Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Love the ring, Laura! Mine is similar... seeing it on you & hearing all your excited plans brings back the thrill of wearing my ring for the first times... I've had it on so long that it's become a part of me & I tend to forget it's there... but you made me really look at it again & remember back when... 21 years ago! ;) ... when I got it and was young & idealistic & the world was my oyster... I'm so happy for you! What exciting adventures await you!

YAY TRACY FOR WALKING!!!

I walked again this eve, too!!

2 days in a row!

Yay us!!

Woot! Woot!

mdrai- I feel a sense of sadness in you saying that.. are you tellin me in 21 years, I'll look back at the delusions of grandeur?

gah, and congrats you guys on exercising.. remember friday i said 'starting monday im gonna start working out'

Hm.. tuesday is now gone and I still haven't. I'm so busy, and so exhausted! Everyday for the past week and half, my lunchbreak is doing a meeting with a new wedding vendor. Tomorrow is cake lady.. sample tasting.. ut oh.. gonna gain 50lbs tomorrow. Is it impolite to spit it out like a wine tasting??

hi all

just checking in quickly, I did something bad today, I ate way too much and was not full, I hope it is PMS that is causing my cravings the ability to eat or else I'm here, in bandster hell. I am really sad about this because i had no problem eating for the first time.

I have an appt on the 12th, pray for a fill!

Laura - I think I know what MDRAI meant by looking at the ring and thinking back... my 12th anv. is this month, and I do the same thing: occationally look at, and I mean really look at, my ring and get swept back to when I was young and excited and sooooo in love and the proposal/engagement/wedding/ and even the honeymoon... wonderful memories. but in the reality of life these days, they're just not things you think about all the time, but occationally the ring takes you back... in a wonderful way.

Regarding the cake tasting.... I would taste only the ones I would seriously consider based on my already-known preferences, and then really taste them. Enjoy it. Savor it. Then go work out!

schexy- good in theory, but.. im not really a cake connesuer (spspspspsp) so I looked at her website menus, and it's all greek to me. I know I like buttercream.. but she does the fondaut icing things, I might want that, but not if it tastes bad.. so I wanna try that.. have no clue what I want the bread to be (she has a ton of options.. i dont like almond, banana, etc..) so I don't know what the white bread is I like.. and then filling... no clue, I don't want a fruit filling, and she mentioned dont do buttercream filling and icing, but.. thats what I think I'd like.. who knows.

schexy- good in theory, but.. im not really a cake connesuer (spspspspsp) so I looked at her website menus, and it's all greek to me. I know I like buttercream.. but she does the fondaut icing things, I might want that, but not if it tastes bad.. so I wanna try that.. have no clue what I want the bread to be (she has a ton of options.. i dont like almond, banana, etc..) so I don't know what the white bread is I like.. and then filling... no clue, I don't want a fruit filling, and she mentioned dont do buttercream filling and icing, but.. thats what I think I'd like.. who knows.
Laura -- you crack me up! You're such a picky eater...no telling WHAT kind of cake you'll end up with!! Fruit fillings are good!! pineapple, raspberry and lemon are yummy! It's usually not a whole lot of filling...just a small taste mixed with buttercream usually...so don't rule it out until you've tasted it! And it makes the cake so elegant... wait....stop!

I can't talk about this anymore. I'm on fluids today and I would LOVE to sink my teeth into some cake right now. ANY kind of cake!

Laura~ Your ring is georgous. Susanne and I just ordered our committment rings a month before surgery. I told the jewler about my pending surgery. I picked up the ring, and about 5 days later it was too big (gotta love that liquid diet). We returned and he put in a large 14K gold ring sizer. I hate that it covers up one vertical row of diamonds, but at least it fits. He said the ring sizer is best because if you keep getting it resized, it starts to lose integrity of the band. Anyway, if you go to a jewler and order a 14k gold one, you won't have the problems you mentioned. Congrats again!

Kat~the party sounds fun! When is it? Enjoy the ride.

Damn, I forgot everything I've read. Good for you on walking Tracy...feels so good when it is over. I finished my college classes tonight!! That feels great. Now I only have 1 job! I swear I feel 10 pounds lighter...i wish.

