Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you excited? Have you had to go thru allot to get here? I didn't have to do any pre surgery diet..only had to see dietician 2x and psych evaluation

Yes I'm excited! I had to do a orientation class and a 8 week weight management class then I had a complexity of weight loss class. I have had a sleep apnea consult and am waiting to schedule the actual sleep apnea testing this coming week I think. I have to go to a appointment with the nutritionist and social worker on Jan 7th. Hopefully after that I go in for blood tests and pre op appointments. Then I get to see the surgeon and set a date. It's been awhile but I think the finish line is getting here! Some day! Lol

That's great! OncE you can get a glimpse of the Finnish line things move reallY fast! I can't believE I'm 6wks out already..the time since surgery has really gone fast

I just can't wait to get there! I'm so ready for this I know it will be hard but I have dreamed of doing this for years! I've been reading everything I can on the subject and now belong to a bypass support group too. Been a busy 4 mos that's for sure! I hope I don't have to go to two appointments with the nutritionist and social worker. It says in our paperwork that you would have two visits with them but some of the group has said it depends on how ready you are or they deem you to be.

The dietician was thinking I should see her 6 months even tho my INS didn't require it but I was dealing with major gallbladder issues and had Just had an ultra sound done so I just told her I refused to go thru 2 surgeries and I was tired of being so sick..so she signed my release and I had surgery within 2wks...they took out my gbladder and did a hernia repair at the same time as my rny...5 huge gallstones..no wonder I was so sick!

Oh wow! I am not sure what kinds of tests I will have to do. I don't think I have to much going on but I know that can change as i didnd think i had sleep apnea either but they are thinking that i do Boarderline high blood pressure for couple years and a BMI of 43. I'm struggling with doing exercise. You sit on your butt for 20 years and it's hard to get moving now.

I would suggest talking to your surgeon about checking your gallbladder before surgery...so many end up with gb issues shortly after rny and then havE to have another surgery...if I hadn't told my surgeon I was sure I was already having issues I doubt they would have checked it before hand....I'm not suggesting you will but it might be something you want to bring up to him...

I'm struggling with getting out and walking...the weather is my excuse haha...I've always been a walker as my dog needs a walk every day but the last 2yrs my sons have been doing most of that for me as I was dealing with cancer treatment....but now I need to start again since I'm doing everything else to get my health back...no more excuses!

Wow cancer and all the weight stuff too! Man that must have been rough... I hope your doing good now. Exercise and I are not very good friends. Lol I've been trying,some. More than I ever did before so that is a plus for me and I know that I will have to step it up. Just have to get there I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do. Been doing the stairs at work but I acn only do 5 flights up and down before I huff myself back to my desk. I have been going on more walks and am doing 2 miles in a hour. So that is a improvement from the couch : )

Thanks. The only thing is its not every day yet.. But hopefully I will get there. Someday! Lol Mostly I'm just ready to get on with this. Feels like limbo land right now. How long are you post op? How much have you lost?

Lol...oh well..whoever she is she looks like she's donE great! I'm 6 wks out (11/20)...I've lost 22 lbs and have been stalled for over 2wks...trying not to get discouraged...i just need to get somE excersize going...

She does look great! Lol I don't have a clue how the heck I did that! Too funny! Yes I Ned to do it every day and that is where I am lacking still. The stairs I do at work but only for the last week and the walking I've been doing for a couple weeks now but not every day. You are doing really good!!