Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

Okay' date=' all checked in and my surgeon is running several hours behind. Looks like I will head to surgery around 5pm. ;([/quote']

Omg I bet your hungry.. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Okay' date=' all checked in and my surgeon is running several hours behind. Looks like I will head to surgery around 5pm. ;([/quote']

Click enter to soon..... You will be done before you know it......

Just had my "hospital" class today and found out there were 3 others getting surgery the same date as me. I sure hope they stay on schedule or have more than one OR!

Just had my "hospital" class today and found out there were 3 others getting surgery the same date as me. I sure hope they stay on schedule or have more than one OR!

I was in your class today.. Haha.. What is your surgery date?

I am sooo stressed. My surgery date is Feb. 18. Although I am very excited about a new life ahead of me, I am scared out of my mind. I am convinced something terrible is going to go wrong, that i am going to die and leave my daughter mother-less. I know it is all in my head, but I can't help myself. I even curled up in my bed this afternoon and just cried myself to sleep. The closer Monday comes the more stressed I become.

I am sooo stressed. My surgery date is Feb. 18. Although I am very excited about a new life ahead of me' date=' I am scared out of my mind. I am convinced something terrible is going to go wrong, that i am going to die and leave my daughter mother-less. I know it is all in my head, but I can't help myself. I even curled up in my bed this afternoon and just cried myself to sleep. The closer Monday comes the more stressed I become.[/quote']

You will be fine. We all are nervous going under. I've been put under nine times, not counting surgeries with just a epidural. There is always that chance, but don't stress yourself out. Hang in there we all will be rooting for you. :)

I experienced the same from my hubby told Me I don't need surgery. But it's over now surgery is complete. Had a super rough violently dry heaved all night today I'm much much better:)

Just had my pre op testing and anesthesia appointment. Also had pharmacy appointment since I'm on so many meds they are switching the ones that can't be crushed to liquid.

My surgery date is Tuesday 3/26. I am a bit nervous because I have a very unusual breathing illness called tracheomalacia. It is found in newborns but very rarely in adults. What happens is my trachea collapses in on itself. I have has a number of surgeries for it but it is by no means resolved. I have been hospitalized many times for it. It is so rare that there was an article written about me in the New England Journal of Medicine. So the anesthesia consult was very important. I have never had a five hour surgery before and there is some concern about be being intubated that long. Told me I may go directly to ICU. When I was in ICU last year I was intubated on a ventilator for four days in a induced coma.

They are hoping this surgery may help my issues.

I bit nervous about it though. Glad I'm going to be in one of the ten top hospitals in the country (Brigham Womens in Boston).

I experienced the same from my hubby told Me I don't need surgery. But it's over now surgery is complete. Had a super rough violently dry heaved all night today I'm much much better:)

Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully hubs will center around soon.

It's not that I am really scared of anesthesia. It the time on the table that can irritate my collapsing airway and put me into realities arrest which has happened in past surgeries. The reason I started going to The Brigham in Boston (2 hours from my home) was because none of my local hospitals would put me under anesthesia, even Dartmouth didnt want to anymore. The Brigham always has the head of the department do it when I have surgery. I have had a total of 12 majors surgeries in the last four years, plus a number surgeries before that. My surgeon even told me there is a chance they will have do a actual cut surgery on me instead if endoscopic because of all my past abdominal surgeries may have too much scar tissue. I just had orthopedic surgery last month on a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep on my shoulder. Still having PT for that.

Did I mention I have the sweetest kiddo ever?? He knew I brought a pillow to hold when I cough. He came up to visit me last night and had bought me a valentines pillow pet to hold...works like a charm' date=' perfect size.[/quote']

Ohhhhh! So cute

So my surgery is this morning. Since the beginning my husband has been in denial. Last night he tells me he doesn't want me to go it. I let him know I'm going forward with or without his help. So he calls me selfish and sleeps on the vouch! WTF!!! I'm so pusses right now!

I am sorry!! Hope mine doesn't get like that! Good job being strong! Pray pray pray. It's a test

Going through with the surgery will be the best decision you will ever make in your life! We love you and support you here!!! :) good luck today and keep us posted! :)

U changed ur name....... What was wrong w karlton?