Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Great news and the diabetics of the group will understand this. Went to Dr. today and I am officially off all Meds now and the A1C was 6.9. If I do not lose another pound I have achieved my goal all ready. Even through all of our adversities it is possible to achieve our individual goals through this surgery.

I am so happy for you. You ROCK :-) That is awesome for your future health and great that thAt goal has been checked off. That is why many of us have this surgery. That is what needs to be held onto in adversities we face by this surgery, the goals pertaining to longevity of our lives!!!

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Gen, so glad the new hospital has been able to identify the problem and has a plan to correct things. Hope the cure is the least invasive and you are back home soon. I know you miss your daughter and you will be home soon! I am praying for a speedy recovery. Hugs. Debbie

Out of all of it I really miss my daughter. This in and out of the hospital is hard. It just brings out a lot of negative emotions for me. About ex and him not caring to take care of his daughter. About everything he's done. But honestly' date=' I think she would rather him not be around. I'm about 140 miles from my daughter and it isn't easy. She said sue them too.

Thank you everyone through this hard time. I'm having difficulty drinking and eating. I'm afraid I've started Hair loss. My Aunt is going to bring me some Isopure peach mangos Protein Drinks tomorrow. Tonight I was able to choose a very good dinner w came to 38 Proteins. Which was good for 1 meal. I just want to feel better and be at home w my baby.

I really wished we would hear from simplySouthern. Quite worried about how she is doing.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

I think suing is a good look.... I know u miss your daughter but all u are doing to be better will be for her best too. And the Exes are exes for a reason. He sounds like my ex. Children are smart and as long as we are honest they observe the actions of not only the primary parent but the other one as well.

Be encouraged and focus on your blessings. You have many! :-)

At the hospital. The uti is unbearable and I think I'm dehydrated. :(

Awww poor Sammy! I hope they get it under control for you. UTIs are absolute torture! :( hang in there; you will get through this.

Great news and the diabetics of the group will understand this. Went to Dr. today and I am officially off all Meds now and the A1C was 6.9. If I do not lose another pound I have achieved my goal all ready. Even through all of our adversities it is possible to achieve our individual goals through this surgery.

Congrats!!! Truly that is exciting news! We are proud of you! :D

That is great!! I also am off my boatload of meds!! It is awesome isn't it? I do really watch my carbs too!

Sounds like a lot of people on this thread are really struggling lately and could use some cheering up and positive vibes sent their way. Anyone have some good news to share? RNY related or not?

I'll start... It's Friday!! :)

Good news here!! My egd from yesterday showed my ulcers pretty well healed. Dr says unless pain starts up again I don't need another egd and they are on their way to healed!! :D Yay!!

Also, wanted to say, I include all my rny friends on here in my prayers every night! This is a journey for all of us and we all go thru it blind, hoping for the best! I wish you all comfort and strength to fight the battles you are going thru and hope all of us find the healthy lives we were looking for!!

Gen, you are in my prayers specifically. I can't imagine how it feels to be away from your daughter. Please get well soon and don't let those doctors screw you around!! :)

Just got out of hour meeting with nut over my failure to lose the last 5 weeks except for a one pound loss last week. Discovered I am taking Vitamins with synthroid which interferes with thyroid meds. So possible problem there. I was told 800 cal to much. Need to be under 600. No more powered or Liquid Protein or Protein in any form but natural. meal plan is primarily fresh fruit and veggies with Beans and fiber-quinoa and flax seed. I can have one plain Greek yogurt and that is it. She did say that eating a cup or more of lettuce/salad greens was ok. I was concerned it was too much but was hungry. So, we shall see how this goes. I told her how skeptical I was but she assured me if I stuck to the meal plan the scale would start moving. I can only hope!!!

Just got out of hour meeting with nut over my failure to lose the last 5 weeks except for a one pound loss last week. Discovered I am taking Vitamins with synthroid which interferes with thyroid meds. So possible problem there. I was told 800 cal to much. Need to be under 600. No more powered or Liquid Protein or Protein in any form but natural. meal plan is primarily fresh fruit and veggies with Beans and fiber-quinoa and flax seed. I can have one plain Greek yogurt and that is it. She did say that eating a cup or more of lettuce/salad greens was ok. I was concerned it was too much but was hungry. So' date=' we shall see how this goes. I told her how skeptical I was but she assured me if I stuck to the meal plan the scale would start moving. I can only hope!!![/quote']

I take my thyroid first thing in the morning by itself. Then 1 hour later I take my Zantac. Then 1 hour later vitamins.

I haven't even tried salads. I have no interest in food. Everything doesn't sit well except chili. And I'm sick of that too. I'm going through a real crappy time right now with eating. it's one of those times I wish I never had surgery.

DOS 12/17/12 :)

I'm with you Nicole. There are very few things I can't eat and a lot of it so I keep wondering when the "tool" part will kick in. No weight loss hasn't helped either. I keep telling myself it will get better but eating things that look like bird seeds don't seem real appealing or sustainable. Chili will sound like heaven in a couple of weeks!

I'm with you Nicole. There are very few things I can't eat and a lot of it so I keep wondering when the "tool" part will kick in. No weight loss hasn't helped either. I keep telling myself it will get better but eating things that look like bird seeds don't seem real appealing or sustainable. Chili will sound like heaven in a couple of weeks!

Glad I'm not the only one! I guess we truck along and pray it gets better.

DOS 12/17/12 :)