Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies? How is everyone doing? I just got back from Chicago, awesome city! It was gorgeous and I didn't want to leave! Anyone here from Chicago? We are planning to go back at the end of August and hopefully the Water will be warm enough to swim in.

I am up one pound from before I left. Yay me. I did really good with my eating while I was on vacation. I stuck to the rules and made sure I had time to eat. I really thought I was going to go crazy, with not having a set schedule and just being able to graze all day. But I didn't. I started my period today so hopefully that one pound I gained is just water retention. I do feel severly bloated.

Thank you all for your comments and advice on my situation with my boyfriend. Nothing has been said or done since I just arrived here but I did have alot of time in Chicago with my mom and my two sisters to talk about this and figure out my course. I will keep you posted on what happens.

I will have to go back and read all the pages and pages and pages of posts so that I can catch up with everyone's lives... Will post more tomorrow...

Love you all... Have a good night...

Does anyone have the same problem/issue as me? First, sorry for TMI, but please read and answer if you can help......Since starting all the Protein intake, extremely low carbs, low fat, etc etc, I have noticed that BMs are not the normal easy-going thing. It's more like pebbles or clumps, and not every day. I know not every day BMs is normal with our "new" diet, but what about the fact that it's kinda hard, need to strain, and small amount? I thought about maybe trying to get in a lot more Fiber but I don't know how to do that or if it would just bind me up more? Or maybe I should just start taking stool softeners? But can you take those forever?

Not sure what to do, so I thought I'd turn to my shrinking violet banded friends. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Bandedme

4/5/07

262/227/155

I was told you can never go wrong with fiber!!! My Dr. suggested if it was a problem, to use benefiber, and get lots of Water. Actually---he said to up my water intake, and if that didn't help to try the benefiber!

There are several threads on it, with solutions others have found. You are not alone out there!!!

I think the concensus is that it is a real shi#&y problem!!!

Kat

Hi Bandedme,

I was wondering the same thing. Someone please answer and let us know. Lol.

Thanks

Awww Tracy---she found her an angel in Leavenworth KS---it is where she was supposed to be!!! Let me know if there is any way I can help from NM.

And Laura---I was living it, and didn't get it, until he said it. His sister always gave us a hard time about us kissing the ground one another walked on...so it fit!!!

Kat

WARNING!!! SPOILER FOR AMERICAN IDOL! HIGHLIGHT ***ONLY*** IF YOU WANT THE WINNER:

JORDAN.. DUH

Hi Haydee! I've always wanted to go to Chicago. I have a dear friend that lives in a beautiful house there....don't know why I haven't made the trip yet! I keep saying "someday"! I know that whatever happens with your boyfriend it will be the best for you. You seem like a strong and beautiful woman and you deserve the best life has to offer. Don't ever sell yourself short!!

Tracy - Ditto what Kat said. I think she was meant to be in Kansas just so you could be her angel. You are the sweetest thing to help her the way you have. Does she need clothes?? What size? We've got all sizes around here!! :)

rain sounds good...on the couch...with a movie...and some popcorn...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

OMG Kity! Are you still able to eat popcorn? ?????? I LOVE it, but I haven't eaten it since my band! :think

And if I may be candid, it's really affecting my sex life! I've been extremely 'antsy' since banding, I don't know why, so for the week I had 'off', we were like rabbits! And now I'm having to go back to being frigid.

Congrats on the promotion! And the ribs sound sooooo good.. I want ribs now :D

Everyone keep up the good work with Water and exercise! On that note, I'm leaving for cake testing LOL!

