Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Vegetables Not Recommended ?

Does someone k ow if zucchini and eggplant are recommended after 6 weeks post op ?

I've been eating zucchini, I am also 6 weeks post op

I was told whatever you could chew and tolerate. Celery can be difficult because it is so stringy, but most vegetables should not pose problems. I am two months today and had a small chop salad today, just chew a lot and don't eat too fast.

Thank you i will try them

it should be fine as long as you are not cooking them with anything high in carbs. but a sautee or steam should be fine!

Lots of differences from one doctor to another when it comes to post-op diet. I was told that most vegetables and canned fruit were fine at six weeks. But to avoid cherries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries because of skin and seeds. And no citrus fruits until three months out - can cause ulcers.

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to the family of big losers!!

Lots of differences from one doctor to another when it comes to post-op diet. I was told that most vegetables and canned fruit were fine at six weeks. But to avoid cherries' date=' blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries because of skin and seeds. And no citrus fruits until three months out - can cause ulcers.

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to the family of big losers!![/quote']

I ate a strawberry last week with no problem. It was just one, though.

Thank you all for the support.

The concern about citrus is ulcers from the acidity. Lime or lemon Water might be sugar free but possibly not acid free. I'd be cautious at six days out.

My doctor also told me I have to wait tell I'm a few months out to eat corn or peas.

I haven't tried it but I know a lot of people do eat it! I think they are more concerned about whole. I asked if I could have corn once I get to soft foods and they said no because corn expands in your stomach. So I just said ok lol. But I'm sure the Soup is just fine!

I'd run that one by your doctor. My doctor would have said "no soup". The first week is often not only full liquid, but "clear" liquid. But doctors have different ideas regarding post-op care so your best bet is ask.

I was on full liquid week 1, but doc still said no pea soup....too high in carbs. He prefers to keep diet similar to Atkins, low sugar low carb, high Protein. Good luck, each week gets easier:)