Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I have a question for all of you:

How far along are you in your weight loss? I don't want to know exact number of pounds lost' date=' but I just noticed that it seems like most of us are about half-way to our goal weight. Some are closer to 2/3 of the way there, some are lagging a bit behind...

Would you mind sharing?

Cecilia (half-way there)[/quote']

Half way to personal goal not md chart goal

So I'm 206, my 50 pounds down is 205, my half way mark is 202.5, and, of course, I'm dying to get to 199.....so naturally for the last 2 weeks I'm at a total standstill...all sorts of goals just out of reach...I know it'll come but dammit couldn't the scale drop 1 stinking pound since I'm so close?!?!? Evil scale, EVIL.

I still feel like I look double their size. I don't know if this is acuate or just in my head but its very hard to be proud of a number if I can't see it when I can compare myself to people of the same weight and feel like I am no where near their sizes. Granted yes I was wearing a tight 24 at surgery and now am in 17/18 bottoms and a 16/18 swimsuit but when I look at pictures of me with them I still see huge me. They still see huge me. I honestly don't know if its all in my head or if it is how it really is. Anyone else having this issue?

I struggle with what I see in the mirror a lot. Some days I feel huge, other days I pat myself on the back. It's very tricky, isn't it? To me, it's clear that you have lost a TON of weight. You are also very curvy. It may be a case of your eyes being drawn to some parts of your body and not others... Or looking at yourself in a vanity mirror versus a full-length one. My eyes never see the same "me" twice.

The funny thing is that when I was 50 pounds heavier, I played the same games with myself. In the mirror I saw reasonably passable me some days, and "hippo" on other days. I just don't know what to make of it any more!

You and I are the same size and wearing the same size pants, but I'm not nearly as curvy as you, so my butt looks flatter and my waist thicker. A few inches of height can make a huge difference as well, or where you carry your weight.

Focus on the positive changes you see in your life. Check out this post: http://www.rnytalk.com/topic/9953-how-about-some-nsvs/ It keeps me motivated by not just looking at the numbers on the scales. And hang in there! We're all here with you!

I'm exactly 1/2 way to my goal weight. :)

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274. Current Weight 212- Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Apparently I jest needed to whine. 205 this morning so 50 down and 2.5 from 1/2 way!

I just think its harder for us to really see the changes maybe its the extra skin we see when naked I can see major changes but I keep saying if this fat and extra skin was gone look what a difference it would be. At my support group the other a couple of my friends said boy you just got up and ran across the room before it was a chore just to go into the building much less walk all through its a very large office it's an old hospital building so it's spread out. I now I fell so much better and can really tell a difference physically and can see the difference in my clothes and this didn't come on overnight I guess my biggest fans are my little grandson cause he notices everything he's 5 and my oldest grandsons friend that keeps commenting on how he can see me so much smaller he's funny the other day he's like dam granny you've lost so much

Update Fab Feb Friends I had my 3 month check up on my 5 month due to many schedule issues with MD.

Labs except for 1 are normal. MD not concerned with a low pre-albumin (indicator or Protein def). Not to low but early detection is the key...

He is happy with my 45 pound weight reduction (surg 2/6/13) and informed me that I will have a more difficult time after 6 month in losing wieght due to revision from band/band/bypass status.

I was told I will have to be very conscience about eating more Proteins and staying away from fruits, veggies and carbs for the last 38 pounds to get to goal because of the type of revision I had.

On a better note my hubby and I were able attend a support seminar on this trip (i.e., we live 100 miles away from my surgery location).

We really needed to hear the therapist that was giving this support meeting with regards to comparing ones self to other RNY's and/or Sleeves/band people. I think my husband and I learned quite a bit about the the head games that you can get caught up in throughout this process. The scale, the food, the body image, the mind games,etc....

Any who I am happy and feel GREAT have tons of energy :rolleyes:

Thanks for listening FAB FEB and supporting me :P

Surgery: 2-6-13

HW 250

SW 232

CW 187

GW 150 (tummy tuck and bat wing repair here I come!)

