Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I put an event together today for my work....it was a memorial service for our hospice patients...I have put together so many events but I got so ill about stupid stuff....I hate last minute stuff but today it felt like I was going crazy inside....which is so unlike me.....I don't under stands.....even though the event went off with out a problem.....everyone loved it.....I thought any moment something was going to ho wrong....URG!!!!@

How is everyone doing?

I have my first fill on Monday and i'm excited! I've been trying not to eat much but sometimes I feel like i've got to crunch something. It always happens when Aunt Flo visits. I try to drink and feel full that way but of course I have to get that crunch. So I have some granola. I'm proud of myself because I haven't had any candy :) its tough not to grab 1 or 2 of the mini snickers or a bite of a kit kat but i'm staying strong. I just take day by day :)

Halloween candy is evil! I don't crave any sweets but just the site is tempting I'm sure if I tryed it I wouldn't even like it so I'm bit going there not even with sugar free has ur taste buds changed a lot with lap band

Hi everyone I went back to work last week skipped Monday because of the storm. I had trouble getting in my Water felt weak as a kitten from dehydration then nausea. Ate my meals easily until Friday tried to hydrate in the am then threw up nothing since I hadn't eaten but kept heaving for ten min. Finally took a zofran and ate my cream of wheat felt a bit better. Nausea came back until I ate my lunch egg salad. Went home early slept in major sat. Hydrating this weekend. Must admit I am eating my meals but not doing my Protein Drinks. Also I do not always purée my meals bt I chew thouroughly. I see so much variation in the meal plans ie someone wasn't ALLOWED to have shakes , some went to reg food almost immediately , others on the mushy for weeks on end like me.

Hi everyone I went back to work last week skipped Monday because of the storm. I had trouble getting in my Water felt weak as a kitten from dehydration then nausea. Ate my meals easily until Friday tried to hydrate in the am then threw up nothing since I hadn't eaten but kept heaving for ten min. Finally took a zofran and ate my cream of wheat felt a bit better. Nausea came back until I ate my lunch egg salad. Went home early slept in major sat. Hydrating this weekend. Must admit I am eating my meals but not doing my Protein drinks. Also I do not always purée my meals bt I chew thouroughly. I see so much variation in the meal plans ie someone wasn't ALLOWED to have shakes ' date=' some went to reg food almost immediately , others on the mushy for weeks on end like me.[/quote']

I've been wondering how you were. This is a very hard lifestyle change. Some manage better than others. Hope things get better for you! I'm right there with ya though. I had the foamies last night....yuck! Some days are better than others. I go back to work this coming weekend. Kinda ready for normalcy but kinda not...lol. It was good to hear from you!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

Thanks Jess glad you are feeling better to. I am lucky the surgery itself has been great but my poor physical condition is my challenge now. Just got to stick it out and get down a bit more so I can exercise.

I am just here to whine a little I hope that is ok. I never feel well. I am having major ketosis symptoms. I brush my teeth a million times and my mouth still tastes so bad it makes me constantly gag. I get so tired and dizzy. Its all i can do to eat my 2oz 3xs a day because it doesnt taste that great. I have not been able to force myself to take my meds and Vitamins. I have tried pill' date=' liquid, and chewable vitamins and i cant make myself take them. I feel gaggy/vomity all the time. My son and hubby r sick of me being sick (me too). Smells bother me too. A few weeks ago I loved the smells of food cooking even tho i couldnt eat it. I am about 2 months postop. I am worried because I have been skipping my anti depressants and anxiety meds. I have also been having problems with pain control during my pms. I have always had pain but this is way worse. Trying to manage the pain with Tylonol instead of ibuprofin is so difficult for me. Not to mention taking the tylonol pills is hard. I know i dont have a stricture because Water is fine and other than the bad taste the food is fine. I am debating eating some healthy carbs just to stop the ketosis. My drs diet orders r no carbs. I wish ther was some way to get my meds in a shot form. And a more powerful pain relief for my pms.

Thx for reading my rant. Any replys r welcome.[/quote']

Sorry you're feeling so rotten. I've been kind of sick of eating issues too. My pain in the side thing finally seems to have went away. But I hardly ever feel 'good' after I eat. If I'm lucky Its just a general bad feeling and not horrible acid sitting in my throat. I don't think I have the same issues as you though. I have o say, I've never heard of the no carbs thing. I know it's last on the list of importance to get in but if nothing else is going in then I would think it's better than nothing. Be careful if you do, some give you issues. One thing I'm annoyed with is I'll eat something I ave previously had success with and it'll give me pain. Tell your doctor what's happening and ask to try carbs. It may be he said no only for weight loss purposes, or to save room for more important foods like Protein and veggies. For your mouth tasting weird, I'd say carry around some sugar free gum. It won't cure it but it'll help at the moment. And keep up your water, that's a big issue for me.

No' date=' my esophagus is eroding. They put me back on liquids. Soooooo basically starting over to allow it to heal. They also changed one of my meds. Still can't get enough Fluid or Protein in. My doc told me that my hair would definitely start falling out in the next few months.

I'm convinced this surgery is gonna be the death of me.

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12[/quote']

How are you feeling?

Halloween candy is evil! I don't crave any sweets but just the site is tempting I'm sure if I tryed it I wouldn't even like it so I'm bit going there not even with sugar free has ur taste buds changed a lot with lap band

I have been letting myself ave a little. It's weird his I have so many problems eating but the strangest things are ok all the time...like candy and popcorn. I know I have to be careful, but it's hard not to give in when 'goid' food is making you hurt and this doesn't.

How are you feeling?

Doing much better, thanks! Still not quite getting enough Protein in but I feel good most days. My surgeon doesn't seem as strict as most. I'm allowed carbs in moderation. But I don't have hundreds to lose either. I can eat most healthy things in small amounts. I ate a few of my sons French fries the other night and ended up with the foamies....yuck!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

Doing much better' date=' thanks! Still not quite getting enough Protein in but I feel good most days. My surgeon doesn't seem as strict as most. I'm allowed carbs in moderation. But I don't have hundreds to lose either. I can eat most healthy things in small amounts. I ate a few of my sons French fries the other night and ended up with the foamies....yuck!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12[/quote']

Glad to hear you're doing better! I definately don't get my protein in or my water:(. I feel like a kindergartener about picking food

Glad to hear you're doing better! I definately don't get my Protein in or my water:(. I feel like a kindergartener about picking food

I dumped so bad after eating chic noodle Soup last night.....never again! It stinks when u cant tolerate a normal food like soup

Hello sept members how is everyone doing?

Hello sept members how is everyone doing?

doing great and our Facebook page is doing phenomenal. how are you?