This weekend, Susanne and I are going to Phoenix to visit her mom. I am looking forward to the visit, but her mom makes some kick ass amazing German food (they moved to USA when Susanne was 20). I talked to her mom (my MIL for the thread) the other day, and she said, "I am looking forward to seeing you guys, I've got the oven preheating..." I will have to take many walks, between meals. I AM SO READY FOR MY FILL!!!

Hope Judy's hubby is well.

Terry~ When you say you feel it...can you really feel it? I know that is a stupid question, but can you? Or is it just the smoothie and the 45 min to drink it that you feel. You are gonna drop the weight now...congrats and keep us posted!

Have a good night!

Pamela - This time I really felt it! The first fill I had I didn't feel a thing. This time I had a little esophageal spasm immediately after the fill (before I even got to the fluro) and then later a little soreness...reminiscent of those first post surgery days. But it didn't last long and now I'm fine. The test will be when I start eating solids again.

Terry,

How do they know how much is in there and how much is gone? I get my first fill hopefully thursday, not worried about pain, but find the whole thing odd. Do they think your band or the port/tubing is leaking? You are doing great!!!

Jane

So speaking of which.. here it is..

lalaengagementring.jpg

OMG your ring is SO pretty!!!! That is just beautiful Laura! Congratulations...what a wonderful feeling being in love is. I met the love of my life finally (after my divorce), and we've been married 3 years (as of the 30th of this month). He is so wonderful...I love him dearly...can't believe it took me over 35 yrs to find him LOL

Congrats again! You're going to look beautiful in your dress. :banana

congrats on the good fill terri! I can NOT wait till June 6th!!!!!!!!!

Kity- I called the local jeweler, he said they have something for 10 dollars that sizes it, I imagined what you're talking about.. then fiance said they are made of plated metal (i am highly allergic to metals except the good ones), so I figured for 10 bucks he's probably right and it would make my finger swell and break out.. so we went to Walmart to get the plastic tube ones.. and they were sold out.. what friggin luck.. so I went to the pet dept. and bought a thin aquarium hose.. cut it up, put it on there and I'm able to wear my ring now! I know it's a trashy thing to do to my engagement ring but I want to wear it! And the jeweler told me what you did about the integrity, which is why I'm holding off on resizing.. I know myfinger will shrink more by then (it better!).

So.. I did a bad thing tonight. I can't take it back and just scheming damage control. Fiance lived in OH with some friends for a year.. the friends were good friends of mine too..going to keep this story simple.. 2 males became good friends of both of ours.. one moved to Alabama (few hours from us), and one stayed in OH. There was also a lady involved, who I hated and she always tried to ruin our relationship (and succeeded early on) cause she liked him, but she was roommate of the guy still in OH. When making our guest list, he never mentioned them. I wanted the guys to be there, so without trying to bring up weird memories, I just e-mailed both guys tonight letting them know about the wedding and where to send an invite. The one in AL has a girlfriend now, I knew her and she's welcome to come (I read wedding etiquette on inviting cohabitential-new word, and long term partners). So then the one in OH, wrote back very excited and happy for us, and he'll definitely be there, and will invite 'the whole gang... unless there's someone you don't want there' (He knows). Well, I didn't plan for 'the whole gang' and frankly, I don't remember anyone else up there. So I wrote back quickly, it's a fancy wedding, if it was a simple casual one, everyone and anyone would be invited, but since this is a fancy wedding, I'm only inviting you..how akward and snobby does that sound?! Now I feel horrible. I didn't know the right thing to say. Now I wonder if this is why fiance didn't put them on the list.. cause it would bring the drama. Now that same 'lady' up there is going to have a conniption because guy in OH will likely say 'laura didn't want anyone else up here invited'. :help: :faint:

Terry,

How do they know how much is in there and how much is gone? They keep careful records! also when you get a fill, they take the 1st one out to see how much Fluid is in there. So my first fill I got 1.5cc's put in. Today she withdrew it and found there was only .8cc's left. She topped it off to 2 cc's.

I get my first fill hopefully thursday, not worried about pain, but find the whole thing odd. Do they think your band or the port/tubing is leaking? Nobody knows where the saline goes. It is technically termed "unexplained loss of band fluid". I guess there are theories, but nobody has proven anything. With the thicker Omnipacque fluid there isn't the same problem with leakage.

You are doing great!!! I appreciate that...but I'm not doing anything special !! I'm just like everybody else here!

Jane

I'm hungry. I'm going to bed!!! ;)