Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

couldve been a bad day but turned good... eating lunch i ate too fast didnt chew a piece of chicken well enough... i knew as soon as i swallowed it it would be trouble... sure enough 5 mins later i felt awful... chest pain... felt stuck in my throat and i couldnt take a deep breath... i sipped some hot Water and puked up the water... it mustve dislodged the chicken cuz i started to feel better instantly... but my throat and stomach felt irritated...... fast forward to 5pm... wife was craving red lobster so bad while we were out so we went... had no idea what to order... but so far nothing has really bothered my pouch so i got the fish and chips... first of all the portions they serve are ENORMOUS... first thing i did was cut off what i thought was 1/4 cup... put that on a small plate with one french fry... the rest i put in a to go bag... took it slow chewing well... but the breaded fish went down great and it was delicious even ate it with a little bit of ketchup... ate 3/4 of the fry and felt stuffed... have had no problems so i think im good to go... it was nice to make a good decision at a restaurant and be able to eat something i enjoy... and on an even better note my good habits are working on my wife... she avoided an appetizer and didnt have dessert

I have an ulcer. Just calm down. I'm fine and the doc said it should resolve on it's own. I have my 2nd egd in about 4 weeks so we will see how mine looks then along with them dilating my stricture more.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

Lisa, wondering if you had a lot of pain with your ulcer? My stomach aches so bad! Dr. said you cannot tell the severity of the ulcer, as some that are bad don't hurt a lot and others that are not that bad do. I haven't been throwing up blood or having any blood in my stool that I noticed. Is there anything you can tell me as far as the pain of these things? Any other info or reassurance would also be greatly appreciated too! The on-call doc said they can run from being merely a nuisance to being life threatening, so as you can imagine my mind if reeling. :( Thanks!

Good luck...yes it's very hard to quit..i still crave a smoke sometimes..I've been having a hard time taking the chsntix now cuz it seems to make me dump now

Oh boy! Well, try not to stop taking or taking it with food might help? I just wish I had taken seriously everything they told me. If I had I would have never smoked a cigarette. :(

They test for nicotine and you have to sign a waiver that you don't smoke where I went. They don't do the surgery on smokers. Good luck with quitting! It isn't easy but so worth it. Wellbutrin is a med you could check out.

I quit 5 years ago with chantix. I only took it for 3 weeks, and quit after the 11 th day. Haven't smoked since and really have no desire. I had smoked for 33 years. I know it is hard, but I feel so much better.

i had to eat something, hate feeling weak, so i had a Smart one entree, salisbury steak with mixed veggies, i chewed the green Beans and a few carrotts up real well, ate about 7 small bites of the salisbury steak. gave all the rest to my dog. it was good, Doc will be pissed but what I know is when i had a full complete hysterectomy and was cut from breast bone to pube line I did not feel this weak.

it didnt bother me to get up and walk around, I didnt feel like when I get in the shower I will pass out.

but I do since this surgery. I am afraid to leave the house because I feel weak, I take all my meds and Vitamins. I drink my Water and Powerade zero. I am having a hard time with the Protein Shakes,

I am going to have to get a different way to get them in. different brand then Unjury,

Luckily i havent been sick or any dumping which I am so glad about.

We all have our problems with this surgery, seems mine is being weak and fatigued. while I sit and lay down I feel good, i dont feel shaky, but when I get up to move around, not so good. Any suggestions?

I have a nutritionist and dietician, what the Nut said I needed to do is more Protein than carbs will bring weight loss. Just thought I would pass that along to everyone.

So, I had some bad cramping today and end up going to see my primary dr. She thought it was a uti or something and we found out I had a kidney infection. Well she did a check of below too and found out my uterus is enlarged too so I went for a stat ultrasound. They wouldn't give much details but talked about Fibroids. I know this is off topic, but has anyone had one? I already have had children, no plans for anymore, so I am not worried about fertility. I am thinking if the pain doesnt go away with prescription/infection, and I do have some uterus fibroids, maybe a hysterectomy? Not that I want to do another surgery, but I don't need my uterus anymore. I read that most are benign, so I hope this is my case as well if I have one.

Also, only 1 pound loss this week, I am sad about that, but I guess better than gaining :)

I'm sorry you're going through the weakness, hippie gal. I still am too at a month out. Plus these odd symptoms I'm having that nobody can explain. I lost all control of my hands last night and they drew up in a fist on their own. I went to the ER, they did a ct scan and an ekg. Those were fine. labs looked okay but potassium was a little low. They really thought that was the problem, gave me some potassium and it didn't help. :( Now I'm waiting on Monday so I can get a referral to a neurologist.

I'm sorry you're going through the weakness, hippie gal. I still am too at a month out. Plus these odd symptoms I'm having that nobody can explain. I lost all control of my hands last night and they drew up in a fist on their own. I went to the ER, they did a ct scan and an ekg. Those were fine. labs looked okay but potassium was a little low. They really thought that was the problem, gave me some potassium and it didn't help. :( Now I'm waiting on Monday so I can get a referral to a neurologist.

Oh wow!! I cant even imagine what that could be, I sure hope they find something soon.

It's been getting progressively worse for a little over a weak. My family doctor doesn't know what could cause it either. It's so unbelievably frustrating. I'm TERRIFIED that I"m going to fair nursing school due to my health after this surgery. I can't tell you how much I regret it.

*fail nursing school

typing is difficult, texting is IMPOSSIBLE

I'm sorry you're going through the weakness' date=' hippie gal. I still am too at a month out. Plus these odd symptoms I'm having that nobody can explain. I lost all control of my hands last night and they drew up in a fist on their own. I went to the ER, they did a ct scan and an ekg. Those were fine. labs looked okay but potassium was a little low. They really thought that was the problem, gave me some potassium and it didn't help. :( Now I'm waiting on Monday so I can get a referral to a neurologist.[/quote']

Potassium will cause the hands to draw up and it takes time for it to build back up to levels that will eliminate the symptoms. My mother has this problem and has had to deal with it for years.

My daughter who is 19 has just been dx with a bunch of cysts and fibroid tumors she has had terrible cramps and pain and sickness and heavy heavy periods that last over a week and like two periods a month she was put on birth control pills and depo shots to get it under control. They are watching her as they say it is painful but somewhat common in young women. I was found to have an enlarged uterus but no fibroid tumor was found. I think the first course after medication is an ablasion or scraping to remove the tumors. I'm hoping that my daughters clear up and don't cause any further problems as she is young and has no children but will want a family one day and some of the treatments can cause infertility or in worse case a hysto.

Hi All! I just joined yesterday. I'm from Western NY. Had my surgery 12/21/12 (you know, the end of the world). Feeling good, healing nicely, so far, no issues with foods or liquids. Down 25 lbs, hooray!