Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ahhhh I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I've worked long and hard at my job and it's finally paid off...well it paid off a long time ago even lol, but even more so now....

I started my job as a Utilization Review Nurse in August 2003- within 4 months I was promoted to a Supervisor. I worked as a Supervisor for about 1 1/2 yrs, then was promoted to Operations Supervisor. I've done that for a while now and in March my boss quit. I always said that I didn't want her job, simply because I was content in my own job and didn't want the responsibility of her job. However after being approached about it on numerous occassions, I decided to give in and broaden my skills and training. It's going to take a lot of work on my end, and many seminars, networking, etc., but I've been promoted to the "Director of Managed Care". Lots and LOTS more $$ too!!! Yay me! bouncey.gif

Bad news is that I ate WAY too much today. For dinner - in one sitting, which shows me that I have no restriction what so ever, despite the fact that I'm never really hungry. I planned on eating a little bit, but omg it was SO yummy. I made crockpot baby back ribs with a home made rootbeer BBQ Sauce that I found online. I ate about 4-6 ounces of them, then I had a few bites of a baked potatoe, then I ate 2 artichokes. Thankfully you don't get much off those little leaves, but STILL! Ahhhh I even feel too full. I need to be more careful and stop cooking such yummy food for the family! LOL

Denise~ YUM YUM YUMMY...I'll be over tomorrwo!

Kity - The problem is, I ATE IT ALL! LOL

*sigh* Well so much for being in the 230's...I'm sure tomorrow I'll be back up to like 243...live and learn (and quit eating so much Denise!)

Good Evening Violets!

It took me a full 30 minutes to catch up with everyone, I wasn't on the computer much today.

Angie - thanks for sharing your marvelous ring, it's a keeper!

This is your wedding and you invite whoever you want. Don't second guess yourself, I think it is wonderful that you quickly and clearly responded and I admire that you can set boundaries. That is a wonderful character trait.

I had an interesting??? experience. I had my first PB. Yuck! I wasn't stuffing myself, but I did eat while cooking some hamburger, and must not have chewed enough, or ate more than I thought. Old habits die hard. It all went into the garbage. Other than that this has been a great day. Good eating, good exercise, and a good activity level.

Well, PB'ing is survivable, but not a feeling I'd sign up for daily.

Kat - your party sounds wonderful. It is those life celebrations that make memories. I second the Oriental Trading Company, but lots of the party stores have great luau and jungle stuff. Have a blast planning and decorating.

Mal - you are doing a really good thing here. Cheers! The band is a wonderful tool, it makes all the difference to making lifestyle changes.

Hugs to you all, you are in my thoughts and prayers - it is amazing how close I feel to you. Blessings.

HEY TERRY-I think I am getting my second fill in another week(first one was 5 days ago)...

This is the first I've heard of OMNIPAQUE... is that like "fix-a-flat" for tires???? Thick, and sticky so that it gums up/stops any slow leaks????

Did they let you check out this Fluid? What consistency does it compare with?? Is this being used in other places, longer than here(USA)??? How should it react to one's body if it leaks at all?

Any way hope it is great for your band issue. Good luck!

Denise~I ate too much today too. AGAIN...What the f*&^...I can't believe myself. I did work out for 65 minutes, but then ate ate ate. Tomorrow, I can't workout, so it am not overeating (I hope).

Hi All,

I havent forgotten you all!!

Been working away a lot lately, my diets not been brillant either (the resturant food and red wine is a killer!!).

I'm off to France till Sunday on a mini break, so Im looking forward to getting away for a few days.

Hope everyones ok, I'll log on again on Sunday and try and catch up!

Take care everyone xxxxxx

Love Sara xx

Hi all, I got my first fill yesterday, it was nothing! I felt nothing, first they froze it, then put in the silicone. I am not quite sure how much, it was supposed to be I think .5, and they did .7 , or one told me 7. I dont know for sure.

They told me I was doing so well they had nothing to say to me, just keep doing whatever I am doing! And, they said they might put me on a poster!!

I did have where the port is since the surgery, a very hard spot. The port was always sticking out. Well, when they put the needle in it, Fluid came out because they said there was scar tissue there. They told me to put some mineral oil on it for a couple of weeks to soften it up, and last night I did, and this morning I cant even feel where it is!!

They said that I should not need another fill for 6-8 weeks or beyond. I really have not felt any different yet.

I told them I have done so well, thanks to my wonderful support group of all of yous!!

Good Wednesday Morning, Violets!~~

LAURA -- What Schexy said is EXACTLY what I MEANT... sorry it didn't translate that way! I meant looking back w/ happy memories of that time AND a 20 years of marriage... how far we've come... travels, homes, kids... y'know... the stuff of life! It's all good!

