Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Surgery Dates

New to this forum but I have been going through this process since october and now I have a date set for march 14, Iam so happy that I am doing this and I am reclaiming my life back. *_*

I was suppose to have my surgery this Monday.

Well I have a horrible sinus infection and strep throat UGH! So my surgery for Monday was canceled.

Now I have to wait to get it rescheduled again and because of work it won't e until layer on in March now.

I'm getting laid off in 2 weeks so I have to wait until after that to do my surgery. I had already done 1 week of a 2 week liquid diet so in a couple weeks I will have to start all over again.

I almost thought this was a sign and I told the dr that I no longer wanted the surgery. Then I realized how badly I wanted my life back so I decided I have it again. I think I was just an emotional wreck from not eating' date=' getting sick and nervous about the surgery.

Stay strong everyone and good luck to you all. I'm glad to see the post ops are doing well and I will update you guys on my new surgery date when I get.

That 2 week liquid diet is no joke.[/quote']

I am totally with you with "this is a sign I shouldn't have surgery". I had my egd yesterday and they found ulcers. It is not going to push back my date but I am on 6 pills a day for a month and surgery is in two weeks. Not sure how I will be able to continue the pills post op, they are huge! Also i am still waiting for my lab results. I said to myself this morning that if they come back with anything wrong I'm going to take it as a sign to not have the surgery. I don't know if this is due to my anxiety or what. I am a bundle of nerves and being at the hospital yesterday for the egd made it all worse. The hospital where I had mine done treated it like a mini surgery...I swear there were 7 people in the room when I went under! I have never had any surgery before and doing this surgery as my first is freaking me out. I need to somehow calm myself down and remember why I decided to do this in the first place.

I have been reading a ton about the EGD's that everyone seems to be having done. I am not required to do this and am a bit worried about it. Can someone explain why this is important? Thank you so much!

It's also called an endoscopy. To check your stomach lining and check for and viruses, ulcers, reflux disease etc. I said I had some acid reflux so they sent me for it. If you don't have any history problems, then maybe you don't need it :-)

HW 341 LW 214.2 CW 299.1 RNY 03/25/13

I have been reading a ton about the EGD's that everyone seems to be having done. I am not required to do this and am a bit worried about it. Can someone explain why this is important? Thank you so much!

I didn't have to get one done either :) I also don't have to do a sleep study.

I didn't have have to do a sleep study. Thank goodness!!

I went for my Pre-Admission today and I'm 299.1!! Woohoo! Found out my start weight was 341 (i thought it was 330) so I'm down a total of 42lbs… down 15 lbs from my Dec 14th visit!! Sooo excited!! :)

Where in Georgia? If its close to Jacksonville maybe we can have a couple of tablespoons of lunch together some day

Moving to Jonesboro at the end of june :-)

So I'm excited. Just got my final approval from the Dr and I check in on surgery day at 5 am and ill be the first person on the list for the day :) tomorrow is liquid diet start and off we go!! :) nervous and excited now!!

So I'm excited. Just got my final approval from the Dr and I check in on surgery day at 5 am and ill be the first person on the list for the day :) tomorrow is liquid diet start and off we go!! :) nervous and excited now!!

Don't worry, Gurlygirl, you'll do great!! I'm excited for you as well !!! :)

mayo is having me do this to for the diabetes issue among other issues. MS & MG

It's required to shrink liver. Loss of weight is expected by insurance and surgeon. They won't cancel. And if its 1-2 wks u may not lose more than 10pds

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13

I am worried about this too. I am a chugger and have not been able to stop. I know I will not be able to after but what if I forget!

I was told the pain we would have would remind us, as would other new reactions to bad foods or fast eating, therefore assisting us in retraining our way of doing things

New to this forum but I have been going through this process since october and now I have a date set for march 14' date=' Iam so happy that I am doing this and I am reclaiming my life back. *_*[/quote']

:-) Seconded Girl! :-)

I am totally with you with "this is a sign I shouldn't have surgery". I had my egd yesterday and they found ulcers. It is not going to push back my date but I am on 6 pills a day for a month and surgery is in two weeks. Not sure how I will be able to continue the pills post op' date=' they are huge! Also i am still waiting for my lab results. I said to myself this morning that if they come back with anything wrong I'm going to take it as a sign to not have the surgery. I don't know if this is due to my anxiety or what. I am a bundle of nerves and being at the hospital yesterday for the egd made it all worse. The hospital where I had mine done treated it like a mini surgery...I swear there were 7 people in the room when I went under! I have never had any surgery before and doing this surgery as my first is freaking me out. I need to somehow calm myself down and remember why I decided to do this in the first place.[/quote']

Hey, I and we understand. My ulcers were found (10) and I was treated and another EGD was done to verify they were gone 1-2 wks earlier. It's a sign that we shouldn't be taking certain things into our bodies ( like for me it's ibuprofen, naproxen, certain foods), so we need to be more careful.