Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is like to know is?........ Does it take older people like myself longer to lose the weight as opposed to people not in their fifties? I will ask my dr. When I see him but if you know do tell please.

Wow it's been awhile since I've been on this site,i was having issues logging in.hope to catch up on all the posts soon! Drucella, i believe it's pretty individual as to how quickly the weight comes off so i can only speak for myself. I am 49 and will be 50 in June, had my surgery 11/20/12. I think I'm doing fairly well as I'm down 74 pounds in just over 5 months. In the beginning my weight was coming off slower than a few others (younger) but it has been pretty steady with a couple short stalls. seems everyone loses at a different pace no matter what their age is. It has alot to do with your metabolism and of course that slows with age but that doesn't mean you can't raise it!

To echo what Sky said, it just depends. I turned 50 in Dec, surgery was 11/27 & I've lost 85 lbs. I have 35 lbs to go. I was pretty lazy about exercise for the first few months & have recently amped up my gym time. My biggest issue is flappy skin. Not sure how that's all going to work out at my age.

My mom (70) had the surgery last year and lost on average a pound a day for the first three months. I, on the other hand, younger, and more into exercise, lost 20 the first month, 10 the second, and am fighting for every pound after that. So one thing I'm sure of is that it's not necessarily age-related.

I'm 53' date=' had my RNT on April 9th - best thing I ever done !!!![/quote']

I am 53 as well had my surgery April 7; best thing I have ever done as well!

I'll be 50 in Aug. I had my surgery on 6/10/13!

I'm 53, I had my surgery on May 30. I wish I had done it sooner.

Where are you Terry I'm in Australia

I am on the northeastern coast of the US, in southern RI.

Australia is beautiful! (I watch HGTV's House Hunters) lol

Another oldie here I just turned 55 and am having surgery on August 8th.

Nybody out there starting this adventure that is in their 50's?

I am 53, I had my operation in April.

Had stalled for while but now starting to loose again, getting into old smaller clothes now and bought some new ones another size smaller. I call these goal clothes lol. Since I started this journey I have gone from a XXXXXL shirt to comfortable XL. And can get into Large now ( just) so all good. Another 6 months and I will be at my goal. It's going slowly but in the right direction.

I'm an oldster too! I turned 53 on the 4th of July. Surgery is 22nd August. I had th failed lapband removed last summer and now ready for step 2. I don't hane any health issues except the weight. No high blood pressure, diabetics or sleep apnea. Just fat. My insurance sent an authorization letter today but in the fine print (3 font) it said "authorization does not guarantee payment. I may be out over 20K. I'm worth it. That's what I say. Looking forward to getting to know all of you other seasoned ladies!