Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

I am just starting soft foods and I was told by my NUT that I could eat crispy toast?!!

I am allowed bread in moderation also but I stay away from it although I do eat low fat saltine crackers and today for dinner I made brown Beans and cornbread and had a small slice in my beans

Ill have a few bites of bread now and then to keep from over doing it or snapping. I do eat few crackers that's my one vice. Only Water type crackers and maybe two or three. I like the minis.

Just curious what other people are losing. Tuesday will be 8 weeks and I am only down 33 pounds. I feel like that number should be higher. Plus I am frustrated because I go back to the dr on wednesday and since it is afternoon and I will have clothes on it will probably read a higher number. Which is totally discouraging to me even though I know in my head why. I really thought at 2 months out I would be down at least 40lbs. I definitely stall way more often then I lose! Getting irritated like I will be the one person this surgery doesn't work on. Nothing has made me dump. I dont eat red meat. I don't drink anything carbonated. Ugh. Anybody a few months ahead of me that started around 240 have a similar experience?

Also I generally workout however. I am really sick this week and can barely breathe when I am doing nothing let alone working out. I will be back to the gym as soon as I am able though.

Just curious what other people are losing. Tuesday will be 8 weeks and I am only down 33 pounds. I feel like that number should be higher. Plus I am frustrated because I go back to the dr on wednesday and since it is afternoon and I will have clothes on it will probably read a higher number. Which is totally discouraging to me even though I know in my head why. I really thought at 2 months out I would be down at least 40lbs. I definitely stall way more often then I lose! Getting irritated like I will be the one person this surgery doesn't work on. Nothing has made me dump. I dont eat red meat. I don't drink anything carbonated. Ugh. Anybody a few months ahead of me that started around 240 have a similar experience?

Hi. Well, I feel just like you. My starting weight was 246 and now I'm 202 I'm going through a stall. My surgery date was 11/6/12 and I expected to be in the 190's by now. It's very discouraging.

I had my surgery on Nov 20th. I'm officially down 30lbs. I'm proud of my accomplishment, however, I've been told that 2 months out, I should be down 40lbs. I have only lost 3lbs this month so far. I work out 4-5 days a week and I'm still struggling to eat 800 calories a day. I know I'm losing inches because my family says they can really tell and my clothes are definitely getting bigger. I take a few bites of food and I feel like I'm going to burst. Any suggestions?

Jessouder.... I'm alson at the end of 8 weeks I've lost a total of 39 lbs I too fell like I should be at 50 or more. I lost 35 in the first 4 wls and only 4 lbs this past month. Idk what is wrong. My carbs are under 30 a day sugar under 20 a day and my Protein is 80-100 a day. I only can intake around 32-40 oz of Water do I know that is an issue I generally walk at least a mile sometimes two a day I do strength training twice a week and aerobics twice a week. I was just at dr the other day my metabolism is at 1400 which is extremely low. I have lost 29% of my excess body fat and went from a size 24 to an 18 in pants and BMI dropped from 44 to 37 and that is making me feel alittle better. I however don't eat a very balanced diet I rarely eat vegetables or fruit grains potatoes starches I just drink shakes and eat chili Beans or meat shrimp ect so maybe that is why I'm so frustrated I think I might go back to clear liq duet and start all over to see if it will jump start it again. Good luck to you oh my calories are at 500-700 a day my nut wanted me to increase to 1000-1200 but dr says with my metabolism 900 or less will allow me to lose a lb a week and 500 or less ability to lose 2 a week I pretty much feel screwed and like I will have to starve myself to continue to lose weight. Good thing I'm never hungry lol

Hi. Well' date=' I feel just like you. My starting weight was 246 and now I'm 202 I'm going through a stall. My surgery date was 11/6/12 and I expected to be in the 190's by now. It's very discouraging.[/quote']

Mine was 11/6/12 too!! Started at 218 and I'm 191ish now, wish I was so much further along BUT wouldn't of lost even 5 without the surgery so I'll take it! I get down often but, there is no turning back so I might as well embrace it!

I am also frustrated. Lost 36 lbs and surgery was on 11/20. Not sure what is going on, I was hoping for a bigger loss by now. I guess I just need to keep going, slow loss is better , right? And maybe I need to learn patience. :)

Thanks everybody. Looks like I am not the only one not losing what was expected. Everybody says they see a difference and I do too just not enough of one. I definitely wanted to be under 200 by now and am stuck between 205&207. It goes up and down between those weights. My calories are generally right around 400-600. I have no clue what my metabolism is I will have to ask my surgeon. I run a busy salon and even if I don't workout I burn 2500 calories in 6 hours at work. Per my polar. But I do workout. I play raquetball and burn 700-900 calories in 45 minutes. Plus other stuff at the gym. Maybe I will try going back to liquid diet too. Can't hurt I guess.

The reason is the 400-600 calories your body is in starvation mode. At your stage you need to be getting at least 800 calories a day and also make sure you don't skip any meals and are drinking 64 ounces a day.

The reason is the 400-600 calories your body is in starvation mode. At your stage you need to be getting at least 800 calories a day and also make sure you don't skip any meals and are drinking 64 ounces a day.

I try to eat every 2-4 hours but I dont eat much. Dont want to be stuffed. I still come up short most days. I an going to try going back on liquid/protein shakes see if that helps.

Yep. Same here. 11/19 Surgery 263 now 229. It was two months yesterday. Was told the same thing. Should be at about 40 pounds. 34 is not bad but the struggle. I'm at around 700-800 calories. NUT wants 900. I do know when I shake it up a bit ill see a small drop. Water fluctuates. Protein on avg 70-80. At least I'm losing. But I'm still frustrated. I need to exercise more I guess. But in the past if I exercise too much I will go into starvation mode and have to eat more. That scares me too. But I guess some there are so many of us in this boat we are normal. Hang I there and let's keep supporting each other. Reading this really helps.

Hi. Well' date=' I feel just like you. My starting weight was 246 and now I'm 202 I'm going through a stall. My surgery date was 11/6/12 and I expected to be in the 190's by now. It's very discouraging.[/quote']

We have the exact same stats! How tall are u? I'm 5'3

xo Hilary