Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi violets! I had 4 pages to catch up on. Hope everyone had a fun weekend. We got in from Phoenix and went out to get pedi's today. Our feet are beautiul!

I ate so freakin much. My MIL is German and a wonderful cook, shnitzel, German potato salad, German noodles, and goulash...ooooomy, and the deserts. Feeling really fat...but we had fun. I had my first bread since 3-21...german bread that tastes like a pretzel...gawd is it good.

I am having a bit of a problem making up my mind. I am scheduled to get my fill Wed. at 10:30am. This is my prep period and I have to be back to work at 11:45. I have about 4 big days in the next few weeks. These days involved lots of food, celebrations, and more food, one of which is all day at Knotts berry Farm. I can only get the fill on Wed at that time, or the Wed. after school gets out. I don't know if I should reschedule my appointment. I don't the "fat girl" to be chickening out, worrying about what to eat at Knotts Berry Farm (it is a 13 hour day for me), and the end of the year party, etc. I want to band to work...hell I paid 6300 for this baby. Lastly, is the window I have open enough time to get a fill? Will I feel sick after? I have to teach that afternoon, and have a big important meeting wed. afternoon too. ANYWAY...I just rambled and rambled...if anyone can figure out the afore cryptic paragraph...feel free to chime in...SHOULD I GET MY FILL WED. OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER SCHOOL GETS OUT.

Sara~You lucky ducky...Spring time in France, oooo la la. Welcome back. I/we really miss seeing you around here.

Michelle~ Think of us tomorrow...we will all be thinking about you. Good luck and God Bless!

Terry~I shared your PB explaination w/ my partner. It was the first time I was able to paint a clear picture for her. Thanks for sharing...you have no idea how powerful that is.

I will pop over later. Gonna load some music on my Ipod for the gym!

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in from a wonderful weekend! I am scheduled for a second fill on Thurs and I am looking so forward to it! I got a fill two weeks ago and the first week I was wonderful but this past couple of days OMG!!! Eating too much! Hope everyone is doing well.

Nice to see everyone is doing so well. I had my first real issue today from 1 slice of turkey... OMG couldn't breathe and felt like I was having a heart attack. It was horrile and it seemed to continue all day, I'm afraid to eat. Other that that, we had a great time at six flags yesterday, I floated in the lazy river for 2hrs, but it was great, I was 50lbs heavier last year when I did that and yesterday it was easier to get on the float and I didn't feel like a complete beached whale! What a great feeling.

HUGS ALL

MICHELLE

I AM THINKING ABOUT YOU, CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR HOW WELL YOU DID!

Good Afternoon, Violets!~~

TOMORROW IS MY BIG DAY! :)

I'll definitely check in before I leave tomorrow morning @5:30am Eastern time for my date w/destiny! I have a funny feeling that I won't be able to sleep much tonight, so I'll probably type the night away!

I can't believe that my day is here!!!!!!!

Good Luck tomorrow!

The best recommendations I received that I would like to pass on to you is:

1. Take a chapstick - your lips are extremley dry and chappped from surgery.
  2. Immediately upon waking up from surgery - take big and deep breaths - as much as you can -to get as much of the gas out as quick as possible.
  3. Take a pillow to hold on your lap/stomach for your return trip home from surgery.
  4. Wear big - loose clothing - and slip on shoes to make getting dressed to go home a breeze!
  5. Use pillows to sit on and place behind your back in your favorite recliner -- you most likely will sleep here as well for 2-3 days.
  6. Get up every hour and walk around for 10 minutes to also help release the gas in your body. -- Do this for the rest of the week or so.

Wishing you a quick and trouble free recovery!!!

Gina

Welcome Stacy!! If Tracy hasn't added you already, I'm sure she will as soon as she gets back here. Nice to have yet another Shrink'n Violet join our group!!

I'm really sorry i am just joining back in. I guess i am really a computer dummy becouse i have just found were i had posted. But of course there are a lot of post on this site. I guess i just got lost. I really do thank you all for your warm welcomes. Oh and i am finally four weeks post -op banded April30th 2007. And i have done great so far. I have to go for my first fill June 6th and i am really scared. I have not been sick so far and i really hope this fill do's not change that. Plus i am really chicken of shots. I have lost 25lbs so far of course that includes my wonderful pre-op diet so thats a total of six weeks. I'm really getting upset this week becouse i have just stopped lossing. Maybe after my fill things will start back up.How much should have i of lost by now?

Thnks Stacy

Glad to meet you stacy! I will try to add you to the list, but with the upgrades to the site its not as easy as it used to be.. the smiley's then going advanced and sometimes when I get to that point it crashes me!

SO.... I will make a list of all the newbies and get you added.. but don't get offended if it isn't instant.... jump in and post! WE are aLL shrinking violets!

Thanks for you warm welcome. And don't worry about the list just add me if you can.

