Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Kinda wonder if its my blood sugar running to low is why I am weak?

I do take my metformin, I checked it a few mins and it was 115.

Maybe I can eliminate carbs completely. altho I am drinking a Glucera

has 15 grams of Protein but 16 carbs and 6 sugars, only had 4 small sips, my tummy is not reacting well

to it. but it was a thought

Kinda wonder if its my blood sugar running to low is why I am weak?

I do take my metformin' date=' I checked it a few mins and it was 115.

Maybe I can eliminate carbs completely. altho I am drinking a Glucera

has 15 grams of Protein but 16 carbs and 6 sugars, only had 4 small sips, my tummy is not reacting well

to it. but it was a thought[/quote']

It is normal to be weak at your stage. Have you started taking Vitamin b-12 yet? I am almost 3 months post op and I still get bouts of weakness. Could be blood pressure meds too if your on them

It is normal to be weak at your stage. Have you started taking Vitamin b-12 yet? I am almost 3 months post op and I still get bouts of weakness. Could be blood pressure meds too if your on them

no i havent gotten the B12 yet, think they start my shots 6 months out, i ran out of the one that i put under my tongue to dissolve. I do take high blood pressure med, but i started splitting the 20 mg to a 10 mg before surgery. was waiting till my post op appt before getting off of the pills, Next week I go so maybe I will be ok by then or not, and then he sees it.

Well she did a check of below too and found out my uterus is enlarged too so I went for a stat ultrasound. They wouldn't give much details but talked about Fibroids. I know this is off topic' date=' but has anyone had one? I already have had children, no plans for anymore, so I am not worried about fertility. I am thinking if the pain doesnt go away with prescription/infection, and I do have some uterus fibroids, maybe a hysterectomy? Not that I want to do another surgery, but I don't need my uterus anymore. I read that most are benign, so I hope this is my case as well if I have one.[/quote']

I'm in the process of seeing a GYN oncologist to have a radical hysterectomy. I have been diagnosed w complex hyperplasia atipia. I've never had fibroids as an adult, but as a teen i had irregular cycles. could last up to a month or longer w extremely heavy bleeding. oh the pain was ridiculous. had to go to the ER a couple times to find out what was happening. I had to use fertility treatment to have my daughter and son. Now my uterus is in a precancerous state. I went into menopause at 33yo :-( the hood nrws put of all of this is that luckily the oncologist performs the hysterectomy laparoscopically.

I would have it removed if you can to prevent further issues since you've had all you children.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I'm in the process of seeing a GYN oncologist to have a radical hysterectomy. I have been diagnosed w complex hyperplasia atipia. I've never had fibroids. But my uterus is in a precancerous state. Luckily the oncologist going to performs the hysterectomy laparoscopic.

I would have it removed if you can to prevent further issues since you've had all you children.

Make sure when you get the hysterectomy they take everything or in a few years they will do it again. And take the rest that's how they make the money

Hi All! I just joined yesterday. I'm from Western NY. Had my surgery 12/21/12 (you know' date=' the end of the world). Feeling good, healing nicely, so far, no issues with foods or liquids. Down 25 lbs, hooray![/quote']

Congrats and welcome :-)

I decided to get a little fancy and try an egg over easy with a thin slice of ham on top of half of a hashbrown. I knew it was a bad idea but I prayed so very hard over it and had already made up my mind that I wouldn't even try to eat the whole thing. I got about 4 bites in before the dumping started! I know it was the hashbrown, that was the only "new" thing. Oh well, lesson learned!

I decided to get a little fancy and try an egg over easy with a thin slice of ham on top of half of a hashbrown. I knew it was a bad idea but I prayed so very hard over it and had already made up my mind that I wouldn't even try to eat the whole thing. I got about 4 bites in before the dumping started! I know it was the hashbrown' date=' that was the only "new" thing. Oh well, lesson learned![/quote']

Next time egg over medium with ham and salsa that would be good.

I want cornbread with jalapeños in it

I was wondering too if anyone has had any issues with their periods either not coming or seeming to take it's good old time? I have had symptoms of my period coming for about 2 weeks now' date=' cramps and all, but no dice. Anyone else's cycle change or get funky?[/quote']

My period was 5 days late. I was wondering the same thing. And it seems heavier than usual. I guess it's to be expected since our bodies went through so much trauma. .

Next time egg over medium with ham and salsa that would be good.

I want cornbread with jalapeños in it

That was my first thought before I made it, but my pre-surgical me wanted that hashbrown to soak up the yolk lol gotta find a way to shut her up!

That was my first thought before I made it' date=' but my pre-surgical me wanted that hashbrown to soak up the yolk lol gotta find a way to shut her up![/quote']

Yea I hear that. Mine is screaming all the time doing things I shouldn't. Doc already going to be pissed I am eating foods all together. But it's tough.

Is it possible to get too much Protein? I drink two Premier Protein drinks a day (each has 30g). Plus I usually get an additional 10-15g from my meals. I had surgery 12/19 and have only lost 10lbs. I get at least 40-60 oz of fluids a day. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks' date='

E[/quote']

I'm doing the same and weight loss has been very slow for me too. Started using myfitnesspal and I'm making tweaks and praying about it. Not sure what else to do beside the fact I started working out again this week.

Is anyone else struggling with making poor food choices early on? I'm kicking myself. I'm only 4 weeks out. Ugh. Just frustrated. I mean' date=' it's nothing like I used to eat but I'm reading all these other posts and know that I need to be making MUCH better choices. I want to.

I usually check out things on MFP prior to eating. But I didn't today. I finished lunch and thanks to that honey mustard my calorie intake was 660. Whoa!! Without the honey mustard it would have been 380. But seriously 660 in one sitting - that's the most ever post surgery. Lots of people at 4 weeks out have a hard time getting 600 a day let alone in one meal.

Why am I able to intake so much at one time?

Has anyone else messed up??[/quote']

You're not a lone. I was eating soft and solid foods 5 days after surgery. Craving everything. Able to eat, tolerate and digest all foods, no problem. Honestly that's been a curse. I'm back pedaling now to get my head in the game, stay on track and lose the weight. I didn't go through all of this for nothing.

I'm getting frustrated. I'm up 2 pounds

How is your weight loss coming along? I gained and lost too. It's got to be Water weight though. Are you tracking your Protein, carbs, calories? How much water are you drinking? Walking at all?