Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tmi, But Hoping Some One Can Help !

Ok, I'm sorry if anyone gets grossed out by this, but I need to know if anyone else has gone thru this. This morning after getting up for work, I went in the bathroom and was having a BM that turned into diarrhea, that then turned into sweating,shaking and feeling really sick

to my stomach. I then began to vomit, but it was just dry heaves and spit coming out it was about 10mins of this. It had been at least 12 hours since I had eaten anything, and what I had for dinner was the same thing I had the night before with no problems. Just wondering if any one else experienced this, I was really upset and scared that something was wrong.

I haven't experienced this but doesn't mean it out of the ordinary. Did you eat something late that your body didn't wake you up to get rid of? Maybe it just waited for you to wake up.

How are you feeling now?

Surgery 7/25/12

I haven't experienced this but doesn't mean it out of the ordinary. Did you eat something late that your body didn't wake you up to get rid of? Maybe it just waited for you to wake up.

How are you feeling now?

Surgery 7/25/12

No the last I ate was around 7:30 pm the night before, this has happened before ,but never with the vomiting It seems

Like if food does not work for me it does not happen till hours later. I was scared to really eat any thing today, so I had 2 protien shakes , some cheese & some ricotta cheese with sauce and a small bit of angel hair Pasta for dinner, I'm hoping this will sit well.

I had this happen to me before I had the surgery' date=' and it was dehydration

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I really have up my intake of liquids lately, seems to be getting better with drinking. I think I might call my doctor and ask what he thinks.

That sounds like dumping

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

That sounds like dumping

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I thought so too, but 12 hours later !!!

Sounds like late dumping. DLCoggin can help explain. lol

Sounds like late dumping. DLCoggin can help explain. lol

I did see his post on that, was a little confused because he said a couple of hours, mine was over 12 !! I quess I need to keep track of what I'm eating at night.

Sounds like dumping to me also

DL had a post about dumping. There is "late" dumping. I think it is was 12 hours later but u would have to check his post. Dlcoggin

surgeversary 7/24/12, highest weight 267, surgery weight 262, current weight 216

The same thing happened to me, I thought it was late dumping, but it turned out the dry heaving was a sign I was hungry. My stomach doesn't growl when I'm hungry I get nausea and dry heaving. Our mind tells us that because we are dry heaving that we must be sick so we don't eat. Next time try eating right after and you might feel better.

Late dumping normally occurs within one to three hours after you have eaten. Twelve hours is a long time and it's unlikely that the diahrea and vomiting had anything to do with what you ate the night before. Whatever you ate should have moved through your system long before that.

Your symptoms sound a lot like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Easy to confirm if you're a present or former diabetic and have a blood sugar test kit. If it happens again, check your blood sugar. I'm not sure what the medically defined point is where it technically becomes hypoglycemia but if your sugars are below 70 or so, you might try eating a piece of fruit or even a small square or two of chocolate. If it is hypoglycemia, your symptoms will disappear very quickly when you ingest any kind of sugar.

Either way, I like your idea of calling your doctor!

I stand corrected DL:) I had read your post and for some reason was thinking the late dumping was further out. Thanks for the correction. Good luck irshangel! Hope your Dr gives u some answers and hope you are feeling better.

This sounds like what i went through in the middle of the night. Keep in mind I am have not had surgery yet. But I am diabetic, Woke up at 3 in the morning sweating profusely couldn't lift myself out of bed, woke hubby had him get my glucose meter. my blood sugar was 56, my husband poured orange juice down my throat, came up to 69 then he fed me some ice ceam then it was 114. When i got up this morning it was 297. I felt the dirahea and nauseu this morning and feel like I have been ran over by a truck. So your symptoms do sound like low blood sugar.

Late dumping normally occurs within one to three hours after you have eaten. Twelve hours is a long time and it's unlikely that the diahrea and vomiting had anything to do with what you ate the night before. Whatever you ate should have moved through your system long before that.

Your symptoms sound a lot like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Easy to confirm if you're a present or former diabetic and have a blood sugar test kit. If it happens again, check your blood sugar. I'm not sure what the medically defined point is where it technically becomes hypoglycemia but if your sugars are below 70 or so, you might try eating a piece of fruit or even a small square or two of chocolate. If it is hypoglycemia, your symptoms will disappear very quickly when you ingest any kind of sugar.

Either way, I like your idea of calling your doctor!

After surgery I have been wondering will treating a low blood sugar cause me to dump and then the process of yuck start all over.