Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Thanks Randy! I'm loving him already. You can see it on Bikerornot.com. Just look for this same screen name. Or tell me how to post a picture...lol

Yes, ROT is in the plan but I haven't bought my tickets yet. Planning on doing the camping thing this year for the total experience. That and it's my bday weekend. Woohoo!

Tell Joy Hi for me and see ya'll soon.

:smile2:

Well, Joy's idea of roughing it is black and white television so we're staying at the Crown Plaza again this year. She is taking Friday off so we will be able to come down on Thursday. The closest we got to camping was the year we stayed at the Extended Stay place, right by the on ramp for I-35. Bikes were going on to the interstate all night long...you know, winding it up and blowing it out...we didn't get hardly any sleep until about 5 am and it all started back up about 5:30. Sheesh!

I hope you have some luck with the picture...

Must be riding season, ain't nobody posting squat. The only reason I'm on here is because of the threat of heavy rains and hail, today. I can handle the rain but those hailstones tend to sting. Let's hear about your most recent ride.

Mine was down to Lake Somerville, just southwest of Bryan, TX. The Hawgs of Texas rally. Years ago they tried to promote it as a "family" oriented rally, but when you get bikers, beer and babes together the family thing sort of goes out the window. I rode in about noon and found a place to park the Roadking right there on the main drag, coming into the rally area. Walked over and got the t-shirt and a cold adult beverage, checked out the vendors, listened to some excellent rock and roll. After securing a second adult beverage, went back to the bike and sat there watching the parade of bikes and people at the rally. The two guys I parked by were REAL busy taking pictures. At one point I heard them talking about the 695 pictures they had on their camera. I hope their SD chip held out. This all continued until shortly before the sun went down. Having secured a room in Bryan as I drove thru, I left and went to my hotel. Upon arrival, I called a friend who lives in the area and we went to dinner at the IHOP. Good times, good friends, good food. As we parted ways later that evening, I noticed the skies lighting up and heard the far off rumble of thunder. As the storms moved into the area, I fell asleep in my warm, dry hotel room. The next morning was cool and cloudy so I decided to head to the house. A couple of hours later, pulled into the carport and had a great weekend with the missus.

Hey All,

Just checkin in to see what's up and it look's like it's ridin season for everyone! Aint nobody around! That's good though, if your ridin, your doin alright! Myself I'm workin like a dog tryin to keep fuel in 8 semi's (BIG OUCH!) Let's not even go to the fuel subject . . . . . . . . . .

Happy to report I'm down "70" lbs, should be more but with my line of work there's just no way to eat right and visit the gym everyday. Workin out of town all the time and just gettin by with these DAMNED fuel prices and tryin to keep the drivers under control. I'm ready for fall to get her already, I dont do well in 100+ heat.

Hope everyone is gettin plenty of ridin in, we're takin time off headin for the Rockies and up through Utah, then down through Yellowstone (wife's never see it), hit Sturgis, back through the Rockies and back to the flat lands of Kanzass. Just makin one big loop with no place we have to be at any certin time. No time line's, no worries!

Enjoy your ridin season and be safe out there, winter's just around the corner! Good luck all, Steve

Hi all, Haven't riden lately, but am thinking about trading up to a Susuki Tramp. I love my little EN500, but would feel more comfortable on 3 wheels. Hubby has a Harley Dyna. I want something to ride long haul. Ride safe...

Hi guys Im new to the forum, Im going to be banded on August 12th.

I have been riding dirtbikes all my life...

Then on my 16th birthday I bought 2 motorcycles. I got thrown out of the house for it but it was totally worth it!

I used to buy and sell motorcycles so Ive ridden about every kind out there. Now I try to ride Italian bikes, cafe racers, naked bikes, and street fighters whenever possiable. I'm lucky enough to live in a warm climate where I can ride EVERYDAY. So yeah, I live, sleep, and breath riding!!!!

I currently own a Yamaha R6 (crotch rocket) for track days, :wink2: and a

Kawasaki Z1000 (naked bike/street fighter) for everyday riding

The pic is of my Z1000

post-243921-13813137392186_thumb.jpg

Hey everybody!

Welcome to the newbies. I've been remiss about getting on. Yes, doing a lot of riding but also backsliding a little on the weight loss. So much drama in my life I've regressed to old habits. Working my way back out of it though cuz I have to keep me in mind first at this point.

On the positive side I have put 7000 miles on my new HD, Elvis, since April. Of course that means I have three harley services this year...lol Ouch! I'm also heading up to Milwaukee at the end of August for the 105th anniversary party. Anyone else going up there?

I hope this finds everyone doing well.

Randy....I haven't heard any good ROT stories. Where are yours and Joys? :)

Peace everyone and ride safe and often!

Hey Carol....ROT stories, eh??? Well...The concert was great! The parade was great! Good riding, good food, lots of pics (that I can't put on here, lol) Got a tattoo!

