Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I just noticed your updated picture -- you are looking sooo goood. There is a big difference in your face!

Have a great weekend!

Gina

Thank you SO much Gina! After I took that picture I was whining to my hubby that I couldn't tell a difference "I've ONLY lost 15 lbs in a month...I can't even tell that I've lost weight...I haven't lost anymore....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" LOL...whine whine whine....so thank you for noticing....my hubby was right I guess! I just can't WAIT until I get a fill...I hate being stuck with no more weight loss :faint:

Maureen, thanks for the info...i will give it a try! Congrats on being in band-land! Good luck with your journey.

Denise...I can also see a difference in your pic!! You are looking great! Keep up the good work!

Had my 1st PB today :drum: Most unpleasant.

Had my 1st PB today :tea: Most unpleasant.

Terri,

I'm sorry you had to go through that...I haven't had one YET and I don't WANT to experience it. What were you eating at the time? Or was it a matter of eating too fast or too much?? I don't ever want to go through that!

I hope that you're feeling better, and resting your tummy with liquids and mushies for the next day or so... :drum:

Hey guys, just checking in to say.. well, obviously you were right Terri! My PB's are not painful and a big to do, I just burp up the food and spit it out.. I guess I have 2 different PB's.. one is this. The other is when I just feel stuck and that's when I panic and feel paralyzed.. that one DOES make me stop eating. The first one just reminds me to slow down and chew!

Anyway, I have been real lax on my food lately, I guess I'm getting use to being able to eat 'normal', so I am making bad choices. Tomorrow I'm back on the damn wagon!!!! Time to make better choices even if I'm not filled. The plus side of all of this, which I am extremely proud, is I still have not had a coke since 1 month pre-op.

That makes it 2 months coke free now! I have never in my life, even in all my dieting, gone that long without just 1 mt. dew.

I'm really proud of myself for this, I was so addicted.. am I guess, but I'm too terrified of what carbonation would do to risk it, and I just hope I keep being scared!

, but I'm too terrified of what carbonation would do to risk it, and I just hope I keep being scared!

I am not a soda drinker, but I do maybe once or twice a month have a diet coke, should I stay away from carbonation?

Jane

Evening Violets!

Hope everyone is feeling great. I too had a PB, the upchuck kind, when I ate too big a bite of a Thai spring roll, those rice noodles did me in. But after the eruption, all was well. I agree the golfball is a much worse feeling. I will not eat after that.

Mdrai - good luck with surgery. It is happening soon, you've waited for such a long time.

I think 15 pounds in a month would be a gift. Things for me have really slowed down, that is with working out 5 - 6 days a week and eating under 1200 calories. Tonight I am fighting thoughts of ice cream. But I know that I can make some tea or something without the extra calories. It is just a hungry, craving mind, nothing to do with the stomach or real hunger. It is interesting to note this.

In the book "Get out of your mind and into your life" they suggest using the statements "I am noticing that I am having the thought...." it helps put space between the thought. I use it a lot.

Hugs to all,

janie- My doctor said the carbonation can stretch your pouch out..

They said NO carbonation post-op.

I NEED A DAMN FILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can eat and eat and eat.

I have not tried bread but I had everything from nachos to cheesecake and I feel like such a failure right now.

Denise YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even step on the scales today because I have been so bad in eating and my Water, so I come here to confess!!!!!

Laura: My doc gives us back our carbonated beverages after 4 weeks, but I just told dbf tonight that even though he says its ok, I won't go back to drinking as much dt. dr pepper as I used to ........

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. Like Laura I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow!

Tracy,

There is light! When you get your fill, and you will, it is like 'this is why I had this done', it really is a great feeling, it is really amazing what a difference it makes!!!! I am four days or so out from my fill and I have done a complete 360 on my band!!

Jane

Lunesa: Welcome back and WHOOOOOOOOHOOOO on those 14's!

Also TracyTX I have a bad ear ache right now and I'm sitting here with cotton in my ear with sweet oil in it......... and I took some of my loopy meds for the pain.

getting ready for bed........

Good Night Violets!

About my PB... We were at my sister-in-law's new house helping her clean. I had been snacking on canteloupe but was still building quite a hunger. Somebody brought in some hot fried chicken and it was all over! I thought I'd just eat some of the breast meat ....but it turned out it was just too dry. And I must have taken bites that were too big and too fast. (sound familiar? gawd, when will I learn??) I was about 4 bites into it when the pain gripped my chest. I stopped eating but it was clear that this wasn't just a golf ball. I tried relaxing, going about my business, etc. but it just kept getting worse. Then the sliming began and there wasn't room in my esophagus for all that slime. Fortunately everyone was busy around the house and didn't notice that I went to the bathroom for several minutes. It all came up and I felt much better...but for those 15 minutes that I tried to keep it all down were miserable!!!!! Then, of course I was still very hungry. Yes, this second fill is totally different now. I really have to be careful. Tiny bites and going slow are the major factors...along with not allowing yourself to get too hungry. I think it was Jenn who said that she isi fine for hours then all of a sudden feels like she could eat everything in the house...that's me too....and is what gets me into trouble every time.

Lunasa - Congrats on being such a good girl at the wedding! I'll bet you had a blast!

Dynamo - I've been feeling stuck with my weight too. I was however down another pound today which puts me at a 3# loss so far this month. Less than a pound a week. We've heard it a million times though...when you're working out STOP paying so much attention to the friggin' scale! It's hard though, isn't it? I haven't taken measurements yet this month, but I know my inches are down...I can just feel it everywhere. How about you? [edit: I went back and checked...I actually have lost 5# this month! better than I thought! Yea me!]

TracyK & Laura - I think you're just having another mini-"farewell to food tour", don't you? I went thru that too when I wasn't restricted. That's what the band is all about....to force you to behave....and you will. You're doing fine in trying your best to get back on track and to make healthier choices. What else can you do?

My doctor's philosophy about the post op diet is to NOT diet. To eat the foods you normally enjoy, just less of them. (I LOVE my doctor!) So that's what I do. I may lose more slowly but don't feel so deprived. I also keep pretty good track of my calories at thedailyplate.com so i don't get too out of control.

I'm off to take my mother shopping today then coming home to clean out my closets -- what a painful experience that is.

Ya'll have a wonderful day!

Christy - That IS good news about your port...I'm glad that they're still able to get to it easily. Are ya'll gonna have to fly to Mexico everytime you need a fill? Or have you found a local dr. to follow up later on?

We're still thinking about it. We really like Dr. Rumbaut's team and we really enjoy Monterrey...The only Dr. around here is an excellent doc, but he's also very expensive...