Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had RNY 7/16/13 when I was 56 years old and 329 lbs.

11 months post op, 57 years old and I now weigh 201 lbs.

Feeling great.

Could not have done this years ago because I was NOT in the right mindset to stick to the rules of the program. My mind is at a different level now. I believe I will keep the weight off. I do not intend to become a "fat ass" again. Being fat is painful!

Edited by BowlingHooker

I am 58 and having bypass this Friday, 6/27. I am scared to death because I have read all these stories of post op people vomiting, Constipation PAIN etc. etc. Pain doesn't worry me as I have been in pain for the last 10 years. Vomiting and constipation worry me. I am concerned about my incisions and what the muscles have to do when you vomit. I know this is quite graphic and I apologize. I am also concerned about taking meds with such tiny amounts of Water and not wanting to take anything at all because afraid I will bring it up. Did any of you have these worries or not have these problems?

Hi Zackate,

As long as you stick to your doctors instructions and don't try and push forward faster than he recommends with different foods, listen to your body and at first you will want to eat very small amounts anyway, you will be fine. I had the sleeve done a couple of years back and didn't lose enough and then a just over a year ago I had the bypass. Both times followed directions of my doctor had no complications and feel great. With the vomiting, as your stomach is gonna be small, it's not a big vomit like you had when you been sick in the past. If you're having keyhole surgery this again lessons the amount of pain you will be in because you're not cutting open big stomach muscles. My Skype is. Renshi43 if you wish to talk to me more about it as everybody has the similar fears and concerns but happy to enter any questions that you would like. My experience was that good that if I had do this every two years I would. (not that I'm planning to put any weight back on LOL)

Hi Zackate, I was one of the fortunate ones, I had no pain after the first day, no gas pains at all. I didn't have any vomiting problems until a ways down the road and that was from not being able to tolerate certain foods or taking that one too many bites n then paid the price. For me it's been learning how to retrain myself to eat. As far as Constipation, I've learned to use stool softener and that's about all I needed. If things got bad I'd have a glass of milk. It worked every time for me. Lol I can't tolerate milk anymore since surgery...not sure if that's any help but that's been my experience. Oh, and I'm 4-1/2 months out.

I will be 54 in September had RNY on 6/19/14.

Lisa, I will be 55 in September and I had rny on feb 5th, 2014.

I turned 65 last week and am a year and a half out from surgery. Turned out to be a great decision for me.

I'm on my journey and very nervous

How long before I can go back to work

Can I ever have a margarita again

How much hair will I lose

How much pain

Will I throw up a lot

I'm on my journey and very nervous How long before I can go back to work Can I ever have a margarita again How much hair will I lose How much pain Will I throw up a lot

I am 57 and was 56 when I had surgery. I was out of work 2 full weeks. I did well -- very little throwing up. If you are throwing up a lot something is wrong and you need to see your surgeon. I lost some hair but the Biotin helps.

17 months post surgery and I am down 124 lbs and feel great. I rode a bike 6 miles today. I have my life back.

I'm on my journey and very nervous How long before I can go back to work Can I ever have a margarita again How much hair will I lose How much pain Will I throw up a lot

Oh and the margarita? Had a hall of one last night. Before I ate any food!

Hi I'm just turned 57 in dec having GB on Feb 14 I'm looking for someone close to me for a work out partner I'm in Lilburn Ga having my surgery at Gwinnett Med in Duluth Ga with Dr Richards.

Hi. I am 57 thinking about revision to bypass from band. Many probs. how are you doing?

Hi there, I'm 51 n I'm 5 days post-ion I'm feeling horrible. I woke up super hungry which just set the whole tone for the day. My stomache is killing me. I have not thrown up but every time I drink something it hurts. Not doing anything it hurts. I'm feeling so frustrated, depressed n defeated. I have a Dr appt Monday n just don't

Know how I will make it if I feel like this. I'm trying room temp stuff now n that's a little better but I'm sooo regretting this decision I made to have Rny. Any advice for this frustrated newby???