loose. I lost 16 pounds just on the pre-op diet, but I gained 10 in the hospital from all the fluids. I've finally lost that 10 plus 1.....so am I done just 1 lb? or 17? Either way, I'm down so I guess it doesn't matter. Yeah.....I'm told it only gets better from here....also, today is my last day of full liquids, start Puree stage tomorrow. Never thought I'd be so excited about putting cottage cheese in my mouth.[/quote']

Yaaay for you!!,I'm glad your seeing the lbs coming off!! Success my friend. I am so excited as well to eat cottage cheese! Yummy! My yogart was good this morning. No complaints with the pouch so far, but crossing my fingers. I'm so glad we are both doing well! :-) keep me posted on our purree stage. Are you going to follow exactly the same schedule as the list for Mond thru Friday?

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 251 GW: 135

Yaaay for you!!' date='I'm glad your seeing the lbs coming off!! Success my friend. I am so excited as well to eat cottage cheese! Yummy! My yogart was good this morning. No complaints with the pouch so far, but crossing my fingers. I'm so glad we are both doing well! :-) keep me posted on our purree stage. Are you going to follow exactly the same schedule as the list for Mond thru Friday?

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 251 GW: 135[/quote']

We had surgery the same day but I am on liquids for another week booo! If you come up with any good puree ideas please share cause the only thing I know so far is yogurt cottage cheese and Peanut Butter.

surgery date: May 14

We had surgery the same day but I am on liquids for another week booo! If you come up with any good puree ideas please share cause the only thing I know so far is yogurt cottage cheese and Peanut Butter.

You know what's gonna be yummy. I made last night for todays dinner. Take a can of cream of broccoli and you puree with chicken broth until you get a thin consistency. It makes a yummy thin puree Soup. Also I pureed a low sodium bean soup. Beans are a great source of Protein. I made a lot in my Magic Bullet and stored in the fridge. I can have 1/2 cup. sugar free pudding is also good. And believe it or not scrambled eggs ( very soft) runny scrambled eggs. I added a little packet of sweet & low to the egg mixture before cooking. Yummy. Hope this helps.

It's actually the liquid puree stage for a week before full puree stage. Funny how surgeons differ for the diets pre op and post op.

You know what's gonna be yummy. I made last night for todays dinner. Take a can of cream of broccoli and you puree with chicken broth until you get a thin consistency. It makes a yummy thin puree Soup. Also I pureed a low sodium bean soup. Beans are a great source of Protein. I made a lot in my Magic Bullet and stored in the fridge. I can have 1/2 cup. sugar free pudding is also good. And believe it or not scrambled eggs ( very soft) runny scrambled eggs. I added a little packet of sweet & low to the egg mixture before cooking. Yummy. Hope this helps.

Thank you it does help. For some reason when I think of pureeing food it just grossed me out but I better get used to it. I will be in that phase for 3 weeks.

Yaaay!!! I hope all our post op patients find it! So excited to hear how they are all doing!

Surgery date: May 14' date=' 2013[/quote']

My surgery date was May 15, 2013. I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm sore. Today I got to eat apple sauce! : )

I began purée today. I had cream of wheat for Breakfast and potato Soup for dinner. It went fine and I feel great, totally full feeling. :)

I had my surgery May 8 and haven't had any hunger issues. Tonight starts my 3rd week, and I added almond milk for the first time, and some cream of chicken (thinned with water). All is well, but I'm having what used to think of as hunger pains. I know my pouch isn't empty, and it kind of feels like a really big gas bubble? Any one else have this?

Had a soft boiled egg today....oh my god....best boiled egg in the world....lol

I am home. Surgery went well. Am home trying to just get in Water and Protein. This is probably tmi. But I have finally started passing gas. And I am a happy girl. Husband not so much. Lol

I am home. Surgery went well. Am home trying to just get in Water and Protein. This is probably tmi. But I have finally started passing gas. And I am a happy girl. Husband not so much. Lol

You made me giggle, because I had that same issue. Better out than in, especially right after surgery! Don't push too fast.

Anyone else from may not really losing weight? My surgery was may 9th. I lost 7 lbs the first week after surgery but now I have not lost anything in the last week. Feeling discouraged and like that's it im not going to lose anymore :(.

Surgery: May 9, 2013

What type of Protein are ypu guys getting in? Like if yoyr do a shake whats in it? I have been sippinh on water' date=' apple juice and a tiny bit of Protein clear liquid which has like 8 g per 2 ounces.. im a little afraid to add stuff..[/quote']

I have to drink Boost Meal Replacement for another week. So I'm having that which is like 10 protein and then I added some nectar strawberry kiwi to my Water which added 23 grams of protein to my Water. Yesterday I got 50 grams of protein. I drank two boost and 32 oz if water and one 1/2 cup cream Soup.< /p>

I had my surgery on Friday May 17 th!! Yeah!!! I am not hungry at all and had to go on a 15 min schedule to get in the drinks I'm supposed to drink and I am getting in 32 oz of Water per day so far!! 50 oz of Protein yesterday!! Yeah!! This is a little harder to get it all in than I thought it would be!

Yay for you getting to go to puree. I am on liquid for atleast another week. congrats on the weightloss. Getting started in the right direction.

I'm on liquid for another week too!!