Size 20

Size 18

Size 16

Size 14

I have a question for all of you:

How far along are you in your weight loss? I don't want to know exact number of pounds lost' date=' but I just noticed that it seems like most of us are about half-way to our goal weight. Some are closer to 2/3 of the way there, some are lagging a bit behind...

Would you mind sharing?

Cecilia (half-way there)[/quote']

I'm about 60% towards goal... I am having difficulty at this point. Stuck stuck stuck.. Doing all the regular thing of upping Protein Water and exercise. The more I exercise the more I gain.. Humph!

I started out at 275 made it to 256 the day of surgery. Surgery was 2/25 and since than I am down to 189. My goal is more Fluid than most I suppose. I told myself I would consider anything between 200-150 good. I met the goal of 200 by my birthday and set a new goal of 175 by the time my kids start school at the end of August. I suppose I have done a good job losing the weight' date=' but here is where my problem lies. My mom and sister both weigh 189 and 188 and standinf next to them at the 4th of July I still feel like I look double their size. I don't know if this is acuate or just in my head but its very hard to be proud of a number if I can't see it when I can compare myself to people of the same weight and feel like I am no where near their sizes. Granted yes I was wearing a tight 24 at surgery and now am in 17/18 bottoms and a 16/18 swimsuit but when I look at pictures of me with them I still see huge me. They still see huge me. I honestly don't know if its all in my head or if it is how it really is. Anyone else having this issue?

The night before surgery

A few weeks ago

[/quote']

I think you look fabulous!! I totally understand that sometime we can't see ourselves as smaller. I have struggled with looking at pictures of myself as well. Some days I think I look super cute and other days I feel I look like a fat frump! Yesterday I saw a highs school friend in the store who I hadn't seen on about a year and she went on and on about how great I looked... It made me feel wonderful. I find that most people I see and work with don't comment on my weight loss. Regardless, I think just like we need to adjust to our new pouch our minds need to adjust too our new body's. we saw ourselves overweight for so long and this is a vey quick transformation compared to any weight loss most of us have experienced. Keep positive... You really look beautiful and think about how healthy you are too!

Getting my hair done and not completely repulsed by looking at myself in the mirror....baby steps!

Funny that you would mention hair...

I was just going to take a poll of how we all are doing with our hair. A few weeks ago I noticed a few of my hairs on the dash of the car. That's odd, because I don't usually shed, and when I do, it's in the Fall. My girlfriend and I joke about the "fall shed." Anyway, a while later I noticed a lot of hair in my hairbrush, and then, almost as if overnight, my hair was falling out. Every time I shower I get gobs of hair in the trap, and I can impress/freak out friends by running my hand through my hair and pulling out a dozen or more hairs each time. I looked in the mirror yesterday and noticed that I can "see in" an inch from my hairline.

I always had dramatic Hair loss after my pregnancies, and always grew it all back within a year, but it doesn't make it any less traumatic when it starts to fall out. I just have to remember that the advantage of fine hair is that it's super-easy to dry and style, and a little hairspray goes a long way. Still... bummer.

C

I've always shed a LOT so I haven't really noticed a difference

I have super thick hair, the thickest my hair dresser has seen in 20 years, yay me! About 3 months after my band, the shedding started, freakishly worse at my temples, it grew back, but one temple stayed thinner....around May (so 3 months post RNY) it started back up I can tell it's thinner, but it's still thick. My hairdresser even commented today on how much I'd lost since she did it last 6 weeks ago. Not worried unless I start getting bald Patches :D. I do hate finding hair all over all the time though!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 205

My hair is falling out BIG TIME. I'm trying not to let it bother me but it still does.

I'm down from HW 344 to 248. My goal weight range is between 187-157 so I still have a ways to go. Been a bit stalled for the last few weeks but noticing positive changes in my clothes so trying to focus on that. So thankful to this forum because it helps me stay focused on the positives.

At the blood drive I went to tonight two really awesome things happened: 1. My resting heart rate had dropped 30bpm and 2. They used a regular sized blood pressure cuff.

Plus, one of the ladies there told me that she just loves talking to me because I have such a positive aura. The last few years have been really tough in my life but it all started to turn around in August 2011 and hasn't stopped. This is the best my life has been in years and I am trying to stay focused on it getting even better!