Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Evening, Violets..

The kids and grandkids just left and the Bobster and I are in a huge, brand new Ramada Inn and there are only two rooms occupied!! It's like I'm living in a mansion. Soooooooooo quiet. I used the exercise room last night and will do so again tonight. At least I'll get close to half my exercise goal for November. We leave for home in the morning. It's a 5 hour drive and the Bobster has to be back in time to leave for a Bible Study at 6 p.m.and I have a Chorus rehearsal at 7. Amelia Riann was baptized today and she was wearing the christening dress I had made for daughter Kris 25 years ago. She looked so precious, but didn't like it when the minister wanted to hold her. Afterwards she changed into an outfit that her Aunt Kris gave her and it was sooooooo cute. She had a dress, little coat and beret. I'll get pics posted when I get home.

The greatest NSV was when grandson Everett gave me a hug before he left and said.. "Grandma, I can get my arms all the way around you!!!" I LOVED it! I also wore a velour dress that was a size L and it fit. AND I wore pantyhose that I didn't have to grunt and groan and ask for help to get into!! All NSV's.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I know many of us, me included, are struggling, but we will prevail!!! We are Violets and we have PURPLE POWER... not to mention each other!

Everyone hang in.. tomorrow starts a new week and we still have the band in place to help us. We wouldn't be where we are without it and each other.

Patience, Trust, Purple Power and WWJD??!!!

Hi Everyone!

I have to confess -- I am in the FUNK as well. I had a fill on 10-18 (Thursday) and stopped losing on 10-21 (Sunday). I was 4lbs away from having a 100lbs lost. I have been ashamed that I am up 3.2 lbs since 21st - as of today.

I admit - I have not been a perfect bandster - I am so tight that it is easier to eat the bad stuff. "How bad do I want it? -- obviously the bad stuff has won out here recently."

With Thanksgiving this week - I am going to just try to stay stable, BUT watch out the following Monday -- I will get committed. Eatting right - and exercising!

Who is with me -- MONDAY following Thanksgiving to Xmas --- Committed - Committed - Committed.

KAT -- LOTS OF PRAYERS, HUGS AND KISSES!!!!!!!!

JanieBug -- Thank you for sending me the book. I received it Saturday -- and will start reading this week, this should also help motivate me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

Gina, I'm with you but I think I'm gonna start a little earlier than Monday. My next fill is scheduled for Dec. 3rd and I'm hoping to post a good weight loss when I go in.

They wanted to know if I wanted to change my appointment to the 5th. and I told them no, that I need to lose weight. See, my 25th. wedding anniversary is Dec 4th. I'm sure we will be going out that night but I need to stay focused and not eat so much just because we are celebrating.

Gotta go get my suit on now. I'm going swimming for an hour than off to Curves for 40 minutes. Today it's supposed to be a little warm so we are going to cut the grass and mulch the leaves, than wash the car from our trip. I'm pooped already.

Everyone have a great day.

I'm # :) because you are all #1 to me.

Good Monday morning violets!

A 3 day work week....I can handle that! It is supposed to be really cold here for Thanksgiving...a 50 high around here is COLD! As long as the rain stays away for at least that one day since I have to be on the road would be great!

Everyone have a great day!

Happy monday everyone

going to be a shake day for me

we are having a beef roast, sweet potatoes and veggies for thanksgiving.... and going to the movies. it is going to be a good day.

and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell my mom, I'm going to stop at the bar on my way home from work, good band is playing and it is the biggest drinking night of the year.... which is why we can't let mom know, a few years ago I was drunk for 2 days after and couldn't make dinner and it was at my house. bad year LOL

I have a busy day planned, having a Mary Kay party here tomorrow night so I have lots to do

Hi Violets,

Roar! I am ashamed I don't check in as often as I should. I've been trying to catch up but y'all are a chatty bunch! I am so glad Kat is ok. Speedy recovery to you Kat.

I have a question...It may sound silly but I need to ask. Has anyone had trouble with their pre-band shoes? Last night, I was walking in a parking lot in my clogs from last winter and I took a header that felt like it lasted 20 mins. I stumbled, ran a few steps wobbled and then fell flat on my face! My shoes were in two different places, my pocketbook was thrown to the grass! My palms have road rash and my ego was dented pretty hard! After thinking about it I thought maybe my shoes are too wide for my feet now. There were no pebbles or pot holes or anything to blame it on. The shoes feel ok maybe a little loose but I didn't think they were hazardous?! Anyone else experience shoe trouble?

Thanks,

Theresa

YES!! I know exactly what you're talking about. I've gone down at least 1 full size in shoes...used to wear up to a 9.5, now wearing 8.5 (depending on the style/material)....it's crazy!!!

Well, in other news, i'm SO glad i'm not the only one 'stumbling' with food. It's been a rough few weeks. I need to start being strong though cuz i have a co-worker going through my doctor to get the surgery...and she's upset this morning cuz it's not looking like a christmas band (which is what she needs cuz of vacation time and whatnot). So if you all could please pray for my friend!!!

I'm going to try to do CTC through the week and then IF i'm going to have anything 'off plan', it'll have to wait till Sundays!! That's when God rested, so that's when i'll 'rest' LOL...

anywho, gotta go...bye guys!!!

Good Morning Violets~

This is gonna be a great week! I only work 2 days, then Wed is a pedi and some shopping! I love it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Kat~ When are you home? Hopefully soon.

