Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery At The Mi Hospital

Keep us updated, alot of people are chosing to do this, I would ask for a referral for your after care to a bariatric dr close to you cause your gonna need follow ups, and your gonna have questions. Im my self is saving up $ so I can get mine! Not to sound bitter but it just kills me the people that have multiple wls and complain, and their ins pays for all! So judging here but let me know about the place! Good luck!

I had my surgery here but my cousin did a self pay in Mexico. I will ask her if can get a hold of her today. She is phenomenal! She had no complications or issues. She is probably a year out. All of her after care has been in so cal where she lives. Also the Blogger the world according to egg face did a self pay in Mexico. You can check if she has anything to add.

Best of luck & Congrats on the date!

Surgery 7/25/12

We have a member doing really bad , she had surgery in Tijuana Mexico nov 12, dr Quinones , might be spelled wrong sorry, She had a botched surgery in Mexico... She is safein a San Diego hospital now.... She warns us not to self pay in Mexico .... You can see her story in the November members thread

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

We have a member doing really bad ' date=' she had surgery in Tijuana Mexico nov 12, dr Quinones , might be spelled wrong sorry, She had a botched surgery in Mexico... She is safein a San Diego hospital now.... She warns us not to self pay in Mexico .... You can see her story in the November members thread

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Omg! That's horrible

I know.... It's scary

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm scheduled 1/7 to have surgery with Dr. Lopez at the Mi hospital in Tijuana' date=' Mexico. I'm very nervous but excited. I'm concerned about after care. Can anyone tell me what to expect?[/quote']

My husband had surgery Monday night everything went great and he was in the hotel on Wednesday. Be warned you cant call Mexico unless you have international calling. There are no free numbers for hospital or hotel. We have been talking through email. He did get to use the cell phone they had to call me once. So if your a talker check with your cell phone people about planning a trip to Mexico. The Internet went out yesterday and I had an anxiety attach because I didn't know if my husband was ok. Plus he is a diabetic and couldn't read what I was writing until someone gave him their reading glasses, his eyes were blurry because of the diet and being a diabetic. Good luck to you. Don't doubt your decision, stay positive!

Gastric bypass in Tiajuana Mx

I had surgery on April 2nd, 2013 in Tiajuana. My surgeon was Dr. Garcia and I have had zero complications. My starting weight was 289 and I am currently 232. My surgery was at Mi hospital and they took very good care of me.

Newbie - I am planning on going to Cancun, Mexico for my gastric bypass surgery on October 11, 2013. I am super excited and scared. People say they take very good care of you. I hope this is true. My biggest concern is when I get home and there are complications. Did you have any complications?

You all have to understand something... You only hear about the "botched" surgeries in Mexico because it is a foreign country. Nobody talks about the number of "botched" surgeries in the US or Canada. There are far fewer in Mexico! The private medical system in Mexico is far superior to any developed country I've dealt with. They need to compete with the US and Canada for their reputations before they even pick up the scalpel. The number one rule no matter where you go??? Do your research!!!!