Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Out - After Beign A Chicken For 2 Years

So this is me. My name is Kathi, 28 years old, 165cm tall and 143kgs.

I've been tooing and froing about getting bariatric suregery for 2 years now. I have been big most of my life. Teased by kids as I'm sure many of you can relate to, and even worse have been discriminated against in all areas of life due to my size, including being passed over for promotions and postings to foreign climes. So not fair! So 2 years ago I got on track to get a lapband... I was scared and had a lot going on in my life at the time: Broken up relationship, job going weird, and many other things, so I chickened out after seeing the surgeon.

Now, I have matured and come to know myself more (its amazing what you find out about yourself when you lose the deadwood of a bad relationship and a bad job). Now I have realised that I need this tool to stop me becoming what I see my whole family becoming. I dont want Diabetes, or heart problems, I dont want to be immobile, I dont want to be prejudiced against anymore. I have tried everything! fad diets, weight watchers, diet pills, you name it

So here I am, Surgery booked in for 30 November. My Parents are giving me a loan to have it done (not that they can really afford it though, but they know its what I need...), and I will be paying it off for the next 5 years. But I feel its worth it.

I now have 6 weeks of preop diet in front of me, plus learning to eat, exercise, and change the way I think. Its a hard road, but I'm hoping at the end of it, the rny will be a life saver.

I'm on Day 2 of pre op diet. I think taking all things in context it's been successful. Minor slip ups, but I'm proud of my salmon, bok choi and broccoli in the face of others eating a mountain of pizza around me that I was pretty strong to only steal 2 bites of pizza. Still not ideal, but better than caving and eating a half pizza like I normally would. Plus going to 3 pubs this weekend and only having a tiny taste of beers that the others bought. I have the motivation, I just hope I can hold onto it! 40 minute wii dance workout this evening - so shattered. My cat thinks I'm crazy, but what does she know, she's a cat!

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you, and sharing in yours along the way :)

So this is me. My name is Kathi' date=' 28 years old, 165cm tall and 143kgs.

I've been tooing and froing about getting bariatric suregery for 2 years now. I have been big most of my life. Teased by kids as I'm sure many of you can relate to, and even worse have been discriminated against in all areas of life due to my size, including being passed over for promotions and postings to foreign climes. So not fair! So 2 years ago I got on track to get a lapband... I was scared and had a lot going on in my life at the time: Broken up relationship, job going weird, and many other things, so I chickened out after seeing the surgeon.

Now, I have matured and come to know myself more (its amazing what you find out about yourself when you lose the deadwood of a bad relationship and a bad job). Now I have realised that I need this tool to stop me becoming what I see my whole family becoming. I dont want Diabetes, or heart problems, I dont want to be immobile, I dont want to be prejudiced against anymore. I have tried everything! fad diets, weight watchers, diet pills, you name it

So here I am, Surgery booked in for 30 November. My Parents are giving me a loan to have it done (not that they can really afford it though, but they know its what I need...), and I will be paying it off for the next 5 years. But I feel its worth it.

I now have 6 weeks of preop diet in front of me, plus learning to eat, exercise, and change the way I think. Its a hard road, but I'm hoping at the end of it, the rny will be a life saver.

I'm on Day 2 of pre op diet. I think taking all things in context it's been successful. Minor slip ups, but I'm proud of my salmon, bok choi and broccoli in the face of others eating a mountain of pizza around me that I was pretty strong to only steal 2 bites of pizza. Still not ideal, but better than caving and eating a half pizza like I normally would. Plus going to 3 pubs this weekend and only having a tiny taste of beers that the others bought. I have the motivation, I just hope I can hold onto it! 40 minute wii dance workout this evening - so shattered. My cat thinks I'm crazy, but what does she know, she's a cat!

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you, and sharing in yours along the way :)[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your story, I can relate... , So are you from the uk?

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm from New Zealand, but I have family in the UK. :)

welcome and happy to have you with us and excited to follow your journey. Big Hugs

Welcome! It's a big step to make for its a step in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing more from your journey.

Surgery 7/25/12

welcome to the boards. You are getting ready for the ride of your life!!!

Taking the FIRST step is the hardest!!!

You have now found an amazing support system with people who will rapidly become your "friends"...and NEVER judge.

WE are all in this together. I wish you MUCH success and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Jeff

Welcome to the family!

I'm new here too, and I wish I the very best!!! I just had my surgery and I know it was for the very best!! Can't wait to see ur journey, and thankmu for letting us all be a part of it! Rebecca :)

I'm new here too' date=' and I wish I the very best!!! I just had my surgery and I know it was for the very best!! Can't wait to see ur journey, and thankmu for letting us all be a part of it! Rebecca :)[/quote']

Welcome you will enjoy it here