Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I a fighting my stress induced beast...I keep catching myself grazing.....really really really wanting. food a cookie would be awesome right about now

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

I never thought I'd hear myself say, "can I just get past the 190's". It's all good. Thankful for this gift of bypass surgery and my new life. 180's here I come!!!!!

Closing in on the 170's... I've been charting my food with MFP again and it definitely helps me get all my Protein in and focus on three meals' date=' no grazing. Today I'm down to 183. I had hoped to reach my goal of 150 by my birthday in early October... If I can lose 10 pounds a month for the next two months I might be able to pull it off, but it will take diligence! I'm so grateful for the support I'm receiving here!

p.s. I have begun to date again, and the weight loss has given me back my confidence! Not just to dare to date, but to realize when someone is not right for me, and not "settling" just because I think "I'm lucky to have a date at all."[/quote']

I to am at 183 at the moment lol. My goal is 175 by the time the kids start school August 15th and 150 by Christmas. I'm sure you will make your goal, slow and steady win the race. On the weird side my husband is actually not attracted to me after losing 93lbs.....go figure didnt see that one coming.

Chrissy, I'm sorry your husband is being a jerk but I'm worried I might be in the same situation... I just ended a 23 year relationship mostly do to my weight gain at least that's what he blamed his cheating on... But now I have the most awesome guy in my life who fell in live with me being fat... After dating a while I told him I was having wls ( I'm still Pre op) and he said he'd support me... I mostly believe him but there's this nagging voice that askes, will he really feel the same after I loose the weight... Some guys like bigger women, don't know why but they do and I'm hoping he loves me for what's inside not outside. Probably my insecurities talking but I still am worried...

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Chrissy' date=' I'm sorry your husband is being a jerk but I'm worried I might be in the same situation... I just ended a 23 year relationship mostly do to my weight gain at least that's what he blamed his cheating on... But now I have the most awesome guy in my life who fell in live with me being fat... After dating a while I told him I was having wls ( I'm still Pre op) and he said he'd support me... I mostly believe him but there's this nagging voice that askes, will he really feel the same after I loose the weight... Some guys like bigger women, don't know why but they do and I'm hoping he loves me for what's inside not outside. Probably my insecurities talking but I still am worried...

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Yeah I was with my husband for four years before surgery he said it didn't matter to him if I had it or not. We got married two months after surgery and now he doesn't talk to me or look at me lol. That was definitely not the reaction I expected from the man who not only had been married to a smaller woman but had dated smaller women and has told me straight faced that he can't tell I have lost anything. Since February I have went from 275 to 183 so far. Go figure.

From everything I'm hearing, it sounds like loosing weight changes a relationship. Whether the relationship survives that change or not depends on those involved, but it sure does seem like a stressor.

What surprises me is that I thought the weight–loser would be the one to leave after he or she regained some self-esteem. I'm surprised at how many partners change or want to leave.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, however. Relationships live in a state careful balance. When one of the partners changes, whether it be due to weight loss or gain, or mental or physical health (whether it is improved or it suffers) the balance is thrown off.

I'm just looking for a relationship in general hahaha

HW 332; CW 241; SD 02/28/2013; GW 175

I'm just looking for a relationship in general hahaha

Agreed!!! A relationship that's not total crap would be nice.

Just went on my first bike ride in about 2 months, but kicked after a miserable 30 minutes.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

Hi everyone!

Just wondering how all of you are doing. I have been through quite a bit these last few months. Dad had a heart attack' date=' right after my surgery complications. I was afraid it was me....them my mom ended up with heart issues in the er too. We drove up there to Vegas to see them. Then I have been struggling g so much with this surgery and all my other med problems. The kids school ending....blah blah blah....just craziness. How are you all doing? I started at 287 and am down to 194.2. Dr says 160 is the goal. So I have a couple days till I get my 75% weight lost. I'm so excited to eat veggies again,.. I'm still on Protein mostly....have had a few bites of "bad" foods though. Right now I am trying to get my Vitamins and protein back up on my list of priorities. I am so sorry for being MIA it is had with all the complications and family problems and med problems. I hope there are still friends here.....hugs

Kat[/quote']

Hi Kat,

I had been wondering about you. Glad to see you back on the forum.

From everything I'm hearing' date=' it sounds like loosing weight changes a relationship. Whether the relationship survives that change or not depends on those involved, but it sure does seem like a stressor.

What surprises me is that I thought the weight–loser would be the one to leave after he or she regained some self-esteem. I'm surprised at how many partners change or want to leave.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, however. Relationships live in a state careful balance. When one of the partners changes, whether it be due to weight loss or gain, or mental or physical health (whether it is improved or it suffers) the balance is thrown off.[/quote']

it's been my experience either grow together or grow apart.

I feel fortunate that my husband jumped right on the weight loss wagon once I had my surgery. One, too support me and two, because he to needed to loose weight. To date I have lost 70.7 lbs and he has lost 30 lbs. We both use My Fittness Pal and Map My Walk to help us along and keep us motivated. While we have only been together 10 years, we have seen our share of emotional and health related ups and downs. I was hospitalized 3 times two years ago for diverticulits,colon resection, mersa, and a fitula from the colon to the badder and my husband was diagnosed with stage 2 Prostate Cancer at age 47. I think we both felt that death was knocking on our door and we just weren't ready for that. This year has been a rebirth for both of us. Our children are happy and healthy, the youngest will be going off to College in January, our eldest just got a promotion and a girlfriend, and our middle daughter and son-in-law are expecting our first grandchild in December. 2013 has been wonderful to us. I can't wait to see what the second half of our life brings us. This forum has been so supportive to me as well. I look to you all for inspiration. You make me realize that I'm not alone in this journey...Thank you! I'm a happy girl!!!

BMI finally under 30!!! I think I can, I think I can!

Ladies I'm getting so frustrated. I had my surgery on 2/19 and lose 9lbs when I went in surgery n weighed 271 now today 8/2 I'm still 212 and stuck! I have upped my Protein, Water and exercise. This is the first time I have felt so down after this surgery. I really just need some encourage because now I'm feeling like a failure. How is everyone else losing weight. What are y'all eating. Give me some ideas I need help. I can't see my doc because I no longer have insurance

I'm in the same boat as well. I've lost 93 pounds and for the last month I've hit a wall and only lost a pound a week. I kicked up my Protein and exercise and it didn't work. I've been kind of down about it too...

I'm in the same boat as well. I've lost 93 pounds and for the last month I've hit a wall and only lost a pound a week. I kicked up my Protein and exercise and it didn't work. I've been kind of down about it too...

It's the hardest when we hit a wall because we lose all confidence n hope. I know that's how I feel. I know the scale will move again but when is the question *sigh*