Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hello All,

Sooo jealous of all the hard working teachers that will have the summer OFF!! You all deserve it!

I'm finally scheduled for a fill next Wednesday. I was working hard at not eating, but frankly it was too..hard. Early last week it was like a light switch had been turned on!! My OLD Appetite was BACK!!

I've struggled and struggled each night like I did for 40 freaking years.

Last night I came up with a short term solution!

I got the teeth whiten strips and when my worst time to eat at night comes around. I plaster those things on my teeth. I didn't eat last night and on my way to whiter teeth and a fill the 30th.:)

Morning all

I am having the same Constipation issues, and started eating veggies this week, so I don't know, i think I'm going to get some Fiber at the store today.

Ms Jen

I am pretty sure I have been having the same problem. I have had burning where my tubbing is, almost burns at times, and the other day i pressed on it while trying to rub the pain away and it suddenly went away. I don't know what I did but feel so much better.

Top of the morning to ya Violets!!!

I am having such a skinny day...I look great! It is red/white/and blue day (spirit week). I bought s few new things at Wallyworld last week, a red top and blue shorts. They were a little snug, but I thought, oh well, they'll fit soon. They fit today and they look cute, and my tummy is looking flat! That has always been my bad area, I am just having a great day. You know those, "skinny days". Gotta love 'em.

Hope everyone is doing well, and having great days too!

Skinny day? What's that? LOL!

Grats on the new outfit :(

We picked out the cakes we like, I didn't eat too much I don't think, just big enough bites to taste the combinations. I liked the almond pound cake with vanilla buttercream icing and raspberry filling. Yum yum!

I was 301lb this morning.. So no 200's yet! Fill is 6-6..aka not soon enough. Technically, according to doc and books we're not suppose to be working on losing weight till after first fill.. I'm heeeeealing. So, this 30lbs I've lost is just an incentive. Everytime I get frustrated about plateaus, I just remind myself I'm not suppose to be losing right now. Wonder what will make me feel better after I get filled?

Hi to you all. Well I know its been a while but boy have I been through a rough time!

As you might remember my port moved and my surgeon said that as a result I would have to have it changed. Anyway, I also got an infection when it moved so he put me on antibiotics for 10 days. I was so sick, I dont think I was ever as sick in my whole life. The antibiotics really drained me. I had temperatures of 103 and was in so much pain.

I finished the antibiotics last Thursday and had an appointment to see my surgeon on Monday. The infection was gone and since finishing the antibiotics I was feeling so much better. Anyway the surgeon decided to leave the port where it is as it is not bothering me at all now.

I asked for a fill as I was starting to feel hungry and it was 4 weeks since my op. He gave me a 1cc fill and it has made a small difference to my hunger. I am feeling so much better and full of energy and can still say that I have no regrets getting the band.

I have started walking for 30 minutes every day and my clothes are starting to hang off me!!

Its good to be back in the land of the living again and I look forward to sharing the highs and lows with you all!!

Brenners xx

Welcome Back Brenners~ We've missed you. Sounds like you went through a hell of a time...wow. So glad you are up and running again. Please keep us posted!

Good Thursday Morn-- whoops! AFTERNOON, Violets~~

Wow... time flies! Yikes! Where is today going?

Teach -- glad to "hear" from you & so glad that dh is doing well. Enjoy Canada!

Pam -- Yay, a skinny day! Haven't had one here lately, but I'm hoping I'll know it when it does arrive!

Brenners -- wow, what a start to banded life! Glad to see that you're still happy w/your decision & are ok now!

Laura -- that cake combo sounds yum! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Househuntress -- What a fantastic idea!! Very creative!!

Jennifur & others -- re: Constipation issues (which I've been having a bit, too, w/this liquid diet... really, every few days or so I wonder where I got enough "material" to create a poop... all I'm doing is DRINKING! for goodness sake... hmmmmmmm)... I picked up a 6-pack of these teeny tiny cute little cans of prune juice to have on hand if it goes on too long... haven't had to pop one open yet, but it's good to know it's there if I do... (sorry if tmi!)

Ok... Day something... I'm losing count!... it's....... (counting on calendar)... 11! ~~ OMG -- so that means only 4 TO GO! When that dawned on me just now I whipped my head around to check the calendar -- ow... I think I got a crick in my neck doing that! 4 MORE DAYS! Aye Yie Yie!

Doing well w/liquids now... it's just what I do now. Got my whey Gourment Smooth PB chocolate Protein powder in yesterday... I did not realize that it would be in a gargantuan tub! It barely fits in the cabinet! I also ordered the Cookies 'n Cream (w/out having tried it first, but it sounded good) & had one this a.m.... it's ok... definitely NOT as good as the PBC... but ok... nice change from choc & van plain.

