Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I love our group. We will have to have a one year surgeriversary get together!

That would be so awesome! We have supported each other thru one of the biggest changes we can make in our lives. I also love coming here where evryone can understand and doesn't judge! Thanks all!

I went for a check up yesterday and I'm down 44lbs YAY!!! I Also met with a diff dietician yesterday than I've been seeing and a diff dr ( just because of scheduling) I've seen them both in the past before rny.....wellllll they both told me that the other dietician was being TOO strict and gave me a ton more food options they told me that I was supposed to start raw veggies salads and fruit 2 weeks ago...I was so mad especially when I found out the other dietician put her notes that she told me my new foods I was allowed

That's wrong! If they are in the same office, they should ALL be on the same plan. Glad you can eat more! I always thought your plan was wierdly strict, but every dr is different!

Good news about the food options!

That would be so awesome! We have supported each other thru one of the biggest changes we can make in our lives. I also love coming here where evryone can understand and doesn't judge! Thanks all!

That would be awesome! I keep reading online about WLS meet and greets so I looked online last night cuz I'd like to go one day but I can't find any does anyone know where and when they are I think they sound like loads of fun

That's wrong! If they are in the same office' date=' they should ALL be on the same plan. Glad you can eat more! I always thought your plan was wierdly strict, but every dr is different![/quote']

Needless to say I made my next appointment with them again lol yeah I was cheating a little with things that a lot of you guys eat like cheese refried Beans etc then I ask her yesterday and she says cheese is great for a snack also I told the other dietician sometimes I can't drink just 2 shakes and one meal I get hungry and the one yesterday said I don't have to do 2 shakes as long as I get my Protein in but she wants me to do at least one a day which I always do then I can eat 2 meals and little Snacks during the day which is way better and like I've been saying whem I eat more often like that I lose more weight and she agreed :)

Good news about the food options!

Thanks I agree :)

7 weeks post up and I'm down 36 lbs. Feeling much better and definitely more active because I'm not as out of breath as you used to be. I just have to thank all of you because this space gives me such inspiration though I may not respond to everything' date=' I do read it daily and it definitely helps me work through all the changes going on physically and mentally.[/quote']

This just made me feel better I'm 7 weeks out too and down 31 lbs I feel like I'm not loosing very much especially since my husband has his surgery two weeks after me and is down like 45lbs!! If you are 36 lbs out in not too far away from that so I guess it's not so bad of a weight loss

HW 343 SW 322 4/23/13 goal 170

This just made me feel better I'm 7 weeks out too and down 31 lbs I feel like I'm not loosing very much especially since my husband has his surgery two weeks after me and is down like 45lbs!! If you are 36 lbs out in not too far away from that so I guess it's not so bad of a weight loss

HW 343 SW 322 4/23/13 goal 170

Never ever ever compare yourself to your husband...in the weight loss game men suck and tend to lose a bit faster early on!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 212

That would be awesome! I keep reading online about WLS meet and greets so I looked online last night cuz I'd like to go one day but I can't find any does anyone know where and when they are I think they sound like loads of fun

I know they have one each year in Las Vegas!

I know they have one each year in Las Vegas!

That's too far for me I was hoping they had one on the east coast

Does everyone work out everyday?

Unfortunately i don't..... I got a treadmill for mothers day but whenever I use it my legs knees and hips hurt so bad so my dr said to keep focusing on eating right and when I lose more I will be able to and to try and do as much as I can if I can

Needless to say I made my next appointment with them again lol yeah I was cheating a little with things that a lot of you guys eat like cheese refried Beans etc then I ask her yesterday and she says cheese is great for a snack also I told the other dietician sometimes I can't drink just 2 shakes and one meal I get hungry and the one yesterday said I don't have to do 2 shakes as long as I get my Protein in but she wants me to do at least one a day which I always do then I can eat 2 meals and little Snacks during the day which is way better and like I've been saying whem I eat more often like that I lose more weight and she agreed :)

Glad it is straightened out and you can EAT! I still do at least one shake in the morning. Sometimes do two if I'm behind in protein. The one in the am helps me get pills down easier too.

Never ever ever compare yourself to your husband...in the weight loss game men suck and tend to lose a bit faster early on!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 212[/quote']

Still on vacation? Having fun? You forgot to pick me up!

That's too far for me I was hoping they had one on the east coast

And didn't you say you've lost 41 lbs? I know I'm only a little over 3wks out but I just don't feel like I'm losing. I'm eating right and working out basically every day. I'm trying so hard to be patient. And on top of that my floor is not leveled so I'm not able to get an accurate weight so I'm really not sure how much I've lost.