Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone PLEASE tell me this gets better

I had my bypass on Tuesday and today Friday I'm back in the hospital. My bladder isn't emptying without a Cather and I'm severally dehydrated. The gas pains are un bearable and I can't get comfortable. I've been walking and I even been using the gas x strips. Please someone give me some advice.

I had my bypass on Tuesday and today Friday I'm back in the hospital. My bladder isn't emptying without a Cather and I'm severally dehydrated. The gas pains are un bearable and I can't get comfortable. I've been walking and I even been using the gas x strips. Please someone give me some advice.

It does get better! I had a very bad first week also but each day got better. Hang in there it will come in time and will be worth it. Keep on walking!! I tried the gas x strips but the chewable simethicone worked way better. I took 2 at a time. I am just over 4 week out and each day gets better. Good luck I will be thinking of you.

It does! I had a very rough first week as well. Hang in there! I found the chewables worked better for me as well. Hugs!!!

Just hang in there. It will get much better. My surgeon has us in the hospital for 3 nights so I was in tough shape from Thursday-Sunday. I then went home and slept the first three days away. By the second week was better and every week has improved. Just a small hiccup in your recovery..

I was just coming on here to lament the same thing. I wish I were stills the hospital. I can't get comfortable in bed, gas pain is horrible, pain med is NOT effective, and my parents (who I am staying with for the night) are eating potato chips and candy right in front of me.

I was just coming on here to lament the same thing. I wish I were stills the hospital. I can't get comfortable in bed' date=' gas pain is horrible, pain med is NOT effective, and my parents (who I am staying with for the night) are eating potato chips and candy right in front of me.[/quote']

I see your from virginia. Where did you have your surgery?

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I just keep telling myself that it's ginna get better and I'm gonna be skinner. That's why I love this site cause I can come here and always get good/ kind advice.

The gas pains SUCKED!!!!!

IT WILL get better. I am feeling awesome right now. It has been almost 5 months for me.

I was just coming on here to lament the same thing. I wish I were stills the hospital. I can't get comfortable in bed, gas pain is horrible, pain med is NOT effective, and my parents (who I am staying with for the night) are eating potato chips and candy right in front of me.

I actually had to sleep in recliner for first 13 days. I am a side sleeper and with stitches couldn't get comfortable in bed. My surgeon sent my home with liquid hydrocodone that i could take every three hours. Worked pretty good. Maybe you need to call your surgeon and let them know that your not getting much pain relief and see if they can get you something different. Remember your parents didn't have surgery and you are going to have to get used to being around people eating foods you can no longer eat or should eat if you want your wls to be successful. I would just go to another room and sip on something to drink.. Hope you feel better soon...

Same thing happened to me. Back in the hospital for two more days because of pain. I am now 10 days out and there is still a lot of discomfort on my left side. Milk of magnesia really helped me get rid of gas. In still gassy but a lot better. It will get better as the days go by.

I am currently 3 days post op for a gastric bypass. I am in so much pain when I get up and down from bed or a chair. I have the worse stabbing pain to my left side. I've always credited myself with a high pain threshold, but this has been really rough. I just keep telling myself it will get better and will be worth it in the end!

Yes, I am from northern va. Had surgery at Vhc in Arlington.

I'm only allowed to take 15 ml or lortab every 4 hours. I can't really sy how much pain relief I get because it knocks me out for 3 hours. Then that third hour while I'm awake between the 4th when I finally get more medicine is just awful if I move, so I have to stay perfectly still.

What is everyone else's dosage?

Yes' date=' I am from northern va. Had surgery at Vhc in Arlington.

I'm only allowed to take 15 ml or lortab every 4 hours. I can't really sy how much pain relief I get because it knocks me out for 3 hours. Then that third hour while I'm awake between the 4th when I finally get more medicine is just awful if I move, so I have to stay perfectly still.

What is everyone else's dosage?[/quote']

Alexandria here! Having my surgery at the Fair Oaks Hospital on Tuesday yikes,..I feel your pain about the chips...I gave my daughter my credit card to go grocery shopping and she came back with 4 bags of chips--the little devil! I uses this is what happens when you give a teenager the responsibility of shopping! I just could not bear going to a store as hungry as I was on this liquid diet!!

Good luck to you. I hope you find some relief today!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5, 2013

I had my surgery on Tues. and came home from the hospital yesterday (Friday). I had horrible pains the first twenty four hours but I was given morphine pain pump and toradol in the hospital. I was sent home on liquid Oxycodone and liquid Tylenol. Gas pains were bad for a day in the hospital but walking really helped. My only problem I have now is contipation. Not sure what to do for that.