Thanks Stacy

Good Afternoon, Violets!~~

TOMORROW IS MY BIG DAY! :)

I can't believe that my day is here!!!!!!!

mdrai, good luck tomorrow!!! If I can also add my two cents to make things easier for you...

1. Walk as soon as possible, but don't overdo it. Just short walks to help you expel gas and keep your muscles moving. As you heal take longer and more brisk walks.

2. Use your breathing toy that they give you every hour (incentive spirometer is the technical name). Cough and deep breath at least a few times each hour to keep your lungs open and clear.

3. sleep in a recliner or with pillows if needed. I slept in my recliner for almost a week. I was much more comfortable that way.

4. Wear loose clothing.

5. Use GasX!!!!! This and liquid Tylenol were my best friends for the first week.

6. Drink plenty of fluids. Popsicles, Water, Decaf tea, Protein Drinks, broth, sf snow cones, etc. This is extremely important so that you don't become dehydrated.

7. Get plenty of rest. Don't push yourself - allow time for healing.

Good luck! Keep us posted!!!!!! :clap2:

:kiss2::kiss2:GOOD LUCK MDRAI!!! We'll all be here to cheer you on or answer questions. WELCOME TO THE BAND!!

Kity...I say get the fill. I can do A LOT OF DAMAGE IN A SHORT WHILE WITH food. You don't want to undo all the hard work just wanting to eat...Do you? No...I didn't think so.

Great Success to ALL.

Thanks Huntress...I think your right. I am just a bit worried w/ the Knotts trip. I guess I can carry my bag w/ cottage cheese on ice, lol. Anyway, thanks for the response.

On the count of 3, lets all wish Michelle Good Luck. I remember the night before. Honestly, I was exhausted and so freakin tired of thinking about it. Don't drive yourself crazy...remember...SURRENDER!

Are you overnight? Home same day? We will all be popping in to hear from you. It is your responsibility as a Violet sister to post ASAP, even if you feel like shit. We all did. Well, not if you feel too bad, but as soon as you can, lol.

xoxoxoxox

Pamela - I vote for getting the fill, too. You won't feel any different immediately after...but please do be careful on your Knotts trip. If you do decide to wait, that's good too....but like HH said, you can do a lot of 'damage' between now and then!

Mdrai - Lots of good post-op advice here! One I read about today for the shoulder pain is to put a heating pad on your diaphragm! ...that the pain in your shoulder is referred from your diaphragm (?) ...so that's another thing you can try. Do the breathing exercises, take the Gas-X 4x a day and move whenever possible. DO NOT overdo it. Take it easy for 3-4 days!

Good luck Mdrai :)

Get back on here and post as soon as you can so we know you're home!

Bring comfortable underwear, a hair brush, deoderant, and toothbrush/toothpaste. That's all I needed! (I brought everything on the check off list from some other thread, and never used any of it lol)

My dear, dear Violets~~

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind well wishes, good thoughts & prayers today as I enter "band-land" (remember to sing it LOUD!)! :) And also for all the wisdom that has been shared w/me during my prep month. I'm so glad to be an "adopted" April bander!!! :) This is THE best group on the boards!!!!!

I am outpatient. Scheduled for 7:30am. Hope to be home by early afternoon. I DEFINITELY will post as soon as I am able. and I DEFINITELY will be thinking of each of you who has gone before me in this journey of self-improvement, self-discovery, and the unknown!

Little jittery but not too much... part of me is so ready, and another part (probably that fat imp who's been fighting me every step of the way) can't believe I'm actually doing this... that it's not just THEORY any more! Oh my!

DH is pacing the floor... time to get going... thank you all!

<p> </p> <p> Yes I am with ACS how did you find them were they ok. I live in Dublin were are you? Did you have to lose weight before the band because they said notting to me

Good morning, Fellow Shrink'n Violets..

Well, we're back from Canada. It was a wonderful trip, but one I would not recommend for someone one day out of surgery. DH did ok, but the gas pains and fatigue just about did him in. He did a wonderful job on his eating, just sipping on broth while we went to all the fancy restaurants. I did fine on my eating too. I lost 2# this week even though I finally got on regular foods. Everything tasted wonderful, but I was very careful to eat only the quantity I was supposed to. We did splurge on Pavlova.. a wonderfully light dessert made of meringue and whipped cream.

I had lots of posts to catch up on here last night when we arrived home. It was one of the first places I checked, right after emails!! Tracy, your face pictures are amazing. I leave for 5 days and you've changed your appearance again!!! Keep up the great work!!

I wasn't able to get in my walking routine while I was gone, though I did walk for an hour one evening. But we did a lot of shopping and that required walking so I did get some exercise each day. I had some Constipation issues and finally was able to resolve them with some Sennekot pills. I went for 5 days without a BM and that was getting very uncomfortable. Now that I'm home, I can get my fibersure in 3X a day instead of just once, like I did in Canada.

Anyway.. I have lots of laundry to do and things to unpack! It's great to be home !!