Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 4 days out of surgery and at home. The days at the hospital were great because everything was brought to me. Now that Im home I feel weak, gassy, like I can't stand up straight, and am not sure if Im eating enough. How often should I eat and how much? Can someone please tell me I haven't lost my mind and all the info I thought I had learned? I'm looking at the diet sheets, and just feel lost!

Is my gut supposed to be so " gurgley" and rumbly feeling?? Please reassure me! Thanks!

Make sure you take all your Vitamins and sip liquid all day. Your body has enough nutrients and Protein stored for awhile. You need to drink though so you don't get dehydrated. The gurgly noises are totally normal. Walking will help the gas. Does your surgeons office have a support group? This forum is great and we are all here for you too! Every day gets better. I promise

Make sure you are drinking Protein Drinks 65-75 grams and your Water 64 oz's a day and creamy soups!

No real food yet!!!

So basically all you are supposed to do all day is sip? I guess I have been sleeping too much or something!

And I just love it how my husband was so great at the hospital when they were filling me with drugs and liquids, and now that we are home, he's gone right back to sitting on his a**!

Sip, suck, walk you can have Ice cream pops and Jello sugar free, if u can get crushed ice you can add Crystal Lite to it

Thanks for your responses!

Hi Vickilynn...first of all is 1973 the year you were born? If so, that was a great year! :)

I had my surgery on Thursday, 1/3/13. Pain is getting less each day, but those gurgglie, swooshing, bubbly sounds throughout my intestines and stomach are crazy! Today was my first day that I only took one 45min nap. I have cut way back on the pain meds. I had a bout of depression this morning, diarrhea (sorry if that is TMI) all day long and I want to eat something crunchy!!! I'm on liquids only for 1-2 weeks, no Protein until I get cleared from DR when I see him on Friday. The tape on my incisions is itching like crazy!! I think I'm slightly allergic, due to the rash.

I'm watching Biggest Loser right now, and still happy with my decision for surgery. I do hope I will have stamina in a year from now to work out that hard. I also want to do another 1/2 marathon.

And I just love it how my husband was so great at the hospital when they were filling me with drugs and liquids' date=' and now that we are home, he's gone right back to sitting on his a**![/quote']

It will get better, just remember your Proteins, Vitamins, Water, and WALK! As for the husband.....well.....he's a man.....mine is the same way......the weird gut feeling will be gone in a couple weeks and you will be feeling like yourself again!

xo Hilary

I am almost 4 days out of surgery and at home. The days at the hospital were great because everything was brought to me. Now that Im home I feel weak, gassy, like I can't stand up straight, and am not sure if Im eating enough. How often should I eat and how much? Can someone please tell me I haven't lost my mind and all the info I thought I had learned? I'm looking at the diet sheets, and just feel lost!

Is my gut supposed to be so " gurgley" and rumbly feeling?? Please reassure me! Thanks!

What you're experiencing is very normal. Including the ***-sitting husband! LOL Your body has gone through a traumatic experience and needs time to heal. It is definitely hard to eat enough right now. You're probably on a liquid-only diet right now, so just try to have whatever you can. Broths, SF Jell-O, and Water. Sip your Water whenever possible. sleep if your body tells you it needs sleep. Now is the time to rest and recuperate. Tell your husband to get you something if you need him to. But don't forget that you need to walk, so sometimes getting yourself something is good (as long as it doesn't mean lifting or doing anything you're not supposed to do). Walking will help with the tummy sounds, etc., too.

When your dr says you can have Protein, add some high protein/low-or-no sugar shakes - maybe start off with some that are already made since they should be very smooth. If necessary, water them down (or add skim milk). It will take time to work up to the amounts you are "supposed" to have. Just remember, as you progress, to do it slowly and don't add anything that doesn't assist your being healthy (NO candies even when/if the dr says you can have them in moderation, and don't drink alcohol except once in a blue moon and very little of it). Take it from someone who regained 76 lbs and has been struggling to get down below the almost 50 lbs she finally lost!!! (As for the alcohol, that's because even many drs don't know the latest research on WLS and drinking. It turns out that RNYers get high quickly, may feel like it went through us quickly, but the effects and blood alcohol levels stay longer - plus we tend to become addicted to it very easily. Don't risk cross addiction.)

End of "lecture." LOL Good luck! ♥

I hear you on the husband, have the matching teenage son too. Luckily (I think) I had a major case of the weepies, and both of them scattered to so something to stop me crying, which. Hilariously, made me cry harder because they were being so good to me. Don't worry mate, as each day goes by, and you Are able to get about? It gets easier, but still, don't be afraid to speak out. I think I have the greatest husband in the world, but sometimes, they just don't get it. Bless him and blessings and hugs to you, we are all here for you.

Hi!! Welcome. We are here for you! I was a mess the first two weeks. Crying, pimples, greasy hair and husband stuck to the couch. Lol. He's great but... :-). You'll be ok. I'm seven weeks out and feel pretty great. What ever you need just ask. We will be here for you.

My doc said he did not care about my Protein intake the first week or so. His only concern was Fluid intake. I bought the little sippy cups and found little victories in getting through one of those. Then I would refill it and start all over. It was easier than trying to look at the entire 64oz at once.