Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

One Week Post OP!!!!! Tylenol manages the post op pain well, Lortab anyone? On to the Potassium and Protonix if I don't forget!

Suggestions from anyone please:

1. How are you get 64 ounces of Water in a day when there are so many constraints on how and when you can drink????

2. What types of Proteins are you eating (puree forms for now)?

I'm so bored, but at same time still to sore to do much.

Not to scare the pre-op folks but I swear that JP drain is made out of razor wire!!! Holy moly did that burn when the pulled it out. Plus very unnerving to feel something unwinding around your guts :/

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

I got my drain out yesterday and didn't feel a thing. I was prepared to moan in case it hurt.

One Week Post OP!!!!! Tylenol manages the post op pain well' date=' Lortab anyone? On to the Potassium and Protonix if I don't forget!

Suggestions from anyone please:

1. How are you get 64 ounces of Water in a day when there are so many constraints on how and when you can drink????

2. What types of Proteins are you eating (puree forms for now)?

I'm so bored, but at same time still to sore to do much.[/quote']

Having a hard time getting the Water in as well and I am need suggestions on the purée Protein. I can't do the shakes w/o gagging. I'm on purée for 2 weeks.

OMG Getting drains pulled out is the creepiest feeling. Makes me want to retch.

How's everyone doing in their preop diets? I'm 6 days in today. Haven't cheated. Feel pretty good but starting to get all weepy at everything! I did start my period Wednesday so maybe it's just hormones. I was at 222 and was 109 this morning. Nice to see the bloat is wasting some.

I'm excited. Today I spoke out loud about what I was worried about- only worried about what will happen to my husband, 4 girls and 2 step children if something happens to me. That's all I'm worried about. Makes me cry thinking about it if I were to leave them. ;'(

Ok enough for now. So happy or everyone postop and excited for us all this next week. Wednesday may get here a little too quickly!

Finally home n feelin better but sore. I had a rough night after surgery dry heaved the whole night, then the doc came to see me n changed my meds, thank god. Also ran a low grade temp that went away when I started my deep breathing n walking. Hope it gets better from here!

Not to scare the pre-op folks but I swear that JP drain is made out of razor wire!!! Holy moly did that burn when the pulled it out. Plus very unnerving to feel something unwinding around your guts :/

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

Yeah I thought I was going to pass out when they pulled both of mine out!

I'm having the hardest time with this 2 week liquid pre op diet. I am exhausted and feel terrible. I barely get my 1,000 calories in but I do get my 80 g of Protein in. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Yeah I thought I was going to pass out when they pulled both of mine out!

What is a jp line?

Here's my update my surgery went good but they found a hernia by my asphouges wasn't bad but repaired it So after they scared like

So after recovery and I'm back to my room like 6 nurses all rushed in my room because my heart rate dropped to 30 I had told them when I had my gallbladder out that it did this and my blood pressure ran low but like 40 s 50-60 is normal for me so all that was fine fri morning I was up walking eating broth and Popsicle Jello not nausea and not to much pain But after my 3 td walk my heart started agin skipping and my heart rate was like 138 so they called my surgeon and cardiac and moved me to regent care they said my magnesium was low and had to give me some and other cardiac med to get it regular my surgeon came and I told him I had did so good not sick or pain I was spost to go home but know not sure when to they make sure about my heart There doing another Ecocadogram today and then see but a least my heart rate is down

A jp line is just a drainage tube they put in after surgery. Very normal to have one because it helps drain excessive Fluid. Feels very funny when they take it out, I had no pain.

So after recovery and I'm back to my room like 6 nurses all rushed in my room because my heart rate dropped to 30 I had told them when I had my gallbladder out that it did this and my blood pressure ran low but like 40 s 50-60 is normal for me so all that was fine fri morning I was up walking eating broth and Popsicle Jello not nausea and not to much pain But after my 3 td walk my heart started agin skipping and my heart rate was like 138 so they called my surgeon and cardiac and moved me to regent care they said my magnesium was low and had to give me some and other cardiac med to get it regular my surgeon came and I told him I had did so good not sick or pain I was spost to go home but know not sure when to they make sure about my heart There doing another Ecocadogram today and then see but a least my heart rate is down

Ohhhhh NO!!!! I hope everything works out!!!! How scary for you!!!! Keep me updated!!!!

Not all surgeons make you keep the drain in. I did not have a drain. The morphine pump definitely helped with the pain and they sent me home with hydrocodone. When I first woke up I was in a lot of pain they had not given me my morphine pump yet so I asked for a heating pad and that helped a lot.