Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know your out there!!! NICU nurse right here!

I've been an LPN since 1973. What a surprise to finally be a patient. I had the surgery to repair a severely bad abdominal hernia; was shocked when the surgeon recommended the RNY! Surgery was 5-15-12.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Antepartum/Gyn Onc RN here. I know. I know. Our unit truly is very specialized and covers pre birth to hospice for women only.

Ortho RN here.

Antepartum/Gyn Onc RN here. I know. I know. Our unit truly is very specialized and covers pre birth to hospice for women only.

Did you say that you work for pinnacle?

Shhh!! Pinnacle is a bad, bad word:)

Oh yeah, and that would be a yes.

Lol a psychic told me I would work there o_O

Your psychic should be shot;) I love my job (I dont want to go back on Fri) and wouldn't trade it for the world. It's so varied. I can go from one room with a woman fighting to maintain a pregnancy to another with a pt fighting for life with Uterine Ca to another with a woman letting go of life after a battle with ovarian Ca. We run the whole gamut of emotions. But for the most part couldn't find a more appreciative group of pts and families. Though there IS truth to the what the rest of thospital calls the "whiney gynies;)." But the rest of the floors aren't as nice as ours! Lol! Come on over:)

And don't ever disbelieve psychics. I had one tell me that my ex boyfriend and I would get back together when his new gf dumped him. I would get pregnant. We would get married and have 2 kids. The first of which would be a boy. She couldn't tell what the 2nd was. And that eventually he would walk out and leave me to care for my children. I'll be damned if every part of that scenario didn't happen and in that order! Good guesses? I chose to think not.

I would love a job like that. I initially intended to be a midwife but I just can't afford more school. I kinda hate my current job bc it's not using my skills or challenging enough but I work 8:30-5 mon-fri which is what I need as a single mom. But I've been keeping my eyes open!

And don't ever disbelieve psychics. I had one tell me that my ex boyfriend and I would get back together when his new gf dumped him. I would get pregnant. We would get married and have 2 kids. The first of which would be a boy. She couldn't tell what the 2nd was. And that eventually he would walk out and leave me to care for my children. I'll be damned if every part of that scenario didn't happen and in that order! Good guesses? I chose to think not.

Sorry to hear that he was a butthead but lol that she told you all that! I know this is crazy but I remembered her telling me that I would live to be old so it helped my anxiety about facing this surgery bc I went into sepsis and coded after my first c section. So I was really scared about more surery. She tol me some really surprising things. I know they seem like a waste if money and I've only done it once but would love to do it again! Let me know if you ever want to do a group session.

One of these days we should definitely do a group session. Man, I wish I had a daytime Mon-Fri job:) I work full-time nights. I started as a day night rotator and it sucked beyond belief. I'm thinking of going to Centeal PA Hospice. Believe it or not, sometimes I prefer my cancer pts to my pregnant ones.

Lol, turned from nurses to psychics. Anyway, I'm a nurse. Haven't worked in 3 years... Burnout. I miss using my skills and am afraid of losing them but I refuse to go back to nursing home. Nobody else around here wants to.hire lpn. So... Guess I'll get my en or choose a different career. Right now though. I'm perfectly content to stay home and raise my kiddos. I might go back when they're all in school.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RNYTalk

L & D RN!!! I'm burned out too! Ready for change. I originally wanted to be a nurse midwife also, but that was too much like right. I'm in school right now for nursing informatics. Working and going to school :blink: not fun! Tired of 12 hour shifts but I don't know if I want to work everyday either.