Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

Thank you !' date=' your doing great yourself! :). We are in for a great ride. ( losing ride ! ) whoop, whoop!

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 245 GW: 135[/quote']

Yes we are I am so happy that for the most part I feel normal again

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Had surgery on the 16 th and have had many ups and downs. Not feeling great today, trying to think of what has improved since surgery. Last night I actually slept in my side! Very exciting since my back has been hurting a lot. Tried sleeping on my stomach but a dull pain kept me awake. But I will take the win of sleeping on my side!

I'd love to join up with you all. My surgery was May 15 and I'm still finding it hard to get in my fluids and Protein. I'm starting to track on MFP to see if that'll help.

Also still very tired. Lost quite a bit of blood, had several transfusions prior to discharge, and it's taking me a while to build any stamina back. I see other's posting about fatigue, too, so I know I'm not alone there.

It'll be exciting to see how May folks are doing 6 months from now!

I'd love to join up with you all. My surgery was May 15 and I'm still finding it hard to get in my fluids and Protein. I'm starting to track on MFP to see if that'll help.

Also still very tired. Lost quite a bit of blood' date=' had several transfusions prior to discharge, and it's taking me a while to build any stamina back. I see other's posting about fatigue, too, so I know I'm not alone there.

It'll be exciting to see how May folks are doing 6 months from now!

[/quote']

Welcome aboard!! Congrats on your recent surgery and welcome to the losers bench! :) we are a great bunch of peeps on this May surgery post op board! I'm glad your doing a little better. Prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 243 GW: 135

I am three and a half weeks out. I had my first real battle with head hunger last night. All the kids went to sleep overs and my husband was out fishing with his dad. I kept thinking, "I'm gonna eat whatever the heck I feel like." I had to do a reality check each time. This was an old thinking habit. I wasn't hungry at all, I just wanted to splurge. That is where all my diets failed before RNY. I would get tired of trying hard, or working hard. So I'm trying to figure out what to do to change that thought pattern. Any ideas?

I am three and a half weeks out. I had my first real battle with head hunger last night. All the kids went to sleep overs and my husband was out fishing with his dad. I kept thinking' date=' "I'm gonna eat whatever the heck I feel like." I had to do a reality check each time. This was an old thinking habit. I wasn't hungry at all, I just wanted to splurge. That is where all my diets failed before RNY. I would get tired of trying hard, or working hard. So I'm trying to figure out what to do to change that thought pattern. Any ideas?[/quote']

One lady made a list of things to do in thirty minutes and put the slips of paper in a basket and when head hunger struck she would pull out a paper and do what it said.

Get up and walk.

This is weird but if the kids are eating pizza or what ever if i smell it i am fine.

I am three and a half weeks out. I had my first real battle with head hunger last night. All the kids went to sleep overs and my husband was out fishing with his dad. I kept thinking' date=' "I'm gonna eat whatever the heck I feel like." I had to do a reality check each time. This was an old thinking habit. I wasn't hungry at all, I just wanted to splurge. That is where all my diets failed before RNY. I would get tired of trying hard, or working hard. So I'm trying to figure out what to do to change that thought pattern. Any ideas?[/quote']

I'm five days out and I don't know if I'm hungry or not! Not sure if this will make sense, sometimes I feel as though as I want to raid the cupboards and eat everything going. Not sure if this is normal or not. I like the idea of writing jobs down and picking one out to do, when I feel better. Still bit sore on tummy area and as I normally sleep on my side or front, this is effecting my sleep.

Have also got such a horrible taste in my mouth, doesn't disappear even brushing teeth and tongue! Does anyone else have a weird taste in their mouth?

I had to do the milk diet before surgery as I am in the uk, sat here with a glass of milk now as that is all I fancy this morning! Thought I would be fed up of milk after having four pints a day for two weeks before surgery!

Surgery was 29th may came home the next day no pain meds needed but oh my the pain from the gas I am 4 days post op and still having gas and the pain could I get comfy to sleep last night oh hell no lol I feel like have done 100000 sit ups and have a bad stitch from running in my left side. Is that normal? X nice to finally be on the other side start of better things x

I'm five days out and I don't know if I'm hungry or not! Not sure if this will make sense' date=' sometimes I feel as though as I want to raid the cupboards and eat everything going. Not sure if this is normal or not. I like the idea of writing jobs down and picking one out to do, when I feel better. Still bit sore on tummy area and as I normally sleep on my side or front, this is effecting my sleep.< /p>

Have also got such a horrible taste in my mouth, doesn't disappear even brushing teeth and tongue! Does anyone else have a weird taste in their mouth?

