Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am feeling so upset wit myself tonight. Tonight I ate Fried! Cheddar peppers from Sonic. I'm so angry with myself! It's not even something on my diet right now ... I'm still on soft foods. What do u do when you feel guilty? :((

Hi Mandy. I'm new to this as I had surgery last Monday, but I'm on soft foods too. My advice to you is this...don't kick yourself to the ground. What's done is done. Get back on track. No need to keep feeling guilty. You CAN do this!

I make better choices for the next meal & I log the 'bad' food into my fitness pal. Before surgery, if I was trying to keep food log, I would omit the bad stuff but I was only lying to myself. Now I am honest & record everything. I'm sure you couldn't have eaten an entire order. Don't beat yourself up & make better choices next meal. You could also do some extra walking or whatever exercise you do.

Also, I'm sure most everyone has tried something ahead of schedule. It was peanuts for me at 2 weeks. Only would have 2-3 and would chew them til liquid but the flavor is what I craved + I wanted to chew something salty. After a couple days,the jar had to go! I did feel guilty (but satisfied at same time).

I've done it too! It is ok. Like I said on MFP it was just one not the whole carton. You are ok. Log and move on. :-)

Remember, there is going to be emotional fall out after surgery. The goal is not to be perfect, ever. Give yourself some slack, your head is healing too!

been there done that =(. Its all good though. We all make the mistakes and some have made a mistake and after vomiting or dumping don't make the mistake again for a long time because of the risk but just get back on track. Remember that part of the reason to avoid excess or types in the beginning is so that you don't STRETCH your pouch as well as give your pouch time to heal and adjust =). Everyone makes mistakes or cheats, and eventually you will view cheating as something totally different than you used to. Like now, cheating for me is getting a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun and sneaking a couple French fries. A couple French fries...cheating...not 2 large order of fry's, like 6 or 7 fries....cheating....ROFLMAO. I laugh when I think about it but the mindset will change. You will see. Just get back on track and be carefull! =)

I agree the guilt is the worst feeling EVER! I don't dump and have not had trouble with any food. Bc of this I think I a taste won't hurt then the guilt hits. I have eaten a coupe fries. I've eaten a chicken nugget. I've eaten a mini cupcake. I have posted my guilt. I've shared it with the hubby. It's part of the process to re commit to what we decided and start again. Don't beat yourself up over it. Easier said than done! But make the best next choice.

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

We have to rem that this is a lifestyle change. Yes we are changing our eating habits but a fry or two or a mini cupcake is part of learning to be normal. This is normal. What was not normal was the large fry, milkshake and a whopper one day an Olive Garden lasagna the next. Just don't make a habit of it. :-). We were given the tool to help us lead to control what we eat. Thank God

We have to rem that this is a lifestyle change. Yes we are changing our eating habits but a fry or two or a mini cupcake is part of learning to be normal. This is normal. What was not normal was the large fry' date=' milkshake and a whopper one day an Olive Garden lasagna the next. Just don't make a habit of it. :-). We were given the tool to help us lead to control what we eat. Thank God[/quote']

I agree with you completely! I think one of the hardest things after surgery is to remember that it is just a tool to help control portions and some things we eat (the dreaded dumping foods). Why shouldn't we be able to have a fry or a mini cupcake? "Normal people" do... It's moderation we need to learn and with the limit our pouch gives its is easier to stop at just one. (Btw worm - your updated picture is great! What a change in your face already)

I agree we all make mistakes but as long as you get back to the right foods at the next meal it's ok.

I had some nachos from Taco Bell today & a mini ice cream sandwich. I don't dump but I just feel bad. All the carbs, sugar, fat... My body is not used to it... I hope to remember this feeling the next time I want to do that.

It's all a process & I think we have to allow ourselves some slack...