Right after Austin, we took off and went to Vegas on a "family" vacation. There were 10 of us all together and I will NEVER do that again. Came out about even on the gambling, but everything else cost us. But still came back with about half of our money. I sent all the girls (8 of them) to the spa at the Hilton for the day. The busiest person there was the cabana boy and the cocktail waitress...LOL

Just got Maybelle back from the HD in Waco. She blew a shoe while I was at work. Tried some "Fix-a-flat" but that did NOT work. Loaded her up in the truck (won't do that again, either. Not enough truck for the RoadKing) and took her over yesterday. Turned out to be a pinched tube that the dealer installed. So all I was out was the time to drive over there twice. But the trade off was the ride home. Hot, dry, sunny and finer than frogs hair.

Sorry to hear about your dramas. I'm sure you will get back on track in no time. Joy is still losing ssssllllllooooooowwwly. She is down 89 lbs. She is talking about going to the gym to help rev up her metabolism, but she has been talking about it for about a month, too....LOL Oh well, at least the scale isn't going up.

Wish I could say I had put some miles on my bike, but alas, it is in the shop for clutch problems. My dream is to buy a new HD after I drop about 100 pounds, but I am not even scheduled for surgery yet. In the meantime, I ride vicariously through others! Enjoy your freedom on the road!

CJ, good luck tomorrow on that approval. I'm sure you'll get it. And as far as the new Harley goes...some of the older ones ride just as sweet. Mother Maybelle has taken me on some looooong rides with nary a problem. She waits till we get home to blow a gasket or lose a shoe. Let us know how the approval thing goes.

Carol, where the heck are you? You didn't decide to stay in Milwaukee, did you? I need to hear some riding stories, seeing as how I didn't take a loooong vacation this year. Talked to a couple yesterday, from here, that just got back from up there and then some. They did 4200+ miles in 18 days. They were pooped, but you couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces with sandpaper...LOL Where are you, girl????

Sittin in SA waiting to greet Ike...lol

Woohoo!!!! Milwaukee was an excellent adventure. I did little over 3600 miles in 9 days roughly. Made the ride by myself up there and back. No issues, only blessings and fabulous weather. Even took Elvis to Graceland and got a picture of him in front of the gates. That was the longest day from Milwaukee to Memphis. 664 miles in 11 1/2 hours. We went to the museum...really cool stuff. We rode in the parade with over 7500 other bikes. Great time! And I finally saw Springsteen in concert. He played for over 3 hours. Wore me out...lol Saw lots of very cool bikes and met lots of really cool people. I had originally planned on crossing down through Louisiana on the way back but Gustav kind of messed up those plans. My goal was to hit as many dealerships as I could on the way up and back. Forgot about the 9/1 holiday and all the dealers being closed so that messed up my totals but still I hit 35 of them. Had lots of fun bouncing around the country. Almost, really close to Almost headed for the Dragon's Tail cuz I really want to ride that. Maybe we could plan an outing for next year to do that one? I think it's 388 turns in 6 miles. Elvis did great! We have over 11,000 miles in just over 5 months. I really need to slow down...lol

I hope alls well with you! I may be back up that way for another visit sometime soon. It would be fun if Joy and you and I could get together for a visit. It won't be on the bike though cuz I need to claim some of my junk from my Mom's house. I'll let you know if I decide to come that direction.

Peace!!

Almost headed for the Dragon's Tail cuz I really want to ride that. Maybe we could plan an outing for next year to do that one? I think it's 388 turns in 6 miles.

Actually, it's 318 turns in 11 miles.... In Florida we have a saying: Tail of the Dragon is 318 turns in 11 miles, Tail of Florida is 318 miles and 11 turns.... LOL

Sandy in FLorida

Good Morning Carol,

That parade was awesome!!!!! Daughter lives just a few blocks from the route. Hey, was it true that Arnold THE TERMANATOR (I'm not going to attempt to spell his last name :) ) Gov of CA., and his counter part part the mean termanator from #2, was in the parade. I saw the second guy, he rode right past us. Then there was another guy who I swear looked like Patrick Swazey? brother. It was amazing, let me tell you, I was overwhelmed that day, just to be there and seeing it all. I'll admit, I shed a tear and don't even know why, it was wonderful. Seeing all the Chapter flags and the other country flags. I ride a Kawasaki 500, DH rides a Dyna. We took his bike this time, but we did see other bikes in Milwaukee.

Over all, it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Also found that I prefered sitting on a FatBoy as it, not lowered nor built for women. Felt too squeezed in on the shorter one.

Ride safe,

D'

Carol, glad to see that you made it back in one piece. I'll bet that was a fantastic party up in Milwaukee. Did you take plenty of pictures? Too bad Gustav had to screw up your plans, but you could always wait for Ike to hit and then go for a ride....LOL I'm kidding, don't do that. As for the ride to Deal's Gap, I'm all for it. You should have gone ahead and did it. The best time is during the week, like a Wednesday. The day I rode down there were very few bikes and even fewer cars. I didn't feel so bad going so slow. Made me realize that the Roadking isn't made for fast cornering...lol Still had a permanent smile for about 4 days. Listen, you've got my number. You get up this way, give me a shout. If I'm not at work I'll come meet you.