Have a busy tomorrow & weekend... I'm the Book Fair Chair @ the kids' ES & have to set up the BOGO Fair tomorrow... then it's game 1 of ds's soccer tourny weekend tomorrow night... whoever scheduled THAT is crazy -- making soccer parents drive on Mem'l Weekend Fri eve??? That's just cruel... Then it's soccer Sat AND Sun... + our annual neighborhood Block Party/BB! on Sun (which my family is one of the 3 "host" families that started this 3 years ago, so we HAVE to be there)... my plan for the BBQ is to make up a couple pitchers of Crystal Light and maybe freeze a couple containers of it so I can have it as a "icee" type thing (digging @ it w/a spoon may entertain me, I hope) + have lots on hand to drink... I figure if I keep mingling all around maybe no one will notice that I'm not actually eating -- they'll all think I ate earlier w/someone else! OH -- AND one of my best friends is moving back to our town (in MD) from St. Louis after 4 years away... they bought a new house in a nearby development & I'm going to go over on Sat morning and put up balloons & sprinkle confetti along the sidewalk & put a sign on the door, etc.... can you tell I'm excited she's coming back??

I guess all that is my way of explaining that I probably won't be on here much 'til Monday... and then that's the day before surgery!!! Calgon, take me away!

But I procrastinate... I must go now & CLEAN MY HOUSE... I must!

Everyone have a great weekend if I don't get back here 'til Monday!! And if you all are out & about having fun all weekend & don't get back on here 'til Tuesday -- PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR THOUGHTS ON TUESDAY MORNING (7:30am surgery time)!!!!!!!!! I need the Purple Power of ALL the Violets in Tights!!

Love you guys!!!

Hi GR8

Just noticed you are one of us Virginians doing the LapBand. How long were you in the hospital and did you have to go on all liquids 2 wks before. I will have my surgery 28 Jun in Richmond.

Take care,

Geesh.. its already 2:30 p.m. and I'm making my first post of the day!

I am so tired........... my sis and my mom loaded my english friend up with all kinds of stuff............ She was so overwhelmed.. this morning she was just giddy as she entered my office. Among the booty she procured was a Bicycle, Lamps, 2 (really nice) wingback chairs (that also recline) small TV, boxes and boxes of kitchen STUFF...... from siliverware to tupperware..... even a mini george forman grill and a huge crockpot!

We are going back this weekend to pick up a dresser and chest of drawers....... My sister ended up dumping the seats out of her van and hauled the big stuff and me in my truck filled with the bike and boxes.....

Dbf can't understand why I've taken this woman under my wing.. he teasingly asked if I was in love with her or something...... kind of ticked me off.. but he is not a person that does things for people outside the family... truthfully I can't explain it either.

1st, the DON turned her away for a C.N.A. job and that pissed me off because she is WAY over qualified for the job, especially when the last 5 she has hired were less qualified and already are having a hard time showing up for the 3 days a week they are required to work, while *English* has walked to work and not missed a day or been late ONCE.

2nd..... She could take the easy way out and go back across the pond, but yet she is fighting to stay here because she loves it and wants to buy her own home and have a "proper" english garden.

3rd...... She has already told me that she plans to give any extra *stuff* away to her neighbor who is a single mom that now has cancer and worse off than she........

4th.... She has overcome her level of deafness and thrives in spite of it, and even met Princess Dianna one year at a Gala (Something about she was recognized as a deaf business owner) She said that Dianna told her. "You speak very well for being deaf." She was at the Royal wedding and Dianna's funeral....... (She is very interesting to talk to)

At any rate, no matter what happens with her employment here.. I will know that she at least has some "STUFF" that is soley hers. Afterall.. a girl needs her STUFF!

Just checking in before I check out for a few days. We are off to a rally in the mountains. It will be cold...will likely rain...and we will have fun in spite of it all!!! It is a beautiful place, we like the runs they do---provided the weather cooperates. I intend on buying some new leather this year, my old coat and chaps hang on me!!! Yeah I get to buy a smaller cow!!! This rally is going to be the first for our friends, and it has a tendency to get a little rowdy---so we never stay right in town, we stay at a small town about 30 miles away. It is strongly attended by the Bandidos!!! Who leave you alone, if you leave them alone---which I intend on doing! We will hit one down south in mid July, and then take them to Sturgis. We are only doing these to accustom them abit!! It could be interesting! It is a 6 hour ride, and the weather is not looking cooperative, so hoping for the best!

If anyone is interested in the clothes I mentioned, PM me-----and I'll think of you all---hope you are out enjoying the holiday weekend. Be safe, have fun!!!!

Kat

Don't worry bout them Bandido's!!!!! (Most bikers... even the 1% clubbers, aren't bad people even if they look like they are.)

Hell, I've had people click their door locks when I've pulled up next to them..... and I just laughed!

Have fun, bundle up and becareful!

Slow doings around here today. We all must be busy out in RL!

Tracy, what a wonderful thing you are doing for this woman... what a heart you have... she is lucky to have found you!

Kat, have fun this weekend..."buy a smaller cow"... hee hee hee!

Riddle me this, violets... pickle juice is a liquid, right?? Cuz I actually had a few spoonfulls tonight... tasted just like a pickle... I must be going off the deep end!... you should've seen the looks on my kids' faces! Priceless!

G'night!

hey everyone

still jobless here. LOL ok not so funny but anyway, so nice outside here doing lots of yard work, and got the pool completely open today, so excited.

Anyway, I found this great thing at our supermarket, I am so picky but found this great green giant vege thing, you know the ones in the box with sauces. I found broc, red pep, peas in a chinese sauce. 50cals per serving, 2 servings per box. they have a little kick but very good , quick and easy.

I hope everyone is having a great night