Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im sooo afraid of getting dumping!

So im so scared of getting dumping! I want applesauce but only found one with no added sugar and its 14g sugar! Im scared to try it. I need some ideas for puree phase. Please help! I start it on monday.

Apple sauce does me good. Unsweetened with also 12g of sugar. I don't eat it everyday but I have a few times. Dumping isn't the worst thing & it only last one day.

I was too, but unsweetened applesauce I had no problem with. And that stage I had it almost everyday. I didn't eat much of it cause I was told you eat Protein first then fruits and veggies so by the time I got to it couldn't put much in but I would go for it. They gave me puree fruit cocktail in the hospital. But any protein can be pureed with a little broth or the cooking liquid as well as veggies. Fruits can usually be pureed by itself some may need a little Water.< /p>

I didn't have any problems with unsweetened applesauce. I had it every day. I would take my crushed medications with it. Just enough to mix the meds in to take. It makes it alot easier to get them down.

Here is an idea: for any food, try eating a tiny amount of it. Then wait an hour. If you feel okay, then try more of it the next time. At the hospital, the bariatric nurse told me that I would be able to eat a forkful of, for example, birthday cake but no more.

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I don't think that I have yet experienced dumping. But I chose gastric bypass to have the opportunity for dumping. This might sound strange, but my favorite foods in the past have been sugars, fats and carbohydrates. So I needed the threat of dumping in order to succeed at weight loss. Since surgery, I've never vomited and never had dumping (at least I don't think so). But I'm also being super careful. Two days ago I tried falafel. I was convinced I would be able to eat it if I chewed it well. After two bites, I knew it wouldn't work. So I quit eating it. This is my strategy for managing dumping. Again, I chose RNY specifically for the privilege of having dumping to help me navigate the many food choices that have been a challenge for me in the past.

I wish everyone success and realize that others' experiences and needs are very different from my own. This is just my perspective.

I am 5 months post op and I actually experienced dumping for the first time today and it was horrible. I have thrown up several times from food and have had frothing but nothing compares to the horrible feeling of dumping! It lasted about 30 minutes. The scary thing is we all know it is going to happen and we will not know when!

I am 5 months post op and I actually experienced dumping for the first time today and it was horrible. I have thrown up several times from food and have had frothing but nothing compares to the horrible feeling of dumping! It lasted about 30 minutes. The scary thing is we all know it is going to happen and we will not know when!

What made you dump?

I am not sure... I am trying new things and everything I ha eaten I had eaten before... My salad did have ranch dressing that was suppose to be "light" but I am guessin it was not

you will do just fine just tale your time eating it

I'm one month post op and I was eating lunch meat tonight which is on my accepted foods list. I took a couple bites, chewed it up well and I swallowed. About five seconds later... I had to throw it up. Why? This happens alot if foods aren't soft. I can however eat pop corn with no issues. Makes no sense.

Here is an idea: for any food' date=' try eating a tiny amount of it. Then wait an hour. If you feel okay, then try more of it the next time. At the hospital, the bariatric nurse told me that I would be able to eat a forkful of, for example, birthday cake but no more.

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I don't think that I have yet experienced dumping. But I chose gastric bypass to have the opportunity for dumping. This might sound strange, but my favorite foods in the past have been sugars, fats and carbohydrates. So I needed the threat of dumping in order to succeed at weight loss. Since surgery, I've never vomited and never had dumping (at least I don't think so). But I'm also being super careful. Two days ago I tried falafel. I was convinced I would be able to eat it if I chewed it well. After two bites, I knew it wouldn't work. So I quit eating it. This is my strategy for managing dumping. Again, I chose RNY specifically for the privilege of having dumping to help me navigate the many food choices that have been a challenge for me in the past.

I wish everyone success and realize that others' experiences and needs are very different from my own. This is just my perspective.[/quote']

Me too I tried a tiny but of organic unsweetened applesauce during week two because nothing was appeasing and it sounded good and cold I had 2 tablespoons I was fine. I to can tell if I can eat something or not I love tuna had it once week two then tried it again had to spit it out.

We have to listen to our body. I too choose bypass for same reason I love chocolate anything and ice cream. Great post....

Me too I tried a tiny but of organic unsweetened applesauce during week two because nothing was appeasing and it sounded good and cold I had 2 tablespoons I was fine. I to can tell if I can eat something or not I love tuna had it once week two then tried it again had to spit it out.

We have to listen to our body. I too choose bypass for same reason I love chocolate anything and ice cream. Great post....

PS you may be able to eat something today and not tomorrow keep trying it changes. Eat slowly and listen to your body...

Dumping is not fun. Almost everything I am supposed to eat doesn't want to go down or goes down and wants to come back up. It feels like your trying to throw up sticks. It's so uncomfortable. It doesn't feel like it does presurgey. I have never been one to throw up but I went to a restaurant with my family and had two bites of mashed potatoes and had to run to the bathroom. Some times it hits quick and others it takes a min or two. My surgery buddy n has the same issue. It's like we can't move on with our schedule of foods we are supposed to eat. But I guess what makes it ok is that food is hardly ever on my mind nor do I have cravings! And that's awesome!

Dumping is not fun. Almost everything I am supposed to eat doesn't want to go down or goes down and wants to come back up. It feels like your trying to throw up sticks. It's so uncomfortable. It doesn't feel like it does presurgey. I have never been one to throw up but I went to a restaurant with my family and had two bites of mashed potatoes and had to run to the bathroom. Some times it hits quick and others it takes a min or two. My surgery buddy n has the same issue. It's like we can't move on with our schedule of foods we are supposed to eat. But I guess what makes it ok is that food is hardly ever on my mind nor do I have cravings! And that's awesome!

I had that same problem before surgery to um that was caused by the acid reflux where my food didn't want to go all the way down and just want to come up. I still have that problem but I noticed yesterday when I reclin when I eat it doesn't do it as much.