Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my post op this morning. All is good. They said I'm losing better than average so far! My HW was 277' date=' SW was 270.1 and at 12 days post op I'm 255.7! Woo![/quote']

Way to go!!!!!!

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 323 GW: 150

SURGERY IS ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! I have to say that this morning I am not doing well. I have been doing the liquid diet for one week and have lost not an ounce. I have NEVER followed a diet more closely than I have this. I have stayed under 900 calories every day. Up to this point I had been following my fitness pal and have lost 33 pounds. I keep telling myself it has to break. But for the past two mornings I have actually been up. I actually could cry!

@baconville, have you been doing some sort of exercise plan? Also I would say stop weighing yourself daily that sometimes plays with your head & does more harm than good...just breath & continue the plan the weight loss will come but first stop weighing yourself everyday...your weight changes through out the day... Try weighing yourself on Friday & see where you are...my surgery is next Tuesday also... You can do it!! You're in the home stretch...keep pushing

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

You go!

@baconville' date=' have you been doing some sort of exercise plan? Also I would say stop weighing yourself daily that sometimes plays with your head & does more harm than good...just breath & continue the plan the weight loss will come but first stop weighing yourself everyday...your weight changes through out the day... Try weighing yourself on Friday & see where you are...my surgery is next Tuesday also... You can do it!! You're in the home stretch...keep pushing

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I belong to the local YMCA. I have not been doing a formal plan, but I have been doing 33 minutes on a recumbent elliptical (I have bad knees). I have not worked out everyday, but most days. I am going to try swimming laps tonight and see if the change helps. I know I should stop weighing as often as I do, but seeing the scale go down goes a long way toward keeping my motivation up. I called my clinic today and they think I might be retaining Water from all the Soup. I hate low sodium soup, but I am going to pick up a couple cans and try that too. It has to break sometime!

I am officially on the LOSERS BENCH!!! Thank god that part is over with. In a lot of pain' date=' getting ready to get up and take my first walk, WOOOHOOO![/quote']

Yea ,go ,go,go. I had my last visit today now waiting on that phone call for add-on labs & date.

Pre-Op done! Right now I'm scheduled for 1:30 pm on the 26th… hopefully when I call on Tuesday it gets moved up a little :)

Thank you all for the well wishes. It is greatly appreciated. I am sore, but these meds are no joke! Can not wait till I can have a drink!!

HW: 275 SW; 258

Day 2 still in the hospital. Last night was the worst part. today is better. They were able to do my revision there was moderate scar tissue. Worst part hurts where my LB port was whole stomach very sore. My blood count is low so I will be here one more night . Tomorrow I will do a barium swallow and hopefully if it goes well I can go home. Dr. Doesn't want me to drink yet. Just sponging my mouth. Not hungry at all .. just burping no basement gas yet.. well I keep you all posted after I get home. Hope everyone is doing well and good luck and prayers for peeps going in this week.

Hey all - My date is June 26th. I have had to start a 9 day liquid only diet before the surgery. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm only on day two and I so want to eat!! I didn't realize how hard it would be with my family still eating as normal. What made it even harder today...I made dinner for the family! Any suggestions to get through the next 7 days? Thanks in advance!!

Hey all - My date is June 26th. I have had to start a 9 day liquid only diet before the surgery. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm only on day two and I so want to eat!! I didn't realize how hard it would be with my family still eating as normal. What made it even harder today...I made dinner for the family! Any suggestions to get through the next 7 days? Thanks in advance!!

Yes! I am currently on day 7 of my liquid diet and still have 6 more to go! Yes it is difficult because I am hungry for the most part of the day. But I try to keep busy and still try to get in a walk or bike ride to burn even more calories. I am following the diet suggested meals pretty closely and have lost 8lbs so far. Did your doc give you a suggested list of meals to eat? I find it to be tolerable. I am cooking for my family too and it is not easy!! But I just keep thinking if I don't lose enough weight it will decrease the likelihood of me being able to have laparoscopic surgery. I also remind myself to make this happen because I have worked hard to get to this point and I'm sure you have too. I'm hoping it will help with the post surgery liquid diet too. It gets easier after day 3!!! Stick to it!! Get a good Protein shake! And keep a variety of Soups too! It will all make you savor and appreciate it once we get to reintroduce other foods in just a few more weeks!! Small changes, big differences!

I think I've already hit a stall. I'm two weeks out today but I've been hovering around 230 for the past 4-5 days. I have lost 18lbs since surgery. Thank god for small miracles.

I think I've already hit a stall. I'm two weeks out today but I've been hovering around 230 for the past 4-5 days. I have lost 18lbs since surgery. Thank god for small miracles.

I am the exact say way. I am two weeks out and lost about 18 as well. I have hit a stall. I try not to get on the scale, but it just screams at me to get on and check. I have been at the same weight since Friday. It is so frustrating! I know in my head that I shouldn't worry that it will come off, but I feel like the little girl on the Willy Wonka and chocolate factory..... "I want it all and I want it now!!!!"

I am officially on the LOSERS BENCH!!! Thank god that part is over with. In a lot of pain, getting ready to get up and take my first walk, WOOOHOOO!

Congratulations , Trust me if & when they let you walk, WALK!! I was walking the halls more than the doctors or nurses, It helped massivly with the reduction of the pain and alivated the boredom of a hospital room. DONT PUSH IT if you get tired rest.

RJ