Everyone sounds good... I'm much better, I'm happy to report. I've kind of mellowed out I guess... just doing what I'm supposed to be doing and biding my time 'til Tuesday!

Funny story: Last night I was chewing my Viactiv choc Multivitamin (what a wonderful invention!) and my dh saw me chewing and jumped all over me and said "What are you eating!?" and I just smiled & kept chewing and he's all "You're not supposed to be eating anything!" and I said it was my Vitamin & he didn't believe me (well, I guess after years of me cheating on diets, he has a point!) so I had to show him the box! We laughed after. I told him I've been 100% perfect and that I wasn't blowing this chance! I think he is proud of me... yep... changes they are a'blowin in the wind!

Have a great day, everyone... I have a busy one so probably won't be back 'til later tonight! "Splish Splosh!"

HEY TERRY-I think I am getting my second fill in another week(first one was 5 days ago)...

This is the first I've heard of OMNIPAQUE... is that like "fix-a-flat" for tires???? Thick, and sticky so that it gums up/stops any slow leaks????

Did they let you check out this Fluid? What consistency does it compare with?? Is this being used in other places, longer than here(USA)??? How should it react to one's body if it leaks at all?

Any way hope it is great for your band issue. Good luck!

Yeah, it's kinda like fix-a-flat in the sense that if there is any porosity to the band, this liquid is too thick to get thru it.

It is not a fluid that's main function is to prevent leakage in lap bands. It's primary function is as a contrast medium for various internal exams using x-ray technology. (Like your barium swallow fluid is used in the fluoroscope.) My doc says the risk is not so much to the person but to the band. There aren't any long-terms studies on it's affect on the band itself. He has used it for several years (as other docs have) with no ill affects to date. I tried to google it with regard to lap band but didn't really find anything. As a contrast medium there's a bajillion hits so lots to read if you're interested in the fluid itself.

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!

DENISE: CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION! Yay YOU!!!!!!! Those ribs sound DELICIOUS!

My scale did not budge for me.... man oh man do I want those 230's for my June 1 pic. Aunt Flo should be arriving today or tomorrow, so crossing my fingers that I have a good losing week because of her.

It is supposed to rain all day, but I've decided that if it is not raining when I get off work I will go for DAY 3 of walking...... DFB is flying home tonight so we will be off to the airport at 10:00 p.m. to pick him up....

Have a great day everyone............ go get that glass of water!

Hi TracyinKS

I would love to join your group and post my weight loss. I was banded April 30th 2007 and I started at 268 and now am 251, I lost 17lbs! I am at a plateau for over a week now, a little frustrating, but I am sure it will come off eventually. Not scheduled for fil until June 21st. How do I join your group of shrinking violets?

Thanks

Welcome Smyly! You've just joined! Jump in and chat away...we are a chatty bunch.

Where is Judy? Hope everything is ok.

Terry~ How is day 2 w/ the big fill? What are you eating? I am so noisey (spspsp).

Tracy~ Wow, rain...I'd kill for some rain. Gonna be 95 here today, which is nice, but rain sounds good...on the couch...with a movie...and some popcorn...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

WELCOME SMYLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting ready for Glass #3 of water....... No rain to speak of yet.. looks like I'll be walking tonight!

Where is everyone today??????

It's 90's here too. And in the office it feels 40 degrees! I keep dressing for warm weather and forgetting to bring a jacket in. I think I mentioned how I'm normally ALWAYS hot, so I love our house and office being cold cold.. but since banding, I've been COLD! It's crazy. Fiance keeps complaining about it being 80 in the house, and I feel fine..

Anyway, we're about to go do our cake testing. My period is crazy since banding, I don't know if maybe I'm not regulated again yet by my bc. I've been on BC since I started periods because I was out of whack. I would have extremely heavy days for 2 months at a time, off 1 week, repeat. It was miserable. I haven't been off of BC since I was 13, so being off for 3 weeks for surgery...Bleeding heavy right out of surgery for 1.5 weeks.. off a week.. now I've been consistently bleeding crazy heavy ever since. I started back on BC 2 weeks ago, and it's not helped yet :grouphug:

My mom had tumors in her uterus (we have same gyno), and before she had her hysterectomy a couple months ago the doctor gave her something that stops your period.. I was hoping mom had some left, but she thinks she threw it out.. I don't want to have to go to my gyno right now, my insurance only pays for once a year. Grrr!!

And if I may be candid, it's really affecting my sex life! I've been extremely 'antsy' since banding, I don't know why, so for the week I had 'off', we were like rabbits! And now I'm having to go back to being frigid.

Congrats on the promotion! And the ribs sound sooooo good.. I want ribs now :)

Everyone keep up the good work with Water and exercise! On that note, I'm leaving for cake testing LOL!