I am going to workout tonight (there, I've typed it, so now I have to do it). I've tanked on my Nov. challenge...but then again, Dec is right around the corner.

Make it a good one ladies!

xoxoxoxox

I'm # :scared: because you are all #1 to me.

That is just the sweetest thing I've ever heard!!!
Hi Everyone!

I have to confess -- I am in the FUNK as well. I had a fill on 10-18 (Thursday) and stopped losing on 10-21 (Sunday). I was 4lbs away from having a 100lbs lost. I have been ashamed that I am up 3.2 lbs since 21st - as of today.

Ew!! I don't like hearing that word "ashamed', Gina!! It just is what it is, and there should be no shame involved! When I stepped on the scale this morning I just shrugged and said to myself, "Well, at least it's not 220#!" If i hadn't been banded I am quite sure I would have weight at least 220 by now. Let's just get thru the holidays and if we can do that without gaining more than 2# of what we weigh today, I'd say we're doing damn good. We'll get it figured out one way or the other, but now is probably not the best time to do it! Let's just focus on maintaining, shall we?
meow. :cat:

awww come on, don't be a pu**y (cat) ;)

:fish:

oh c'mon... hit yourself w/a fish!

These just cracked me up in the biggest way!! <snort snort>!!!!
Good Morning Violets~

This is gonna be a great week! I only work 2 days, then Wed is a pedi and some shopping! I love it.

Good for you, Pamela!!!!! You deserve it!!!

Well it is Monday, I was hoping that I would have lost at least 3 pounds this week, but I only lost one. One more than last week though. I have a Dr.s appointment on the 6th and want to be down considerably.

I found what Gina said very interesting about a fill being too tight and eating bad food because it was easier! That is so true, I never really could put my finger on it, but that is what started my bad eating! When I got an unfill it got better. Interesting..... It makes me pause a bit to see if I want/need a fill on the 6th, it would be TOO easy to eat wrong over the holidays. Thanks Gina for putting into words what I didn't understand.

I hope Kat is doing well!!

Good morning everyone!!!

Jane

Good morning girls!

You're all right, and thanks for the kick in the pants. I have tackled my biggest weight issue-- back problems. Now I guess I feel lackadaisical. I've never been skinny in my life, so I don't have something in my brain going 'let's get back to size xx!'. I'm just content not having back problems. But I would like to see it in my lifetime, ME in a NOT plus size. It's just too unrealistic to me sometimes. I can't comprehend it. I have been feeling like the usual fat girl lately, that THIS is it. I'm just big. But I hope it's not :scared:

I too have been too emberassed to say the scale bounced back to 271, and hasn't been moving. My own fault, of course. I can make excuses all I want, like that it's 'suppose' to be TOM today but.. whatever. I need to stop eating crap. So hard to do this time of year, it's like I'm a bear that needs to load up!

Back to listening to my soft stop, and no more snacking. Come on, I can do this! This would be where I fall off my 'diet' in the past, but the band is going to wait for me this time. Whew.

And speaking of my band, it is more fickle now than ever. It's so bizarre. I feel too loose. But now I have tight 'moments' in the evening- when I use to be able to overeat. Last night we went and saw Gypsy (the musical), and on the way home we were starving. Me and mom went to Waffle House to get it to-go so we could come home and watch Desperate Housewives (which is off now due to the strike :fish: ;):( ). Waffle house was out of to-go boxes, so we drove all the way into town to IHOP. I got a country omelet which comes with pancakes.< /p>

We get to her house, I took 1/4 of the HUGE omelet, and 1 pancake. First bite of pancake, PB. Decided to just eat the omelet. Every little bite was painful and sloshing. Finally 3 bites later I just couldn't do it, ended up throwing it all up. I was sooo hungry. So I took it home.. layin in bed with DH, I tried eating the omelet again. Nothing. My stomach was growling from hunger, but that food just wasn't going to go down. I don't know why??? Ended up chain smoking to satisfy my stomach and went to sleep. But I could have eaten cupcakes all night if I had some :(

Ok, I had this looonnnggg post and when I hit post I think the website went down. Was it just my computer? No se...

This is a very condensed version of the original post:

Whew! I'm so glad I'm not alone! I wonder if this funk is normal in the weight loss cycle. I wouldn't know, I've never actively pursued weight loss for this long...

I had a great weekend. We celebrated my dad's 50th birthday. My sisters and I threw him a huge surprise party. He was beyond surprised! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly, we've been planning for a month now. I’ll try to post pics. I have such an issue when I try to post them. They come out huge! Oh I know, I’ll post a link to flickr!

What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? Do you stay home and cook or go somewhere else?

Ok, I'm off to get my oatmeal...

Got this in an e-mail and thought it was neat..

>I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our

>cell phone?

>What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

>What if we flipped through it several times a day?

>What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

>What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

>What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

>What if we gave it to our kids as gifts?

>What if we used it when we traveled?

>What if we used it in case of emergency?

>This is something to make you go....hmm...where IS my Bible? When was the last time I got a text message from it?

>Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry

>about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill in full.

>And no dropped calls! Hallelujah!

I'm w/ Terry...lets just get through the holidays! We will get our MoJo back after the New Year (as I always do). That is not giving myself permission to eat shitty, but I will not freak out either. Exercise and try to eat right. How is everyone's exercise? We know how powerful that is.

I wish I could chain smoke! So freakin jealous on that one!

xoxoxoxoxo