Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I am having to take the lortab every three hours. I have very bad bruising around my incisions and very extreme gas pains. I have been trying to do anything to get the gas down but nothin is helping...

When it got bad when I first got home...I used gas x too. One in one end and one in another. It made it hard to breath

They gave me suppositories. I also had horrible gas and some bruising. I promise' date=' it will work[/quote']

They gave me one and it did not work.

Had surgery at 730 this morning. It went well' date=' no complications and not much paid. About 4 out of 10. Anesthesia was great and NO vomiting. I as worried about that. I am waiting for my next Dilotid shot for pain. Also had a Heparin (blood thinner) in my tummy and it stings! no have already taken 6 laps of the 30 they want you to do each 24 hours. Started slow but getting better. Some gas pains in left shoulder but the incisions and drain don't hurt. Just tender. My doc does not do the swallow test unless there is a problem. Do not forget to bring Chapstick for after surgery. Thanks for all of your good thoughts. Scoot over....I just took a permanent seat on the Losers Bench! BTW lost 22 lbs on liquid diet! WooooHooo![/quote']

You go girl!!!????

Had a bad night last night! I just broke down as the rest of the family was eating something different that smelled delicious! I went to get my dinner and started crying. My dad who has had the surgery asked me what was wrong... I said "I am just tired of eating the same things everyday. It's just so boring!" He has also had the surgery done and reassured me that the fist 3 weeks are the hardest and once I start adding more foods I won't even notice. I am so glad I have my parents to help guide me in this.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

That is cool Jules!

Thanks up my husband I passed a little gas twice today. I laid on my stomach for thirty minutes while he did light karate chops on my back till I tooted twice. I still have a lot of gas pain and haven't passed any on my own but every little bit counts.

I am so happy for you! Thank you for your posting. Your details are like reading a great novel...lol. Mine is 4/18 so I'm hanging on to your every word! Do you know how long your surgery was?

My surgery took about 3hrs and that includes him fixing my hiatal hernia. I'm so glad my experience is helping someone! I couldn't get enough info in when I was Pre-op, so I'm trying to give lots of details. ;)

I am having to take the lortab every three hours. I have very bad bruising around my incisions and very extreme gas pains. I have been trying to do anything to get the gas down but nothin is helping...

Lou, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time! Just keep walking as much as you can and it will pass. Did you ask for some gas-x? hang in there, sweetie! This too shall pass.

Gas pains still bad havent passed any gas yet in little over hr i get Water

Gas pains still bad havent passed any gas yet in little over hr i get water

Did you get your Water yet? How's the gas going?

Im glad you are all doing pretty good

One week out today! Official weight day. Lost 13.6lbs! Not bad for one week and just walking!

One week out today! Official weight day. Lost 13.6lbs! Not bad for one week and just walking!

Woohoo that's awesome!! Congrats jules :-) *does a happy dance*

surgery date - Apr 5th/2013 9am

Congrats!!!!

Wow

I have a question how long after surgery do you have a check up