Laura,

The best things that I've ever done for ME:

1) Go to college - Nursing school

2) Get my Lap Band

3) Have my hysterectomy

LOL! :)

Does anyone have the same problem/issue as me? First, sorry for TMI, but please read and answer if you can help......Since starting all the Protein intake, extremely low carbs, low fat, etc etc, I have noticed that BMs are not the normal easy-going thing. It's more like pebbles or clumps, and not every day. I know not every day BMs is normal with our "new" diet, but what about the fact that it's kinda hard, need to strain, and small amount? I thought about maybe trying to get in a lot more fiber but I don't know how to do that or if it would just bind me up more? Or maybe I should just start taking stool softeners? But can you take those forever?

Not sure what to do, so I thought I'd turn to my shrinking violet banded friends. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Bandedme

4/5/07

262/227/155

Hi there! I have the SAME exact problem. I am getting better though - I'm making sure that I get plenty of Water (dehydration can cause constipation), and plenty of fiber rich food. :)

Laura~ thanks for the AI spoiler...I am happy!!!

Denise~I eat popcorn, have not had any trouble w/ any food, yet.

I am so pissed, I was going to get my fill next Wed. at 2:30. My principal added this meeting, so when I tried to change my appointment, they said, there were no openings until 6-6! I died...I don't want to wait. So, I work about 3 blocks from the surgeon and will run there on my prep period (I get an hour 1/2 off everyday from 10:30-12, includes lunch). I am not thrilled, but did not want to wait. Just don't want to feel rushed.

Ready for this one, today one of my 8th grade girls came up to me and shocked me w/ a buzzer. It hurt. You gotta love middle school teachers this time of year...the kids SUCK...no other way to put it. I love 'em, but they make you want to drink at 8am...what a day. No wonder I sleep like a baby!

Hope all my violets had better days.

Tracy~ Straight to heaven, girl! Proud of you, proud to know you!

Judy~ Welcome back and goodbye! Have fun in Canada, and tell your hubby we are glad he is in bandland, and that he is an honorary violet!!!!

Night violets!

I've had this strange pain/sensation on my right side since Sunday. I thought I had some how pulled a muscle as I was walking. Then I thought it was gas. So I haven't walked for a few days. Today I called dr's office and spoke with the nurse and she said to hurry in , maybe it's the gall bladder.

Long story short I met with the np and not the nurse and it was the tubbing from the band. She said that I was loosing so much weight that it had come to the surface. She the had me fell aroung my stomach and I can actually feel the whole tube from the band to the port. Then I was told that the tubbing probably was resting on some nerve and I was ok. They can go in and re-route it if it continues to bother me. For right now I say no. I'll just have to wait and see I I feel after a few weeks, it might move again and I won't be able to feel it. Strange huh?

Anyone else have this feeling???

Kity - I swear those middle school kids don't know which end is up and the response was always - "Just kidding!" I taught 31 years at the middle school (now retired) and most of the time was with special education students. Finally, I switched to ESL or ELA or in eduction we called the group JOB (just off the boat). Giggles. I loved those kids, everything was new and exciting! Especially the kids that had just arrived. Amazing how quickly they were expected to learn the language. Yes, it was English only, which is what I think works. I couldn't imagine going to China and being expected to be competent in the language in one year.

I am so impressed with some of your weight losses. Today I struggled with my commitment. I really shouldn't be waiting around to lose weight it causes me anxiety. I imagine that I'm hungry when I can't possibly be - so it's head hunger. Even going to the gym isn't enough diversion. I think I'll get my resume together and teach part time at a private school or something for a year.

Hugs all you Violets - welcome Smyly!

Mini~ I teach ELD at the middle school, and ESL at the junior college. It is tough, but I love it. I also run meetings for the Spanish speaking parents, ELAC, to get/keep them involved! We are all are just counting down now...12 more days, then the entire summer off!!!

Good Morning fellow Shrink'n Violets..

We're packed and ready to head to Canada. Everyone have a great weekend. Relax, enjoy the time off and remember to follow those bandster rules!!

DH is doing well today. It's a major event to get all his meds down in 10 minute intervals, but hopefully with about 50# off he'll be done with a lot of his meds. :clap2:

See ya all Tuesday!!