I had to do the milk diet before surgery as I am in the uk, sat here with a glass of milk now as that is all I fancy this morning! Thought I would be fed up of milk after having four pints a day for two weeks before surgery![/quote']

where about in the uk are u Hun? I am from Liverpool but live in Norway now. Hope to go home and visit in July maybe we could meet up for a chat and swap stories lol

Surgery was 29th may came home the next day no pain meds needed but oh my the pain from the gas I am 4 days post op and still having gas and the pain could I get comfy to sleep last night oh hell no lol I feel like have done 100000 sit ups and have a bad stitch from running in my left side. Is that normal? X nice to finally be on the other side start of better things x

Hello. That sounds normal, I feel as though I have done too many sit ups and pulled muscles I didn't know I had! Had trouble sleeping last night too as couldn't get comfy. I've not had a bowel movement since before the op and I'm sure that is not helping. Was told not to strain so am petrified of going now! Was also told to be prepared to have blood in stools but not to panic as this is normal........well as normal as it can be I suppose!

Do keep forgetting I've just had surgery and want to get up and do housework, ironing etc as Daryn just doesn't do it right, he hung some washing on the airer last night, I took one look at it and had to walk out the room as it was just so wrong! Do appreciate his help though so can't say anything. Think I must have some sort of OCD when it comes to housework and keeping things tidy and in the right place!

Hello. That sounds normal' date=' I feel as though I have done too many sit ups and pulled muscles I didn't know I had! Had trouble sleeping last night too as couldn't get comfy. I've not had a bowel movement since before the op and I'm sure that is not helping. Was told not to strain so am petrified of going now! Was also told to be prepared to have blood in stools but not to panic as this is normal........well as normal as it can be I suppose!

Do keep forgetting I've just had surgery and want to get up and do housework, ironing etc as Daryn just doesn't do it right, he hung some washing on the airer last night, I took one look at it and had to walk out the room as it was just so wrong! Do appreciate his help though so can't say anything. Think I must have some sort of OCD when it comes to housework and keeping things tidy and in the right place![/quote']

Lol I hear u with the house work and laundry I've told hubbie not to bother it can wait a few days hopefully can do it myself then it was painful to watch him Hoover lol. I think today will be spent trying to walk and let gas out and then a few naps lol

Me too on the gas. My insides are loudly percolating and left side high near my shoulder is painfull. Had severe pain in that spot while in the hospital and the nurse assured me it was gas. He said those pains can turn up in different areas on different people. The percolating started yesterday morning (third day out). Does anyone know how long the gas lasts?

I'm five days out and I don't know if I'm hungry or not! Not sure if this will make sense' date=' sometimes I feel as though as I want to raid the cupboards and eat everything going. Not sure if this is normal or not. I like the idea of writing jobs down and picking one out to do, when I feel better. Still bit sore on tummy area and as I normally sleep on my side or front, this is effecting my sleep.< /p>

I had to do the milk diet before surgery as I am in the uk, sat here with a glass of milk now as that is all I fancy this morning! Thought I would be fed up of milk after having four pints a day for two weeks before surgery![/quote']

I'm 13 days post op and I also have a weird taste in my mouth as well I brush my teeth and tongue and as soon as I pop one of those nasty Vitamins in my mouth the taste comes right back.

I heard from an RNY friend that the funny taste in your mouth is due to ketosis. Because of the restricted calories and high Protein, your body is in a different calorie-burning mode. I kept sugar free mints on hand for a couple of weeks.

Hey all i was the 13th of may and all done...just starting to feel human...how did every ones ops go..what you eating.....how do you feel.

I was band to bypass. There was heaps of scaring and I was lucky my surgeon was good enough to go ahead.

It took eight hours..went in to theatre at 7.30 am and was shocked when I woke up at 4 pm in recovery.. Doctor was complaining I broke his back...bless him poor thing.

I was the 13 of May also. Not doing real well. Can't keep much down. Going to Dr. on Tues. I've tired to b as careful as I can. I can't walk to much no energy & have to b close to the potty. Anyone had problems like this?