Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Encouragement..

I'm in need of real encouragement... I'm now 8 days post op. still hurting and barely tolerating liquids. I'm a nervous wreck about starting purée. How will I know in full? How will I keep it down? What if I one that doesn't lose? I know I'm over doing it.. But I'm in need of encouragement

Hi nursie made it t his far think of all the work you have done to get were you are today. This two will pass and soon I will a new woman. Best of luck and keep your head up

Keep in mind your hormones are all over the place after any surgery. I have to liken it to the "Baby blues" sort of. Worry about getting your fluids in right now, and slowly as you doc and nut have told you add the other foods. As far as knowing if you are full. you probably won't for a little while that is why it is important to measure. Starting out with a couple of ounces a meal and then building up. You have come so far. You can do this, I know you can. Trust yourself and all the knowledge you have been given these past several months. Treat yourself with kindness, you have just been through a major surgery and you need to sip, walk, rest and take gentle care of you. Gentle Hugs to You. We are all here for you.

I'm in need of real encouragement... I'm now 8 days post op. still hurting and barely tolerating liquids. I'm a nervous wreck about starting purée. How will I know in full? How will I keep it down? What if I one that doesn't lose? I know I'm over doing it.. But I'm in need of encouragement

I thought that. Kept seeing my self fat but not anymore 5 months

post-12660-13813810701286_thumb.jpg

mami... you are shrinking away!!

Vicki couldnt agree with you more you just say it so much more eloquantly then I ever could.

Nursie... no one is ever the "one" who doesnt lose weight unless they arent following pouch protocol. You will be fine. If you do have a stall, have patience and your scale will catch up with you.

Hugs your way!!

I had those same thought so the first thing is it ok to ask those question and it ok to worry a little. For me going from liquid to soft protien scared me. My sweet bestie said take one bite of the soft Protein food and see how is handle make sure you chew, chew and chew. The moment it does not taste right and or hurts stop eating and either move on to something else or just stop. The wonderful thing about this now is you get to re taste foods...some you may like and other might be gross. Don't panic it normal to change taste buds. Just do what your body tells you to do. For me I never have been able to and still can't tell when I am full so I am messuring before I eat. I am eating about 1/2 a cup of food at a time and I am eat 3 small meals a day with one snack. Good luck and I am here if you need to talk or share your worries with.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

I know it seems like you've failed at so many diets and exercises that how can this possibly work?? Well it will. This is different. We all took a huge step to help ourselves become healthier. You can do it just like the rest of us. You will see that your stomach is not the same! Eat slow, chew and take breaks between bites. I've learned that that's what works best for me. Flow your Protein and Water intake. Also take your Vitamins and you will do fine. I'm almost 3 months out and have lost 46lbs. You have to believe in yourself. This lifestyle and your new tummy will start to become natural to you.

I never thought in my life I would be consider slim/skinny. I been over weight since forever 15 years since having a child. I was 135/140 but size 13. I'm now 134 size 4. It's a little nuts cuz size 4 when I wasn't this size before but oh well.

WLS is a tool to help you lose weight the rest we are on our own. Excercise picking up healthy eating.

Did I think I would lose this much or be this size. Nope. I'm glad though. I feel great. I'm careful love shopping & love men!! So much attentions...

You will definitely lose and the best advice as far as knowing when you're full....eat slowly, chew well and do NOTHING else while you're eating or drinking your meal in the case of Protein shakes or Meal Replacements. You will definitely know when you've had enough. Remember to stop when you're "wondering" if the next bite or sip will be too much because it will be. Remember you can always finish that meal later on when you're not so full or there is room. You can do this!

I asked my doctor the success rate for losing weight with this surgery because I too have tried so many diets and failed...she told me, she has never seen someone not lose weight if they followed the eating and exercising rules given to them by her and the other bariatric team members. You know what.......she was right. I was so afraid I wouldn't lose and that this would fail but, I'm following her rules and it's coming off. It may be coming off slower than some but, it's my journey, my pace and it's coming off so I'm happy! It will come off for you to!